• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Mastadon

Banned
I think the criticism from Liverpool fans of Borini is pretty disgraceful, to be honest.

Maybe he should have moved to Sunderland for his career, but without really knowing the details we can't say definitively either way.

But to say he's too greedy for QPR? Absurd. Why wouldn't you want a serious financial package, when you see the joke wages they routinely chuck to shite? Why wouldn't you want an easy exit, from perhaps the worst club in the whole of England?

And to act as though Liverpool deserved the fee, that he had some kind of obligation to move, is also foolish. He was in a good position for Roma but moved to Liverpool anyway, only to miss out due to injuries. Then he just gets discarded for Iago fucking Aspas. I'd say he's perfectly entitled to want to stay, even if his career might suffer.

I agree for the most part, but I don't think he should be immune from criticism for not moving to a club who can offer him first team football when he's been expressly told that he won't feature for Liverpool.

I can perfectly understand why he'd take that route, but it still doesn't sit quite right. In the end though, I think he'll be decent to have around the squad. An injury to Studge/Balo and we'll look really light up front again.

valeo

Pretty much, he is an exciting counter attacking player, but we never used him in a good way. I still think a midfield attacking three of him Ozil and Sanchez would destroy teams if we just sit back and hit on the counter.

I wouldn't say greedy. I would want a shit load of money if I was being forced to leave Liverpool for QPR

Sitting back on the counter against lower prem teams? Tactical genius. 0-0 every game.

I still want Vidal

ibpQDOvh1sAgq.gif

You know what I miss.

That feeling when United were losing or drawing and there were 10 mins left and the surge of began and you just knew we were gonna do it.

God. Gaal pls. I crave it.

You know what I miss.

That feeling when United were losing or drawing and there were 10 mins left and the surge of began and you just knew we were gonna do it.

I remember that, though in the last couple of years it was the inverse.. winning with 10mins left and knowing we'd throw it away :p

Clydefrog

At least you (Man Utd) will have Spurs and Everton battling for Europa scraps again. At least.. that is the idea. You won't have to worry about Arsenal thanks to secret agent Welbeck. I'm not even going to discuss your chances of winning the league...

(THERE'S STILL HOPE, USHO!)

Salazar

You know what I miss.

Honestly didn't expect our starting 11 to (potentially) look as different as it does.

I don't expect our defending to improve much. Herrera needs to be godlike for a bit. Fletcher needs to chuck it in. A decent Carrick would be so handy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I get public transportation, I really do, but driving is something you HAVE to do eventually, your life will be SO MUCH easier and you'll feel FREE

driving with someone next to you, or dropping someone off is one of my favourite things ever :lol
You and Yurt should create a drag racing crew you fiends.
he totalled four cars, no one in his right mind will trust us. But then again, if you drag race, you're probably brainless (too)
You know what I miss.

we had that with Conte Cunte :( 0.09 L percentage :(

You know what I miss.

All we do is revert to hoofball and launch balls to an imaginary Fellaini in the final 10 minutes.

Zabojnik

10 years ago maybe.

This man tore blew out his entire knee, tearing through every CL he had. And came back the next year and became the league MVP.

We'll see how it goes with Rumbo and Strootz, I guess. The last pre/after player I used to watch regularly is Jovetic and he's definitely not the same player he was before.

Carbonox

The NFL returning matters more to me than these absurdly timed internationals. Being in SF for the Superbowl earlier this year would have been far more awesome had SF made it.

I'm not sure Man Utd is a tougher job than Spurs tbh at the moment. More pressure to succeed sure, but Levy is more impatient, and Spurs wouldn't have given him the resources to simply spend their way back to the top 4

Louis van Gaal: 'At Bayern, they would have stopped me. But do you know what United's people do? They just keep buying!'

Louis van Gaal: 'They [United's people] support me! They have trust in me. You can feel that. As a person too.'

LvG <3 Wooders

Zabojnik

I get public transportation, I really do, but driving is something you HAVE to do eventually, your life will be SO MUCH easier and you'll feel FREE

driving with someone next to you, or dropping someone off is one of my favourite things ever :lol

Yeah, forgot to mention this yesterday. Also, being able to listen to music at high volumes. Driving at night with your favourite album(s) on is an amazing feeling.

Blablurn

Louis van Gaal: 'At Bayern, they would have stopped me. But do you know what United's people do? They just keep buying!'

Louis van Gaal: 'They [United's people] support me! They have trust in me. You can feel that. As a person too.'

LvG <3 Wooders

we were cheap bastards at that time to be fair. he got a point.

Honestly didn't expect our starting 11 to (potentially) look as different as it does.

I don't expect our defending to improve much. Herrera needs to be godlike for a bit. Fletcher needs to chuck it in. A decent Carrick would be so handy.
Yeah, I didn&#8217;t expect it either&#8230;but feel like we should have. There was always going to be a big turnaround. But yeah&#8230;pretty much all our 6 signings are likely to be first teamers.

Defence will remain poop but I do think the players in front of them improving will make a difference. Young and Valencia don&#8217;t do anything with it, just invite pressure. And midfield has just been a hole. Our defense will remain error prone and succumb under pressure but we&#8217;ve created a lot of problems for ourselves in the games so far. Hopefully that stops happening.

I&#8217;m not so worried about CM anymore. Herrera, Blind and Di Maria all playing in there are better than I had hoped for.

Worried sick for Mata and Adnan though.

Depends on the city. And depends who you&#8217;re driving next to/dropping off :p

Agree though, driving is fun.

Yeah, forgot to mention this yesterday. Also, being able to listen to music at high volumes. Driving at night with your favourite album(s) on is an amazing feeling.
Aww yeah. I like motorway driving at night.

The NFL returning matters more to me than these absurdly timed internationals. Being in SF for the Superbowl earlier this year would have been far more awesome had SF made it.
49ers won&#8217;t even get out of their division.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
OH BABY

upset?

had fight?

Viva is being mean to you?

KidA is ignoring your posts?

Salazar is tweeting your midfielder?

Go out for a ride and it'll definitely cheer you up

In India

A Driver drives me everywhere

feels fine

Since I spend M-F nights working and S-S watching footy.

Life? What Life?

TeddyBoy

Need some help FootyGaf, I play Sunday league football and our player-coach demands we play 4-4-2 so he can shoehorn himself into the starting lineup somehow, however the rest of the team is adamant that we play 4-2-3-1 as it suits our team better.
Need ideas on how we can tell him to fuck off with his hoofball rubbish so we can tiki-taka teams to death Pep style.

I think it's best you approach him as a team, just say it's best for the team he doesn't play and instead acts purely as a manager. If it's a united decision then your coach should put aside his feelings and leave himself out next game.

I think the criticism from Liverpool fans of Borini is pretty disgraceful, to be honest.

Maybe he should have moved to Sunderland for his career, but without really knowing the details we can't say definitively either way.

But to say he's too greedy for QPR? Absurd. Why wouldn't you want a serious financial package, when you see the joke wages they routinely chuck to shite? Why wouldn't you want an easy exit, from perhaps the worst club in the whole of England?

And to act as though Liverpool deserved the fee, that he had some kind of obligation to move, is also foolish. He was in a good position for Roma but moved to Liverpool anyway, only to miss out due to injuries. Then he just gets discarded for Iago fucking Aspas. I'd say he's perfectly entitled to want to stay, even if his career might suffer.

I don't mind Borini staying but we also want what's best for the guy. He's barely going to get a game for us and wasn't even that great for Sunderland. Borini may seem like an alright lad but we want what's best for LFC, having him off the wage bill and an extra £10m in the bank may have been the best way to accomplish that (we're happy for him to prove us wrong).

subtles

what

this is like paying someone to have sex for you. Or paying someone to take your driver's test

Nope. I love driving but a humble driver driving around in a major city with you in the backseat (tinted windows to measure) doing whatever is bliss.

Absolute bliss.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Need some help FootyGaf, I play Sunday league football and our player-coach demands we play 4-4-2 so he can shoehorn himself into the starting lineup somehow, however the rest of the team is adamant that we play 4-2-3-1 as it suits our team better.
Need ideas on how we can tell him to fuck off with his hoofball rubbish so we can tiki-taka teams to death Pep style.

you can always say "ok boss" and then play in whatever shape you like :lol the Juve pre-Conte way

Zabojnik

I'm really curious to see how Allegri is going to manage the supposedly gradual switch to 4-3-3 / 4-3-1-2. Our defenders haven't played in a 4-men line for ages, Barzagli and Chiellini are great, but not the fastest lads out there, and I'm pretty sure Bonucci is physically and mentally unable to play as one of the two CBs. Having Caceres + Barza / Chiellini play in the middle might be the sensible thing to try. Martin is awesome.

Help

Can you think of an object which is perceived differently, or at least has its own identity, in lots of different countries. I'm talking like 100 countries, not 10.

Top Bottom