• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

I'm really curious to see how Allegri is going to manage the supposedly gradual switch to 4-3-3 / 4-3-1-2. Our defenders haven't played in a 4-men line for ages, Barzagli and Chiellini are great, but not the fastest lads out there, and I'm pretty sure Bonucci is physically and mentally unable to play as one of the two CBs. Having Caceres + Barza / Chiellini play in the middle might be the sensible thing to try. Martin is awesome.

Vidal can play as CB!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh yea, in western countries they are called chauffeur

Only not as glamorous

Nope. I love driving but a humble driver driving around in a major city with you in the backseat (tinted windows to measure) doing whatever is bliss.

Absolute bliss.

you don't like driving enough then!

I don't like it when I'm not in control "that lane is faster" "can you go a little faster" "ugh that song" "...*stomach noises*...*oh fuck I've been holding this fart for 10 mins now* how long till we *groooowl* arrive? ;_; "

you don't like driving enough then!

I don't like it when I'm not in control "that lane is faster" "can you go a little faster" "ugh that song" "...*stomach noises*...*oh fuck I've been holding this fart for 10 mins now* how long till we *groooowl* arrive? ;_; "

I love driving

just not in India

When I was in US
cruising in my Lexus ES 350
music on

soooooooooooooo good

Zabojnik

Today marks the 25th anniversary of Gaetano Scirea's passing. A fucking understated football legend if there ever was one. GOAT defender.

Gaetano_Scirea.jpg

Ciao Gai <3

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
reading comprehension how does it work :lol sorry Viva

I'm really curious to see how Allegri is going to manage the supposedly gradual switch to 4-3-3 / 4-3-1-2. Our defenders haven't played in a 4-men line for ages, Barzagli and Chiellini are great, but not the fastest lads out there, and I'm pretty sure Bonucci is physically and mentally unable to play as one of the two CBs. Having Caceres + Barza / Chiellini play in the middle might be the sensible thing to try. Martin is awesome.

Morbid curiosity I take it :lol I think we'll do fine in a back four, but the biggest issue is still our LB position :lol and yeah, it sounds like a recipe for disaster with Giorgio -tank controls- Chiellini

Today marks the 25th anniversary Gaetano Scirea's passing. A fucking understated football legend if there ever was one. GOAT defender.

Gaetano_Scirea.jpg

Ciao Gai <3

I feel like more people should know about him :( the classiest Juve and Italian player/citizen ever. Guys PLEASE, whenever you're bored, just watch some highlights of him. An absolute legend of the game and truly one of the GOATs. I don't think I've ever seen cleaner/smoother tackles :lol

Louis V starting to scope some changes at Academy Level, Viva ITK has been told. Wants to restructure staffing at least, apparently views it as too much of a friends thing at the moment. Some kind of internal review being carried out right now.

Also the u18's are using 352, or at least have been. Don't think it's a full time commitment though.

United won't be signing the LB/LM Borg from West Ham it seems. Decided against it. City have contacted him, may end up there. Not sure if that's why United dropped interest...but United now trying to poach one of City's u16 players.

Great stuff.

I should have known not to ask you guys :(

El Topo

I should have known not to ask you guys :(

Well I'm sorry but it's difficult to think of a good example with a widespread different identity. I'm still thinking, best I could come up with so far is bread, but I'm not sure if it fits your criteria. There' used to be an enormous amount of cultural differences regarding bread and it even plays a role in religious service (e.g. the Holy Communion), but it's not really *one* object and the cultural differences have become less and less these days.

Elchele

Didn't Wiese retire, and become a body builder?

:lol

Damn, Nilmar is already 30yo? I remember him from his days at Villarreal, he was pretty good. Trochowski said he's still on contract with his club, but looks like they don't think the same.

Well I'm sorry but it's difficult to think of a good example with a widespread different identity. I'm still thinking, best I could come up with so far is bread, but I'm not sure if it fits your criteria. There' used to be an enormous amount of cultural differences regarding bread and it even plays a role in religious service (e.g. the Holy Communion), but it's not really *one* object and the cultural differences have become less and less these days.
That's very interesting. Thank you.

There is no criteria other than that it is an object, which different nations and societies have varying perspectives on.

Personal Space?

Can it be an object?
Has to be an object.

Might start a thread on this.

This is what I was thinking of, coins.

Unsure at the moment whether that will count as a single object however. Will find out.

Bills look different in most countries. Euro, Yen, Dollar, etc... When they think of money they picture their bill. Moreover every bill carries a certain amount of purchasing power.

Yen

I have to share this video of Billy Bob Thornton nearly going full-Lorne Malvo.

:lol

Damn, Nilmar is already 30yo? I remember him from his days at Villarreal, he was pretty good. Trochowski said he's still on contract with his club, but looks like they don't think the same.

I remember watching an episode FIFA Futbol Mundial dedicated to him in 2006 that predicted he would be a star of the 06 World Cup.

We've signed a new foetus!

Liverpool sign Madger

BwmQ5bbIIAA4dtk.jpg

Carbonox

For the new page

Money! Barring its basic purpose it has many variables that differ between each country. Be it appearance, name, value, accessibility, etc.

Edit: Fuck sake KidA you beat me.

yeah because all guys from middle eastern countries are sexists, you racist.

reported

They're not?
ibefhJFdeKYMRU.png

----

Pretty sure Iggy Azalea has a shout-out to Yaya Sanogo in one of her songs. I dunno tho.

Bills look different in most countries. Euro, Yen, Dollar, etc... When they think of money they picture their bill. Moreover every bill carries a certain amount of purchasing power.

The only issue I can think of with bills is that they are limited to societies where money/currency is a widespread concept.

Coins could spread beyond that into smaller tribes/societies.

Edit - My mistake, I didn't specify that it could be different societies and cultures not just nations.

Mastadon

Banned
The only issue I can think of with bills is that they are limited to societies where money/currency is a widespread concept.

Edit - My mistake, I didn't specify that it could be different societies and cultures not just nations.

A condom/birth control would be good.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

wearing pants at home?

cooking naked?

I just wanna help Viva please

Street Dog!

Food
Pet
Nuisance

idk

Fergie

Banned
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140903/video-danny-welbeck-s-first-interview

Nah m8.

Danny Welbeck became Arsenal's fifth signing of the summer on Monday.

Danny, how does it feel to be an Arsenal Player?

It's exciting times for me. It's great to be a part of this club and it's a team that I've always watched in the Premier League. I've envisaged myself playing in this team before. For it to finally happen is very exciting.

When you say you picture yourself in the team, is that because of the way Arsenal play and you see yourself as a striker going on to those through balls?

I believe the style of play the manager's got and the boys play and with the magnificent players in midfield slotting balls through, I can run on to the end of those balls and slot them away.

How did the move unfold from your perspective?

It went right down to the wire in the end. It's difficult to say how I felt at the [different] times of each day because the deal was on and then it was off but at the end of the day I'm an Arsenal player and I couldn't be any happier at the moment.

Do you sense that Arsenal are a club on the up?

Yeah definitely. They've done well in recent years and last year we got the FA Cup and I feel like it's time where we could really push on and try and challenge for the Premier League title. I've got one medal and it's something that I really want to add to.

Arsenal fans will know your name and will have seen you play. What are your strengths - what can you can bring to this team?

I'd like to bring pace and power to the game. At Arsenal, we're not short of combination football and I like to join in on that and get in behind defenders and try to get shots off at goal. I want to score some goals and help the team to achieve the right results.

You're still a young man but you've got a lot of experience at the top level already. In what way can this move take your career to the next level?

I've been at United ever since I was a little boy and I had a great time there. I just think this is the next stage of my development - to come to Arsenal, to really show people what I can do as a footballer and hopefully get to the place where I want to be.

You had been at Manchester United for most of your life, so it must have been difficult to leave...

Things move on in life and I think you've really got to make the right decision in the situation that you're in at that moment in time. I really do believe that coming to Arsenal is the right decision.

Top Bottom