• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Real Madrid should give other clubs a chance ffs. I mean I know you're rich but why not let players like Jese flourish. Let him be second choice for the year.
Umm because he's injured and who knows what his condition will be like when he returns? He was given play time before his injury and was accepted as benzema's replacement. Not sure what you're going on about.

sohois

Umm because he's injured and who knows what his condition will be like when he returns? He was given play time before his injury and was accepted as benzema's replacement. Not sure what you're going on about.

That's a fair point. It seems wise to replace someone who has suffered a potentially very serious injury, one which could have major ramifications for their future career with Falcao, a player who has suffered a very serious injury that will definitely have major ramifications for his future career

Milch, do you think Kagawa will be mostly a second string player at BVB this season before moving him into the no. 10 role possibly left by Reus?

Wasn't the news recently that Reus wants to be played centrally, and Aubameyang and even Jojic look better than Kagawa on the wings.

Let's face it, at this point, Kagawa is a pure luxury signing. We don't really need him right now. And as all rumors point towards a similar deal like Sahin (loan + option to buy), it's just a gamble.

He might be back to being awesome immediately considering he didn't need much time to click with our team at the first time. In that case, there's no way around Kagawa, especially as he's the player we've been missing since he left. Who knows what we'll do with Reus then. We might continue to play that shitty diamond 4-4-2, so that there's room for Reus as second striker. Or the rumors might not be true and Reus is fine with playing LW. Kagawa isn't a player who's on a fix spot all the time anyway. Reus would still have space in the centre if put as LW on the formation sheet. I'm sure Reus would profit a lot from a good Kagawa at CAM and they would work well together.

Or Kagawa will need some time, which is more likely, and will not be first team material for an important match until next year. And until then, we know more about Reus' decision.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Cant wait to sleep, every time I wake up there could be news to excite :eek:

omgkitty

Let's face it, at this point, Kagawa is a pure luxury signing. We don't really need him right now. And as all rumors point towards a similar deal like Sahin (loan + option to buy), it's just a gamble.

He might be back to being awesome immediately considering he didn't need much time to click with our team at the first time. In that case, there's no way around Kagawa, especially as he's the player we've been missing since he left. Who knows what we'll do with Reus then. We might continue to play that shitty diamond 4-4-2, so that there's room for Reus as second striker. Or the rumors might not be true and Reus is fine with playing LW. Kagawa isn't a player who's on a fix spot all the time anyway. Reus would still have space in the centre if put as LW on the formation sheet. I'm sure Reus would profit a lot from a good Kagawa at CAM and they would work well together.

Or Kagawa will need some time, which is more likely, and will not be first team material for an important match until next year. And until then, we know more about Reus' decision.

Wasn't Kagawa essentially a CF / SS for Dortmund before? I remember he scored a decent amount of goals.

GorillaJu

Missed the draw last night but LOL at City getting Bayern again. And Roma. Not particularly afraid of Liverpool's group. We'll probably get 3 points out of Real and enough out it he other games to finish 2nd. Chelsea getting off easy once again, and Arsenal should be fine too.

Linius

I believe he can make it at Southampton.

Meanwhile United are buying a 16 year old defender of us. By the time he's 23 Twente will buy him from United. In the between time he'll go on loan a couple of times after some time in Uniteds academy.

wedward

david m ‏@davemagar 15m
Still very confident that there will be a signing or 2 before TDD. Wenger playing it cool as usual

few things in life as satisfying as an ITK backpedaling .

Guardiola was alright.

Not really on the same level as the other two.

Ramsey to Barca?

Yes, German humor by Milch. Best to just ignore him.

This post :lol :lol :lol

Wasn't Kagawa essentially a CF / SS for Dortmund before? I remember he scored a decent amount of goals.

Kagawa did everything for us. He took the ball in defense/midfield, passed it forward and scored the goals.

But he was definitely a CAM. Most great CAMs score 10+ goals a season, that's not really uncommon.

wedward

Bergkamp or Klopp for next Arsenal manager
Henry maybe?

At this point I would be fine with Wenger taking a more hands off approach and handing training and tactics over to someone else like Fergie did.

Just don't think he is up to it anymore.

Go_Ly_Dow

this must have been what Woody and Gaal were discussing at dinner last night.

Louis:Ed, I've made up my mind...
Ed: On who goes?
Louis: Yes
-We offer cleverly to Villa for a "cut" price deal of 12mil, they offer 10 and we accept
-Shinji will be offered to Dortmund, Klopp has a thing for him
-and Hernandez....we dangle the carrot in front of Valencia in an attempt to draw Junited out of the woodworks. They panic and then we use him as leverage for Vidal

Ed: what about Ashley Young?

Louis: he rots in the reserves for being a diving cunt

Duncan Jenkins? Claimed to be ITK but was just making everything up. Jen Chang, Liverpool's head of PR and former Sports Illustrated journo, thought someone was leaking Liverpool's transfer news. So he tracked down the man behind Duncan Jenkins and insinuated he was going to put "dogshit" through his letterbox if he didn't stop.

Hahaha wtf this is the first time I've read this story. What a psychopath

There's an Arsenal guy I follow on twitter who does the symbols in names for every single player. Like, normally people would just put down Sanchez (example) but he has to be all weird and put down Sánchez. Also, he puts down a player's full name when starting a new tweet.

lol, might just be me, but i find it weird when you have to write everything perfectly.

K1LLER7

Kagawa just couldn't hack it in the Premier League, not physical enough, The German League must be full of pussies
He couldn't adapt to the system.

Didn't help he was played out wide for most of his time here. Towards the end of last season and after signing Mata, he started to look good when both he and Mata were linking well.

Shame it never worked out. Think he would have done much better in an Arsenal or a Liverpool team. But than again at least he can leave the PL after just 2 seasons and with 1 PL medal more than some will ever get.

There's an Arsenal guy I follow on twitter who does the symbols in names for every single player. Like, normally people would just put down Sanchez (example) but he has to be all weird and put down Sánchez. Also, he puts down a player's full name when starting a new tweet.

lol, might just be me, but i find it weird when you have to write everything perfectly.

It's respecting the players innit Freewheelin'

EmiPrime

Maybe his phone auto-corrects the names with the accents. Easy to do with a custom keyboard like Swiftkey.

I'd probably do the same. I'm a grammar nazi 90% of the time.

Hixx

"Alvarez was in the plans of Diego Simeone, coach of Atletico Madrid, but finally decided to go to Sunderland in the Premier League, which will be directed by Uruguayan Gustavo Poyet and will partner Vergini Santa Fe Santiago."

Hahahaha first we mug Arsenal off for Alderweireld and now Atletico for Alvarez

#MASSIVE

we will sign neither of them

Top Bottom