• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Meier

why do u have a cunt in ur avatar m8

Despite his shitty football allegiance, the man is a legend.

Love those pics of Mario and Kolo.

Who was the guy that basically forced out the Liverpool CEO? (or something)

that story was hilarious

It was their press officer as I recall. Some dude who was threatening a Twitter "ITK" due to thinking he was leaking information.. took it too far as I recall.

omgkitty

Sam ‏@samuelJayC 6m

Klopp on Wenger, Nov 2013: "He is really something. I love him. He is Sir Arsène Wenger." #afc #bvb

BwKEH8tIcAE4ByK.jpg

Current and future manager right there.

Yen

Who was the guy that basically forced out the Liverpool CEO? (or something)

that story was hilarious

Duncan Jenkins? Claimed to be ITK but was just making everything up. Jen Chang, Liverpool's head of PR and former Sports Illustrated journo, thought someone was leaking Liverpool's transfer news. So he tracked down the man behind Duncan Jenkins and insinuated he was going to put "dogshit" through his letterbox if he didn't stop.

wedward

Nicolò Schira ‏@NicoSchira 21m
#Arsenal is talking with Antonio #Apostopoulos, #Papastatopoulos's agent, to transfer him from #BorussiaDortmund to Gunners. #AFC

Sorry Milch.

Fucking Makienok to Palermo seems to have happened. Football is dead. Hope Zamparini gets angry with him and forces him to sit in the reserves for years, destroying his football career.

Here's a random photo of Balotelli I forgot about

iuYQ6bHa5GZtU.jpg

Duncan Jenkins? Claimed to be ITK but was just making everything up. Jen Chang, Liverpool's head of PR and former Sports Illustrated journo, thought someone was leaking Liverpool's transfer news. So he tracked down the man behind Duncan Jenkins and insinuated he was going to put "dogshit" through his letterbox if he didn't stop.

That's it, cheers.

hahaha it still cracks me up

Nicolò Schira ‏@NicoSchira 21m
#Arsenal is talking with Antonio #Apostopoulos, #Papastatopoulos's agent, to transfer him from #BorussiaDortmund to Gunners. #AFC

Sorry Milch.

Torito Mierda @ToriMierda 5m
#Ramsey to #Barca all but done, Clubs agreed fee, just waiting for #Messi's approval #AFC

Sorry weddy

rodvik

“We’re being labelled – or I’m being accused of leading England to being – a second-rate country. If that’s the case, a draw will be a fantastic result over there. If that’s your real opinion, that we’re heading towards mediocrity, maybe you shouldn’t expect us to win matches against Switzerland, who are fifth or sixth [ninth] in the world, had quite a good World Cup and have a very experienced team.

“I don’t think that way. I don’t think we’re heading for mediocrity. I think there’s great potential. There’s hope. It’s not going to be solved overnight. For years you have watched players you believed in and admired, but unfortunately they haven’t produced the results that you wanted them to achieve. We understand now that achieving those results is going to be even harder. The good news for us – albeit we’re still suffering from the post-World Cup depression and disappointment that we all felt – is that we have two years to make certain we qualify. And in 2016, let’s see what kind of team we have.”

Fuck OFF Roy Hodgson.

How the fuck is he still employed???

Salvadora

If it does happen I hope Wenger rotates the CB's more. No reason for Kos and Per to be playing every single game.
We really shouldn't.

Players need a mental rest as much as a physical rest.

It's unreasonable to expect that pairing to play 99% of our games.

Danchi

Milch, do you think Kagawa will be mostly a second string player at BVB this season before moving him into the no. 10 role possibly left by Reus?

Wasn't the news recently that Reus wants to be played centrally, and Aubameyang and even Jojic look better than Kagawa on the wings.

L1NETT

I'm looking forward to it being over, to be honest.

So much guff being written.

I think Jim White will one day just explode out of excitement on deadline day and it turns out he is a robot who is fueled by transfer rumours and breaking news

Twitter has amplified the transfer window and turned it into a horrifying moron-a-thon of gullible mugs and ITK-look at me-wankery

There are very few good sources. My guide to anyway who wants to remain sane (unless you an odd bean who feeds off reading absolutely anyone's twitter timeline in search of rumour) is stick to them and what the club says. Only gonna lead to disappointment.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
good lord just woke up and saw our group...welp we're completely fucked lol. maybe if we had last years team, but not the butchered one we have this year

I cant believe Porto's luck tho >_<

Linius

Could see Wenger spending another 5 years (or more) at Arsenal before retiring, depending on circumstances.

Managerial landscape could be quite different then.

In five years everyone bows down to king Frank. The Fergie of the low countries bringing Ajax to European victories.

In my dreams

K1LLER7

We should use this Kagawa deal to try and improve any chances we may get in signing Dortmund players.

Take Kagawa and then sell us Reus for 35m next season /Woodward.

Pennywise

Milch, do you think Kagawa will be mostly a second string player at BVB this season before moving him into the no. 10 role possibly left by Reus?

Wasn't the news recently that Reus wants to be played centrally, and Aubameyang and even Jojic look better than Kagawa on the wings.

That wasn't news, that was just a user on a fanboard with good contacts, that's it.

However, Kagawa on 10 doesn't rule out the possibility of Reus playing central as well.

---------Immobile------
-----------------Reus-----
Miki----Kagawa-----Auba
----------Bender------------

That could be working pretty well.
Kagawa obviously also needs some time to readjust.

Meier

Huh, I heard about Pep shaking Muller at practice, but I didn't realize it was an open training session with a shitload of fans watching. He's kind of insane, lol.

Top Bottom