• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Barzul

Osman ‏@OsmanZtheGooner 13m
'Cadena Cope' claiming Falcao was offered to Madrid but Perez rejected the chance to sign him.

7HVsRCY.gif

GorillaJu

I don't worry about accents but I like to use umlauts correctly. Müller, Agüero, etc.

And Barça! My phone autocorrects to these for me now. And Apple keyboards, since I'm a Mac user, have a similar feature with the option key.

'Cadena Cope' claiming Falcao was offered to Madrid but Perez rejected the chance to sign him.

7HVsRCY.gif

Fucking hell man, someone needs to make a list of trusted transfer sources.

I can't wrap my head around all this muppetry.

Football has the worst group of journalists by far.

Salvadora

He has done a good job at Everton and the players play for him.

Also has a whiff of moral superiority I like in a manager.
I like Martinez, but we need a better look at him first.

Presumably if Arsenal do go looking for a manager, which we haven't done in 17 years, we would be fishing in the top pool.

wedward

They'll get Dragan Stojkovic anyway...

This is the rumor that just won't die.

It's not happening. Not unless he leaves Japan and starts managing in a real league.

I like Martinez, but we need a better look at him first.

Presumably if Arsenal do go looking for a manager, which we haven't done in 17 years, we would be fishing in the top pool.

I think we have at least 3 more years, probably 5, before having to decide. Who knows what the world will be like in 5 years.

wedward

I would rather see how he does over the next 2 seasons, handles the Europa League before saying he's done a good job.

Fair enough. Not saying he is our next manager, but I think in 3-5 years he could be an option. Depending on how he does over the next 3-5 years of course.

Manager options - retire

Options - add new manager

Choose club - Southampton

'Southampton have replaced recently sacked manager Freewheelin with Freewheelin'

this is a brilliant idea, but i cba to manage southampton again.

gonna go for the roma job, already declared my interest :p

edit: meh, soton have Jorge Jesus as their new manager LOL

omgkitty

7HVsRCY.gif

Not Arsenal.

Mendes is trying to sell Falcao after Real Madrid rejected him. Juventus & Man City showed their interest today in Monaco. [@Carpio_Marca]

Salvadora

I think we have at least 3 more years, probably 5, before having to decide. Who knows what the world will be like in 5 years.
While I wouldn't want him to choose his successor, I would like Wenger to give his input on the candidates.

There isn't many football men on the board.

Danchi

But I thought Florentino slipped Falcao a napkin that said he wanted him.

He only does that to people he's serious about.

Barzul

Not Arsenal.

Mendes is trying to sell Falcao after Real Madrid rejected him. Juventus & Man City showed their interest today in Monaco. [@Carpio_Marca]
If we're in for him truly. I fancy our chances over Juve. Can City afford another 40m+ fee this summer? Plus don't they have like 4 strikers already...

Abraxas

Anyone here seen or heard of siebe schjivers? Plays for genk, and is apparently decent.

Can't believe the madrid squad this season. If they don't win at least 3 trophies its unthinkable.

wedward

If we're in for him truly. I fancy our chances over Juve. Can City afford another 40m+ fee this summer? Plus don't they have like 4 strikers already...

-----------Falcao
Sanchez Ozil Walcott
----Wilshere Rambo

That'll do.

Imagine. Rambo and Rumbo.

Yen

Hahaha wtf this is the first time I've read this story. What a psychopath

https://twitter.com/duncanjenkinsFC

duncan jenkins @duncanjenkinsFC · 31 Aug 2012
#lfc confident of plundering U.S.A marksman climp dempsey before the #window slams shut.

duncan jenkins @duncanjenkinsFC · 4 Jul 2012
great news about #higgs boson who has been found alive and well, what a relief that must be for his parents.

duncan jenkins @duncanjenkinsFC · 21 Jun 2012
among the many B.S rumours #lfc interest in #borini is real talk. no bid as far as my mole on the wall is aware but more than just a #rumour

duncan jenkins @duncanjenkinsFC · 2 Jun 2012
i am loving the #england players looking like such great #mates. as the famous #gunge band #nirvana once sang, it "smells like team spirit"

And this great Lee Dixon video

FootballFan

--Neymar---Suarez---Messi
--Ramsey--Iniesta--Rakitic--
------------Octopus----------------
---Alba-----Masch----Alves---

yes wenger

wedward

Sean O'Sullivan @OSullivanMUFC · Aug 20
I nominate Marouane Fellaini, Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia, Tom Cleverley & Anderson for the Fuck Off To QPR Challenge. You have 24 hours.

Moving Ramsey out of his best position for Ozil though

No. I have Ramsey in his best position.

Unless this is banter and I don't get it.

pulga

Banned
@tancredipalmeri: Si he salido con esa noticia,es porquè tengo fuente excelente
Si fallo,lo voy a pagar y pediré disculpa por primero
Pero que asco la envidia

"If I've come out with the news it's because I've an excellent source. If I'm wrong, I'll pay for it and ask for forgiveness. But the envy is disgusting"

Rumbo? :/

Meier

Falcao to City is just paper talk and/or agents trying to drum up interest. No chance it happens. City are done adding players this window (sadly). If well Negredo, we could afford Falcao even without additional sales, but it's a non-starter.

Danchi

I just hope he leaves France. He seemed so bored there... Thiago Silva has regressed since he moved from Milan too. Zlatan is better than ever so it's not all bad, I guess.

Top Bottom