• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Blaburn go away.

He just called Good Will Hunting the worst movie of all time in the recently seen movie thread.

:|

I just cant fathom anyone ever really believing this

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
As silly as the away goals rule is theoretically, in practice it is vital in cutting down on the natural inclination towards shitty negative tactics. That's the whole reason it was introduced in the first place.

Managers love losing on penalties (as opposed to regular play), it absolves them of all responsibility and places it on the shoulders of the players.

They will play for draws even more, with no advantage in a goal scored away from home, why try to achieve one in a away first leg. Take the 0-0, then you get home advantage for the second leg, plus any extra time, plus a penalty shootout.

Take a 1-0 (1-0) lead in your home second leg and you can "shut up shop" safe in the knowledge that even if the opposition score you will get extra time.

It will totally remove the element of jeopardy and knife-edge scorelines, that so adds so much to the excitement of knockout European football.

Carbonox

Blaburn go away.

He just called Good Will Hunting the worst movie of all time in the recently seen movie thread.

Blaburn's taste in everything is backwards. As if he was born feet first.

Got a job today!!

It's working for the HMRC so may not be around very much anymore :p

Congratulations. It's for HMRC though so you're not really welcome here anymore unless you fix the system so FootyGAF no longer pays tax pls.

Clegg

Remember that podcast, 'Second Captains', that I recommended yesterday? Well one of its hosts has just sat behind me right now on the bus.

How odd.

Meier

Yeah, that's bullshit. Now Dead Poets Society, that's a legitimately bad movie.

wait_what.jpg

I can't even.

Salvadora

Wonder what they talk about in these elite manager meetings.

Think Wenger said he was talking to Conte about 3-5-2 in one not too long ago.

The movie I find awful that is loved by people is Forest Gump

couldn't even finish watching it multiple times I have tried.

It's just an awful awful movie.

Manager

Rumours of free agent Jonas Gonçalves Oliveira ("Jonas"), previously Valencia, going to Manchester City now that Negredo is gone. Previously talk of Newcastle, QPR, Sunderland and Galatasaray a few days ago. 30 y/o, scored 10+ goals in the last three seasons in La Liga. Was previously Soldado's partner.

Whoever gets him will get a good player for free, doesn't seem to have gotten Spanish second nationality though so I'm not sure how they'll get work permit if he comes to England.

Apparently he's now getting an Italian passport so he's free to move to England then. Apparently West Ham interested too plus the clubs mentioned above. A lot of talk about Benfica though.

Go_Ly_Dow

Wait Wilbur works at Nandos?

Tell me how difficult it would be to steal a bottle of the peppercorn Peri Peri? You guys dont sell that flavour and it makes me sad.

Plan to do it next time I go in there with a large group of people.

Wilbur

Banned

Tell me how difficult it would be to steal a bottle of the peppercorn Peri Peri? You guys dont sell that flavour and it makes me sad.

Wha? Peppercorn

Pennywise

Maybe Wilbs can smuggle the goods.

Courage

Real talk, Nandos sucks. I haven't eaten it for 3-4 years so idk if there was some kind of overhaul but their portions are way too small (I'm American) and the chicken didn't taste good without their sauce (which is actually pretty good). The wedges were the only saving grace.

Meier

Real talk, Nandos sucks. I haven't eaten it for 3-4 years so idk if there was some kind of overhaul but their portions are way too small (I'm American) and the chicken didn't taste good without their sauce (which is actually pretty good). The wedges were the only saving grace.

You're fucking nuts. It's heavenly. And we as Americans should eat less. I didn't mind the size though personally.

Got me some periperi sauce from the store the other day actually. I have to go to DC for work again in January and will absolutely be going to Nando's again.

Just heard brazilian league dropped in FIFA 15.

Don't worry though, they have added the fucking Solomon Islands League....boasting 11 years of football history.

National teams? Pakistan are in it, also fear not!

The isle of man national team is in it...... Not even a fucking nation?

Lol FIFA pls....

Abraxas

You're fucking nuts. It's heavenly. And we as Americans should eat less. I didn't mind the size though personally.

Got me some periperi sauce from the store the other day actually. I have to go to DC for work again in January and will absolutely be going to Nando's again.

There's a Nando's in Bethesda, and nothing about it looks appetizing. Chicken in sauce? Dull. Especially as DC is the best place on the East coast for food.
_____

@Salva Congrats, but don't leave for ever bb.
______

@bla pls stop changing your avatar, I always get excited thinking we have new members.

wat

If you want some big portions with your meal get some middle eastern food.

Mandi Chicken (or lamb) is godlike when done well.

Top Bottom