• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

I'm sort of okay with Falcao not being pursued by Chelsea since it means Costa isn't all that badly hurt. Still need another striker. Icardi pls we need the ultimate cunt triumvirate with JT, DC, and MI.

Only beef I have with the Bundesliga is that it's damn hard to watch games legally in Canada. There's two channels that are premium price that show 1-2 games a week.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Portuguese newspapers still talking about Campbell for what it's worth (which isn't much lol)

Bold One

Mertesacker hasn't done too badly.

Mertesacker!

Mert. Dzeko. Schurrle. Demichelis have all shown they're quality players and belong in the PL.

978I7y7.gif

EmiPrime

Only beef I have with the Bundesliga is that it's damn hard to watch games legally in Canada. There's two channels that are premium price that show 1-2 games a week.

Does the legality really matter? :p

I'd love to go to a game at Köln, Hamburg (St Pauli) or Dortmund one day. German football is great.

Except Bayern.

When England was still able to consistently attract the best players from Germany, you had Owen Hargreaves and Michael Ballack starting in the UCL Final for their respective clubs.

BuLi's caught on since, and it's gotten a lot more difficult to pry the very best away from Germany.

Out of Real/Barca alone, you have Rakitic, Ter Stegen, Khedira, Kroos, and Carvajal who cut their teeth in the Bundesliga before moving to a big time club.

Lightning

Banned
When England was still able to consistently attract the best players from Germany, you had Owen Hargreaves and Michael Ballack starting in the UCL Final for their respective clubs.

BuLi's caught on since, and it's gotten a lot more difficult to pry the very best away from Germany.

Out of Real/Barca alone, you have Rakitic, Ter Stegen, Khedira, Kroos, and Carvajal who cut their teeth in the Bundesliga before moving to a big time club.
Özil as well went to Madrid from Bundesliga.

LAM09

That's putting it mildly, lol. He's the biggest bundesface here. A traitor to his latin blood.

LOL!

Not sure why so many people have stopped watching it. It ain't what it used to be, but it is still an exciting league IMO, par Juve dominating at the top.

omgkitty

Man, Rakitic is so good. Would have loved to see him at Arsenal though we don't need him. You just know he'll play at Barca for 2 or 3 years and be great, and will just get sold for someone younger who can sell jerseys.

Zabojnik

I remember when Bayern and Real were shit. The water tasted so good. The air smelled of strawberries. The world was a better place.

Linius

He still misses an EPL title. You know buying Ibra would solve all Louis his problems. That's a guaranteed title for United.

Turok_TTZ

Thank you Jose Felix Diaz for confirming what is already nothing new anyways.

I am okay with Negredo. I would have liked falcao as we could always have a use for the best 9 in the world on the bench when cr7 isnt cutting it but Negredo won't ask for minutes. Ideal backup plus homegrown spanish.

Falcao to Scrubentus? If he goes there, I don't think I can call Juventus that name anymore... Morata made a huge mistake. :lol:

You guys simply do not understand Carlo. Benzema is not questioned by Carlo. Carlo BO-LIEVES in the Benz. Carlo understands Benzema's world class quality. Why is it you muppets don't understand? Someday, you will see what I see.

All you gotta do... is BO-LIEVE!

edit: I wouldn't rule out falcao but his odds are stacked very firmly against him.

Zabojnik

Falcao to Scrubentus? If he goes there, I don't think I can call Juventus that name anymore... Morata made a huge mistake. :lol:

The only proper reply to this is the good old italian ma ridi su sta cippa.

Christ, clicking on that "How not to react when your child tells you he's gay" thread wasn't the best idea this early in the morning. Day is off to an absolutely shameful start.

Top Bottom