• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Is it Shinji day yet

People already waiteded for Shinji in front of Dortmund's hospital yesterday :lol

It's ridiculous and I don't really like that we're re-signing everyone who went for a bigger club and failed. Makes a strange mentality at the club, "Yeah, I might as well try my luck at Real/Barca/etc., if I fail I can come back here any time.".

But fuck it, I'm really happy as well lol. We only need Barrios (lol) and we have the old gang back together.

Weidenfeller
Piszczek-Subotic-Hummels-Schmelzer
Bender-Sahin
Kuba-Kagawa-Großkreutz
Immobile

Let's party like it's 2010.

milch im playing as bortmund in fifa, whats a jojic

Very versatile young talent we signed in January, I think he can play every position in midfield. Did very well at the end of last season and even got Aubameyang benched. He was rather disappointing against Leverkusen, though, just like the rest of the team to be fair.

Kagawa is going to be great at Dortmund again. A team who know how to use him and play at his pace.

Great addition for them and will be at a reasonable price. He's still young too.

Echte liebe.

Linius

Looks like we're stealing Timothy Fosu Mensah from Ajax. Sorry bros.

I already posted the way of his career for you guys. He'll be in the acadamy for a few seasons. Then he goes on loan to a shitty EPL club to get some game time. Returns in the summer to go on loan again to a foreign club. Maybe Serie A or Ligue 1. Comes back in the summer. Gets sold to a semi top club in the Eredivisie like Twente at the age of 21/22.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Clev and Kagawa are both leaving. So, someone big must be coming then, right?

unless LVG thinks having two less midfielders is the solution? What do I know, he's the genius after all

Why do United fans hate Cleverley again?

scapegoat

Kinda like Mario Gomez and Demichelis with Bayern.

Damn, I just remembered that Dong-Won Ji took Shinji's #23.

Fake Shinji pls

I still remember being baffled he went to some random Chinese club... money talks, I guess.

To be fair to him, it was a shit situation for him as well. He had good offers from Valencia (?) in 2011 but we decided not to sell him. Then, Barrios got injured at the Copa America, Lewa started off and Barrios didn't play and score as much. And suddenly, he had no good offers anymore because of one mediocre year, and that due to an injury. China was a shit decision, though.

I TAKE IT BACK YURT

Sporting Lisbon are ready to business with Carvalho if a fee of £24m can be agreed, while a similar fee would persuade Juventus to sell Vidal.

The Italian champions are attempting to fend off competition from Valencia for United forward Javier Hernandez and the Mexican could yet be used as part of a deal to secure Vidal, should United's issues over the Chile midfielder's knee be resolved.

£24 million!! YOU FOOLS!!

fuenf

Is it Shinji day yet

People already waiteded for Shinji in front of Dortmund's hospital yesterday :lol

It's ridiculous and I don't really like that we're re-signing everyone who went for a bigger club and failed. Makes a strange mentality at the club, "Yeah, I might as well try my luck at Real/Barca/etc., if I fail I can come back here any time.".

But fuck it, I'm really happy as well lol. We only need Barrios (lol) and we have the old gang back together.

Weidenfeller
Piszczek-Subotic-Hummels-Schmelzer
Bender-Sahin
Kuba-Kagawa-Großkreutz
Immobile

Let's party like it's 2010.

Very versatile young talent we signed in January, I think he can play every position in midfield. Did very well at the end of last season and even got Aubameyang benched. He was rather disappointing against Leverkusen, though, just like the rest of the team to be fair.

Yeah I don't understand it. Even I am excited about the prospect of seeing him in Dortmund again.

Why do United fans hate Cleverley again?
I'm not sure really.

Whatever happens I hope he finds happiness.

At the end of the day he is one of our own. It's not his fault he had to play as often as he did. He did and said some things he shouldn't have but really the fans could have given him some better support. It's never nice to have fans against you but must especially unpleasant when it's the people who support the same club you do and who youve grown up around.

Let it fly I say, let it fly.

I already posted the way of his career for you guys. He'll be in the acadamy for a few seasons. Then he goes on loan to a shitty EPL club to get some game time. Returns in the summer to go on loan again to a foreign club. Maybe Serie A or Ligue 1. Comes back in the summer. Gets sold to a semi top club in the Eredivisie like Twente at the age of 21/22.

But we want him to stay here and become the new Vidic

:(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not sure really.

Whatever happens I hope he finds happiness.

At the end of the day he is on of our own. It's not his fault he had to play as often as he did. He did and said some things he shouldn't have but really the fans could have given him some better support. It's never nice to have fans against you but must especially unpleasant when it's the people who support the same club you do and who youve grown up around.

Let it fly I say, let it fly.

at least you guys are hating on him in private (or at least as private as social networks can get)

our fans were booing Giovinco in Turin, in his own stadium, his home, his shelter. JUVINCO! Our academy legend!

Sebastian-Giovinco2.jpg

:( there's no class in football, only greed.

El Topo

scapegoat

Kinda like Mario Gomez and Demichelis with Bayern.

I'm pretty sure both are still very liked among the Bayern fanbase, beloved compared to Cleverley it seems. The hatred against Cleverley is just weird, even if he's not up to the club's standards.

k2y91

It's the Bruma-Rekik-Castaignos-Ebicilio way
And eventually Promes lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
what makes you guys think Valencia's bid is even genuine? I mean, if this window proved anything, it's that no one in England knows anything.

I'm pretty sure both are still very liked among the Bayern fanbase, beloved compared to Cleverley it seems. The hatred against Cleverley is just weird, even if he's not up to the club's standards.

It's very easy to like them now after you sold them innit. They were both unfairly scapegoated for your final failures

what makes you guys think Valencia's bid is even genuine? I mean, if this window proved anything, it's that no one in England knows anything.

It's very easy to like them now after you sold them innit. They were both unfairly scapegoated for your final failures

Sort of true, it's only the English press propagating the Valencia bid, nothing in the Spanish press.

DBT85

I don't hate Clev, but he was put into a position he wasn't ready for last year and it showed. Just add him to the list of other potential kids that never made it big at United. He still did better than most.

Think of Pogba :-(

Walshy

QPR are close to signing Alex McCarthy from Reading for £3m.

The Times are saying he rejected Liverpool, Spurs and Juventus.

Think that last bit is bullshit.

Linius

It's the Bruma-Rekik-Castaignos-Ebicilio way
And eventually Promes lol

And they just keep repeating history hoping to be that one player.

RvP is probably the most recent example of a young player who actually made a great career at big clubs. Players should learn to have patience and develop in the Eredivisie till they are like 23/24 or even older. Not only do they help their own career but they also help lifting the Eredivisie back to a higher level. If Eredivisie top clubs can keep on to their players longer we will be much more competitive in Europe.

El Topo

I always liked Gomez, even when he fucked up, but you're right that he got too much shit. Demichelis? I don't think he was ever hated.

k2y91

And they just keep repeating history hoping to be that one player.

RvP is probably the most recent example of a young player who actually made a great career at big clubs. Players should learn to have patience and develop in the Eredivisie till they are like 23/24 or even older. Not only do they help their own career but they also help lifting the Eredivisie back to a higher level. If Eredivisie top clubs can keep on to their players longer we will be much more competitive in Europe.

Robben as well. He left PSV when he was 19(?) and he was a regular for Chelsea. When young players leave they should leave for a club with guaranteed play time. Look at van Ginkel (Yes he was injured for a long time) I doubt he will start more than 7 games as a starter in the PL.

How many of these 16-17y olds have made it when they changed academies? Barely none at all I think

I think Depay and Wijnaldum will leave next year, but they shouldn't go to teams like PSG which was reported for Wijnaldum. I think a club like Spurs would fit Depay before they move to a bigger club.

at least you guys are hating on him in private (or at least as private as social networks can get)

our fans were booing Giovinco in Turin, in his own stadium, his home, his shelter. JUVINCO! Our academy legend!

Sebastian-Giovinco2.jpg

:( there's no class in football, only greed.

I have never understood the hatred for him. He gives it all and loves the club.

3Sixty

QPR are close to signing Alex McCarthy from Reading for £3m.

The Times are saying he rejected Liverpool, Spurs and Juventus.

Think that last bit is bullshit.

I do know for 100% fact he has already turned down bigger clubs because they have long established number 1s.

Walshy

I do know for 100% fact he has already turned down bigger clubs because they have long established number 1s.
I mean, I don't doubt that Liverpool was in for him or big clubs came in for him.

But why would Spurs be interested when they have Lloris, Vorm and Friedel?

I mean, I don't doubt that Liverpool was in for him or big clubs came in for him.

Didn't Vorm only just come in this transfer window? Could have been that they got Vorm instead of him. Also Friedel is like 70 years old.

Mastadon

Banned

Probably enquired before they signed Vorm I guess. Shame really, he'd be a very good backup to Mignolet.

dc89

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
.@QPRFC midfielder Alejandro Faurlin suffers third cruciate injury in as many seasons

Yikes :( You wouldn't wish that on anymore. Terrible.

Some of those Champions league fixtures look tasty. Poor City once again getting the hardest group. Gonna be tough for them to get past Bayern and Roma.

Top Bottom