• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

dc89

Admittedly I don't watch City much so I was genuinely curious.

Edit: didn't Aguero just get injured in training?

You're thinking of Diego Costa. Agüero is fit as far as I know.

Kolarov floored Aguero in training yesterday. Aguero was down for a few minutes but he got up and carried on. Stuart Brennan of the Manchester Evening News said he has been told it's not caused an injury and he's fit.

GorillaJu

I didn't hear the news that Jack Robinson is going to QPR on a permanent transfer. Makes sense given that Moreno is young enough and Brad Smith is a better prospect.

Clegg

M8 if we sell Cleverley then I'll be satisfied. Partially.
Tbh in more concerned about getting players in. Squad is still woefully lacking in midfield. Think we can forget about defenders for the time being. Strengthen midfield and we have a much bette chance of actually achieving something this season. I know LvG said there'd be incomings, but there's not a lot of time left to actually bring players in.

DBT85

The next few days I will be drenched in delicious transfer rumours and eventual disappointment at our lack of activity. I can't wait.

I know that feel. The papers this morning have said a) Shaw was told he was fat at the world cup, b) Ra's has told the team that he'll have a new lineup by end of Monday, c) Clevgod is going, d) Welbz is going, e) we're signing a prospect from Ajax (how old this time?).

I do hope they buy another starter at least. I fear we won't.

Facism

got to take the cat to the vet in 20 minutes. Should have got a later appointment -_-'

fucking gagging for a shit, too.

Cleverley is no worse than Kagawa

iAANcGbfEdC2N.gif

Gambit

despite having my reservations about the transfer (mainly based on selling Kroos), with yesterday's CL draw I am happy to have Xabi in Munich. Yaya Toure would only laugh at Gaudino and Alaba running towards him.

So reluctantly I welcome our new Spanish overlords.

So, we talked to his agent for two hours and a half?

honestly, selling Vidal for Falcao is actually a GOOD move. We can live without Vidal (and easily), but can you imagine how good we're going to be with that Colombian beast up front with Tevez behind him?

what? Who's Llorente?

Yes Vidal. In my veins.

Mastadon

Banned
If you judge our team selection by yesterday's training bibs, Sakho is starting ahead of Skrtel. Mario will be on the bench.

I'm wary of changing our back line too often like we did last year, but I think Lovren and Sakho should be our starting CB's going forward. Do you know if Coutinho was playing in the starting team?

Blablurn

despite having my reservations about the transfer (mainly based on selling Kroos), with yesterday's CL draw I am happy to have Xabi in Munich. Yaya Toure would only laugh at Gaudino and Alaba running towards him.

One of us!

LTWheels

I'm wary of changing our back line too often like we did last year, but I think Lovren and Sakho should be our starting CB's going forward. Do you know if Coutinho was playing in the starting team?

That's all I know. It could just be a case that Skrtel wasn't at training as he was having a scan. We will see with Brendan's pre-match conf, and training the day before for a more complete idea.

I want to see Markovic start over Coutinho. If we are going to start with 1 up front I think it's important to have pace going in behind the defence. It's too easy to mark out Sturridge if he is on his own and we are playing in front of their defence.

fuenf

Yep, especially with City being our first game.

Mastadon

Banned
That's all I know. It could just be a case that Skrtel wasn't at training as he was having a scan. We will see with Brendan's pre-match conf, and training the day before for a more complete idea.

I want to see Markovic start over Coutinho. If we are going to start with 1 up front I think it's important to have pace going in behind the defence. It's too easy to mark out Sturridge if he is on his own and we are playing in front of their defence.

Absolutely agree. MoPo knows how to frustrate us, and has better tools to do it with this time round. Markovic is dynamic and will give us a bit more flair going forward. You can easily see Coutinho not being given time and being a bit anonymous in this game.

Top Bottom