• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Abraxas

I can't find a source, but amazing if its real:

Q. I'll put one name to you: Adrien Rabiot.
A. Wenger: "I'll put one answer. I'm not telling you."

cheeky-smile.jpg

Lightning

Banned
I mean, I don't doubt that Liverpool was in for him or big clubs came in for him.

But why would Spurs be interested when they have Lloris, Vorm and Friedel?
Thing about those links is time frame. When were Spurs in for him is the question? Arsenal also were in for him and got turned down for the same reason.

You're probably find Spurs were in for him before Vorm was a Spurs player.

What is the point of linking Falcao with Arsenal. Wenger has spend 20 million euros a handful of times. He is never gonna spend that much on a player for one season.

Also why to Monaco even want to loan him out for one year. Makes no sense when they are in the CL.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What is the point of linking Falcao with Arsenal. Wenger has spend 20 million euros a handful of times. He is never gonna spend that much on a player for one season.

Also why to Monaco even want to loan him out for one year. Makes no sense when they are in the CL.

no no no

when you're linked to Falcao, you don't THINK, you MUPPET!

RUMBO

Walshy

Thing about those links is time frame. When were Spurs in for him is the question? Arsenal also were in for him and got turned down for the same reason.

You're probably find Spurs were in for him before Vorm was a Spurs player.

Probably enquired before they signed Vorm I guess. Shame really, he'd be a very good backup to Mignolet.

Didn't Vorm only just come in this transfer window? Could have been that they got Vorm instead of him. Also Friedel is like 70 years old.
It's was mentioned in the Times article that they all made a late move for him after the QPR bid was accepted two days ago.

So I'm guessing the bid was in the last 48 hours? Don't know how reliable Gary Jacob is either.

Linius

Robben as well. He left PSV when he was 19(?) and he was a regular for Chelsea. When young players leave they should leave for a club with guaranteed play time. Look at van Ginkel (Yes he was injured for a long time) I doubt he will start more than 7 games as a starter in the PL.

How many of these 16-17y olds have made it when they changed academies? Barely none at all I think

I think Depay and Wijnaldum will leave next year, but they shouldn't go to teams like PSG which was reported for Wijnaldum. I think a club like Spurs would fit Depay before they move to a bigger club.

Depay might even be one of those exceptional talents who can make it. But he should pick a club that is not packed with attackers of his kind already.

And for example, Van der Wiel managed to secure a spot at PSG. So it's not impossible to make a move to a much bigger club. But just at the right age. Van der Wiel was already 24 when he made the step.

Salvadora

Michael Gooner ‏@MickTheGooner
Wenger on Falcao: "It's very difficult. All negotiations have to be discussed secretly. If something happens, you'll of course be informed."

:eek:

L1NETT

At the end of the day he is one of our own. It's not his fault he had to play as often as he did. He did and said some things he shouldn't have but really the fans could have given him some better support. It's never nice to have fans against you but must especially unpleasant when it's the people who support the same club you do and who youve grown up around.

Let it fly I say, let it fly.

U wot m8

Grew up a city fan

Salvadora

Do you think we're definitely interested in him?
I think it's all just paper talk really, with owner's changed financial circumstances.

Would love it to happen, despite the £20m fee, because of how weak we are there now but I'm very apprehensive.

Think we'll get Rabiot for sure (and possibly a CB) and that's it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Still too tepid for my liking, not enough serious links, all very well players leaving but id like to have some idea of who we are legitimately after. No time for stalling now we need players in and sharpish./

Good article on United

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/29/manchester-united-sell-fringe-players-welbeck-kagawa-anderson?CMP=twt_gu

Manchester United are in a frantic final push to recoup as much money as possible before the transfer window closes following Ángel di María’s £59.7m arrival by offloading a string of high-earning fringe players, with this driving the decision to allow Danny Welbeck, who would cost up to £20m and earns at least £80,000-a-week, to depart.

As the striker has two years remaining on those terms, his sale would claw back a total of £28.3m, nearly half of Di María’s cost. United’s determination to add fresh acquisitions before 1 September is also behind the club’s intention to sell. Targets considered by Louis van Gaal include Sporting Lisbon’s William Carvalho, who would cost £24m, Juventus’s Arturo Vidal, worth at least £30m, Milan’s Nigel de Jong, valued at £10m, and Ajax’s Daley Blind, who would be at least £18m.

United’s status as one of the world’s best paying clubs has caused them difficulty all summer to unload players, with the Guardian having learned that salaries are far higher that previously thought.

This was illustrated by the loan-deal that took Nani, who earns £115,000-a-week, to Sporting Lisbon as part of the £16m transfer of Marcos Rojo from the Portuguese club. United agreed to pay the winger’s salary while there, which equates to around £4.14m for the season.

Javier Hernández, the subject of a bidding war between Valencia and Juventus, has two years remaining on a basic salary of up to £88,000, a total of £9.15m.

Anderson, now back at United following last season’s loan at Fiorentina, earns £80,000 a-week, which is £4.16m until his deal ends next summer. Shinji Kagawa, who is interesting his former club Borussia Dortmund, is paid £70,000 a-week as is Marouane Fellaini, though the latter’s ankle injury means United will not be able to sell him this window. As both players have two seasons left on their terms, the club is due to pay them £7.2m each.

Tom Cleverley, a target for Aston Villa, is one of United’s lowest earners, drawing a basic of only £30,000, though his deal is heavily incentivised so can be markedly higher. As Cleverley’s contract expires in May, any terms Villa offer would have to be attractive or he could choose to wait and leave then as a free agent.

If United were to sell Welbeck, Young, Hernández, Anderson, Kagawa and Cleverley before the end of the transfer window, they would recoup a total of £463,000-a-week. With the potential departures of Nani and Fellaini in the future, this figure could reach a staggering £646,000-a-week that the club would save.

£30 million!!?? YOU FOOLS!!

Salvadora

Nani earns £110,000 p/w? Holy shit.

No wonder they're having trouble shifting dross when they earn that sort of money.

That is 1.1 of a Walcott.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Nani earns £110,000 p/w? Holy shit.

No wonder they're having trouble shifting dross when they earn that sort of money.

That is 1.1 of a Walcott.

I think going forward this will change, club must be learning its lesson that paying squad olayers these wages is not good business practice, trying to sell them is difficult and they offer nothing. I hope in the future we are more careful.

Do United now have to sell to buy? Cutting it a bit close if thats the case.

I don't think they have to, but there is no point having such high earners sitting around doing nothing. United really should drop the transfer fees. Sometimes just getting the wages of the books is the best thing.

Hixx

@lynseyhooper 11m
Things to summarise from this mornings #QPR presser with Harry Redknapp: 1) Eduardo Vargas has gone missing. Harry hasn't heard from him

Hahahahahahaha

This is what happens when you turn down Sunderland for a tin pot joker club, Vargas. The bright lights of London are only there for drinking and fucking after your footballing obligations to Droopy and the No-ones. Not so appealing now? Or too appealing? lol Harry.

Absolute pearls from Ray Wilkins:

Ray Wilkins has questioned the figure United paid for Di María, and feels the money may have been better spent elsewhere. “They are putting the roof on before the foundations of the house,” Wilkins told TalkSport. “I think they spent the £60m unwisely on Di Maria. Why don’t they go and pay £35m for Hummels first? We know Dortmund, as good a side as they are, are a selling club. Take him out of Dortmund and put him in alongside Phil Jones. Then go and get Khedira for £25m. There’s your £60m and you already look more solid.”

Thanks for that Ray. Can't believe we didn't just do that instead.

Top Bottom