• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Jarnet87

Cleverley's level is Wigan. Why would any half decent team want him?

Tom Cleverly is a unique force, an enigma, a mystery. Managers see him play and he is absolutely dire yet they continue to pick him time after time. You cannot explain Tom Cleverly, at least not in this universe.

Barzul

What is the point of linking Falcao with Arsenal. Wenger has spend 20 million euros a handful of times. He is never gonna spend that much on a player for one season.

Also why to Monaco even want to loan him out for one year. Makes no sense when they are in the CL.

It's the whole package, loan + wages for 20m euros. It's not that absurd.

Torino back in Europe proper for the first time in 20 years. Their last game in Europe was my first ever football game. Arsenal beat them 1-0 at Highbury the year we won the Cup Winners Cup.

I am glad they broke my curse.

It's the whole package, loan + wages for 20m euros. It's not that absurd.

You sure it is plus wages? But anyways that is still absurd. 20 million for one year is just crazy.

sohois

I bet it can play Xenoblade 3DS though
FcxTZpk.png

But a new laptop could probably just run Dolphin anyway.

Barzul

I believe we'll end up with Falcao if RM don't want him. We're the club in Europe who needs him the most. Plus we have a couple of his former and present teammates in the squad.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Forgot we had another press conference today, hope someone asks if Di Maria will play :3

Zabojnik

Torino back in Europe proper for the first time in 20 years. Their last game in Europe was my first ever football game. Arsenal beat them 1-0 at Highbury the year we won the Cup Winners Cup.

Too bad both Immobile and Cerci (soon) had to leave. They actually had a pretty decent squad, for once.

TeegsD

What are the chances that Vlaar and Lukaku will play this week? I know Lukaku may be a little more iffy but didn't know Vlaar had a knock until today and I'm getting mixed results on the web. Not sure which site to trust.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Fuck the Europa League. Tripoli, Istanbul, and Belgrade.

What a shitty set of away games.

Eh, as long as we make 8-9 changes it shouldn't matter. Even Lloris won't have to play these games now that we have Vorm.

There are no trips to the North Pole in this group so there is absolutely no excuse for this to affect our league performances. Our second XI should top this group with ease.

dc89

Pellegrini has said Negredo is the only member of the squad who is injured. Aguero is fine.
Mangala though - "is not ready" to be in the squad yet.

Linius

Ugh, the only way I can afford a new 3DS is by selling my current one. But I have to system transfer first so I can't even sell it up forehand. Nintendo keeps forcing my hand.

Pellegrini has said Negredo is the only member of the squad who is injured. Aguero is fine.
Mangala though - "is not ready" to be in the squad yet.

Please tell me Jovetic will start. I subbed Dzeko out for him straight away Monday, which was worth it because his price jumped .2 million since.

Pennywise

Yeah I know, I Was just thinking about it, because the knock on him at United was that he could only play the ten. I hope that it'll all work out and that we get to see the old Kagawa again (unless he plays against Bayern of course)

Since we've got enough wing players I highly doubt it as well, but yeah they're going to switch positions within the game.

And when Gündogan is back, these two will be another pair that can constantly switch positions in the game.
Damn, Gündogan is gonna be so happy.

dc89

Please tell me Jovetic will start. I subbed Dzeko out for him straight away Monday, which was worth it because his price jumped .2 million since.

I'm gonna keep Jojo in. Pellegrini has got a real dilema on his hands now! He stands by 4-4-2 and he has 3 in form strikers. How can he drop Jojo after his performance on Monday? Saying that, Aguero is the main man who has scored twice after coming off the bench. Dzeko - although he hasn't scored has played well for the team and is a big part of Pellegrini's system at City. One of the first things he did when appointed was call Dzeko and convince him to stay.

If any of them are droppable... I would have to say it's Jojo. But I think he'll start. :lol

jesalr

Eh, as long as we make 8-9 changes it shouldn't matter. Even Lloris won't have to play these games now that we have Vorm.

There are no trips to the North Pole in this group so there is absolutely no excuse for this to affect our league performances. Our second XI should top this group with ease.

I was thinking more for myself to be honest. Wanted to do some western Europe football watching.

Yen

Ugh, the only way I can afford a new 3DS is by selling my current one. But I have to system transfer first so I can't even sell it up forehand. Nintendo keeps forcing my hand.
Those of us reckless enough to buy one on launch can't sell our 3DS', we'd lose our Ambassador games.

Zabojnik

Juve - Malmo will be another Copenhagen - Juve, I can already feel it. We'll be without Pirlo, Barzagli and, say, Morata, with just one Serie A match under our belt, they'll be at their best, having already played 23 league games + the CL qualifiers. If there's one pot 1/2 club that can fuck it up, it's us.

ALLEGRI SAVE US

DIE DIE DIE!

I'm gonna keep Jojo in. Pellegrini has got a real dilema on his hands now! He stands by 4-4-2 and he has 3 in form strikers. How can he drop Jojo after his performance on Monday? Saying that, Aguero is the main man who has scored twice after coming off the bench. Dzeko - although he hasn't scored has played well for the team and is a big part of Pellegrini's system at City. One of the first things he did when appointed was call Dzeko and convince him to stay.

If any of them are droppable... I would have to say it's Jojo. But I think he'll start. :lol

I had been assuming that Dzeko was injured after the liverpool game. I hope Jovetic starts.

Linius

Those of us reckless enough to buy one on launch can't sell our 3DS', we'd lose our Ambassador games.

Lol, hands tied.

And shaking my head at people comparing this 3DS upgrade to tech companies upgrading their tablets and phones every year. That's not even remotely comparable, two different worlds.

"I met with David Gill [United's chief executive] last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad," Rooney said in his statement in October 2010 "I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract.

"During meetings in August [2010] I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

"I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

"For me it's all about winning trophies – as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified."

Seems reasonably prescient in hindsight.

dc89

"I met with David Gill [United's chief executive] last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad," Rooney said in his statement in October 2010 "I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract.

"During meetings in August [2010] I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

"I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

"For me it's all about winning trophies – as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified."

Seems reasonably prescient in hindsight.

Rooney foretold this. That's scary.

K1LLER7

Don't understand how Rojo could have issues and other foreign players don't though? I'm calling BS on that one, it has to be something specific with Rojo and his third party contract.
LVG said it was because:

Rojo has an Argentinian passport.

Whereas Di Maria has an Italian one. Therefore he had no issues.

Top Bottom