• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

ZCQFTkd.png

I hate Nintendo.

Why are adults buying these?

Hixx

Diakite has terminated his contract! YES
Roberge is going to Reims! YES
Alvarez is pretty much done! YES
Alderweireld: no-one has refuted this loan deal! YES

What a time to be alive

Martins you think Carvalho would work in the PL?

No, never, he is shit. Leave him alone.

Yeah, he would. He is physically imposing and while it seems like he is slow, he´s almost always in the right position to recover the ball so doesn´t have to run that much. His passing isn´t as terrible as most people say, he makes quite a few good long distances passes. He really brings a sense of security to the midfield that allows the other CMs to think more offensively.

It looks great. Will be awesome to play them with my nephews.

Plus we are currently hanging out in a football thread on a gaming forum. I hope you see the irony in your comment.

Not really.

I get it if you're getting them to play with children, but I don't understand adults buying them for themselves. They're welcome to though, I really don't give a shit.

scently

This summer is so weird. We're crying out for more transfers just like last year, but there's less edge this time since we've already signed four players inc. one worldie.

Actually, I think there is more edge to it this time, despite what we have done in the market so far. Our midfield is still so bad with just Herrera and maybe Carrick the two decent midfielders we have, and they are both out injured, with Carrick's case being a long term injury. The jury is still out on him seeing as he is getting on in age and also had a terrible season last time out.

The defence is also faulty. Smalling is only ever going to be a squad player, Jones and Evans are injury prone and both have exhibited moments of poor judgement. Rafael is injured still and like most, he is also coming off a terrible season. Valencia can't do a decent job at RB or as a WB. Luke Shaw is fat and injured while Rojo is still having issues with work permit. All this and we still don't have a natural leader at the back with experience.

I deliberately left out those that are likely to leave (Cleverly, Kagawa, Chicha,etc) as their presence will not make any difference. This also take into account those that have left (Vidic, Rio, Evra, Buttner, Giggs) and ofcourse those who might staying but won't change anything one way or the other (Anderson, Fletcher, Welbeck).

So yeah, we still need at least 2 signing; a midfielder, and a defender, preferably both should be of very good quality, while optimally we need 4, 2 in each aforementioned position.

The good news though is that the players we have bought so far are players we need and not short term or unnecessary signings. But, yeah, we still have a ways to go.

TeegsD

10276985_10152255213031555_3236429109699397514_n.png

Nani has reached Super Saiyan status in our Champions League kit presentation (or he is farting some really toxic gas).

God, I cannot get over how great that kit looks. Really wanted to get a new home kit this year since mine is back from the god awful Reebok/PT days but got damn.

inky

New 3DS huh... I hate these halfway-step consoles Nintendo loves to release. The "2nd stick" looks pretty terrible, but I guess it beats the fucking huge add-on for the regular 3DS.

Mastadon

Banned

@BenSmithBBC Brendan Rodgers is 20 minutes late for his weekly press conference. Must be on phone to the agent of Marco Reus ...

Trollolol

Eugh, 2 weeks of looking after my brother's cunt cat who doesn't get on with my cat, and takes a swipe at you if you get too close to him. He's fucking huge and built like Cristiano Ronaldo as well

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Latest info from #MUFC - and always reluctant to post these - is that there will be nothing happening with them and Vidal/Carvalho
2:22 PM - 29 Aug 2014

Balls

Balls Balls Balls

Then who?

Yen

Looks like Johnson, Skrtel and Moreno are all doubts. Moreno might make the game but I doubt the other two will.

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 5m
Rodgers: "Moreno twisted his ankle and has been recovering well. Sun could be difficult for Johnson, as for Skrtel we'll see over next 48hrs

Jarnet87

No, never, he is shit. Leave him alone.

Yeah, he would. He is physically imposing and while it seems like he is slow, he´s almost always in the right position to recover the ball so doesn´t have to run that much. His passing isn´t as terrible as most people say, he makes quite a few good long distances passes. He really brings a sense of security to the midfield that allows the other CMs to think more offensively.

He is what United need, which is why it can't happen.

For the hope:

Rob Dawson ‏@RobDawsonMEN 3m

Man United still knocking down links with Vidal and Carvalho. Still three days to go though...... #MUFC

Yes I know MEN suck.

The paper maintains that it is striking how Bayern "all of a sudden sway over the waves like a dinghy," and fulfill the Catalan coach's every wish. "FC Bayern have surrendered themselves to Pep Guardiola after the forced farewell of their decision maker Uli Hoeness," Die Welt adds.

The paper singles out the ever-growing fleet of Spaniards at the club, with the contingent after the transfers of Pepe Reina, Juan Bernat and Xabi Alonso now up to 10, including players and staff.

All of them are needed signings at reasonable prices.

If we signed German players they would've complained about "competitive balance" in the Bundesliga.

And the complaints about too many Spaniards at the club seems slightly racist.

Blablurn

All of them are needed signings at reasonable prices.

If we signed German players they would've complained about "competitive balance" in the Bundesliga.

And the complaints about too many Spaniards at the club seems slightly racist.

+1

We cannot please anyone anyway.

The board obviously wants to please Pep. But I'm not even mad. He had success with Barca, he had success with Bayern. Give him some goodies. I don't want stagnation either.

Blablurn

lol. The away game against ZSKA Moscow won't have any fans in the stadium because of some stuff they did in the past.

Thats gonna be strange.

God. I hate games in Russia.

Such anger over plastic dolls.

I just have issues with people looking down on other people's hobbies. Probably because the field I'm working in have happily married adults buying this sort of stuff yet still managing to get their work done on time, and their family happy.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as you're responsible for your family and career, you can buy all the figurines you want. That's why I feel so annoyed about his comments.

Finally came around to take a close look at some Bundesliga shirts today.

BVB home looks decent, better than I thought it would in the first few shots, maybe it has just grown on me, though. BVB away is fucking terrible. The design is nice and I'd have bought it if it had just been a black shirt. The material/color Puma used is shit though and it looks like a dark green. Fuck Puma once again.

Bayern home is terrible, still don't like the blue. Bayern away is overrated as hell here. Whoever has seen this in person and thinks it's one of the best shirts ever needs to get his taste checked. It's just not good.

About the rest, I won't even bother because nobody would care :lol

Blablurn

Finally came around to take a close look at some Bundesliga shirts today.

BVB home looks decent, better than I thought it would in the first few shots, maybe it has just grown on me, though. BVB away is fucking terrible. The design is nice and I'd have bought it if it had just been a black shirt. The material/color Puma used is shit though and it looks like a dark green. Fuck Puma once again.

Bayern home is terrible, still don't like the blue. Bayern away is overrated as hell here. Whoever has seen this in person and thinks it's one of the best shirts ever needs to get his taste checked. It's just not good.

About the rest, I won't even bother because nobody would care :lol
BwKdgWhCMAAnxyS.jpg

Top Bottom