• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Razor554

WdZ9EOa.jpg

Just a bunch of mates.

Mes que un club

Alves. lol

Why is Robben crashing that party?

anthonyOA

Sandro to Napoli still on. I guess he's surplus to requirements now that we've signed Drambuie or whatever his name is.

Laugh now. MoPos the one who's saw all out DMs in training and then came to this decision.

I like Sandro too but trust the guy knows what he's doing.

Unless it's Levy with his bargain addiction again...

DBT85

*hugshisZ2*

Looking forward to my Z1 contract ending as I've bounced it a few too many times (no glass broken though) and now it doesn't autorotate lol.

II'll get whatever the latest Z is at the time.

Want the Z2 Tablet too, but only really for the magnetic charge point that the Z1 tab doesn't have.

Great bits of kit though both of them.

OT, how much was Di Maria, Rojo in FF and how much will Blind be?

It looks to be pretty much confirmed

iOS as an OS is pretty snappy and stable. iOS8 ran really well on my iPhone 5 so it's incredibly well optimised etc. The only niggle is the reloading of webpages that happens. But, third party apps and stuff?! Will it affect those?!

Should be. I developed games for the iOS a few years ago. Budgeting usage of ram was a bitch.

Man, Tevez still got it.

Missed that era of us, with Tevez, Rooney, CR7. I don't know if we can ever be that good again for a while.

Linius

Looking forward to my Z1 contract ending as I've bounced it a few too many times (no glass broken though) and now it doesn't autorotate lol.

Want the Z2 Tablet too, but only really for the magnetic charge point that the Z1 tab doesn't have.

Great bits of kit though both of them.

Same here. Have the original Z from release March last year. Need to hang in there till February 2015. I'll get either a new Z, whatever model, or Nexus 6.

fuenf

Great nits of kit though both of them.

yeah cant have a waterproof phone /tablet without magnetic / or wireless charging. But I couldnt go back to a non-waterproof phone, simply washing a phone when it's dirty is awesome :)

DBT85

Same here. Have the original Z from release March last year. Need to hang in there till February 2015. I'll get either a new Z, whatever model, or Nexus 6.

Interesting, I got an 18 month contract on launch day so must be close for my replacement! Nom.

So Blind can play left back too? Isn't that the third option we have (yeah, he can also play midfield, I know)

That's a lot of competition for the position. Hope Shaw bucks up. He's too expensive to be a failure :(

EDIT: I have a Z Ultra. Good phone but the camera overheats and crashes from frequent use.

Linius

Interesting, I got an 18 month contract on launch day so must be close for my replacement! Nom.

Over here it's either 12 or 24 months. But you can renew three months in advance. So my contract actually started in may but got the phone on release from my carrier. So now I can renew in february, three months before my contract ends in may. Can't wait :p

Plasma

Banned
GurjitAFC: Wenger: "If we buy somebody, somebody will go because we have too many players. We have too many strikers" #Arsenal

If we don't sign a striker before the window closes I'll be livid, he'll be throwing away any chance of us competing for the league. Can only see us signing a CB at this point though even though we need a DM as well.

I'm not sure what happened this transfer window Wenger said the plan was to replace the players going out and sign 2 or 3 players to strengthen the squad. So far the only player to strengthen the squad is Sanchez but once we sell Podolski even he will be a replacement.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-ozil-im-one-worlds-best-065225511--sow.html

Good on him speaking out. The problem is Wenger rarely ever buys wingers; they are all Number 10's who are played throughout the midfield. Arshavin, Nasri, Hleb, Rosicky, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey; they've all played wide simply to fit them into the side.

But what's also true is that their talents are wasted and some have faded playing there. Rosick, Cazorla, Nasri, Arshavin and even Ozil are effectively deadweights playing there; they provide nothing to the side, but Wenger still does it.

It was frustrating to watch him out on the left against Besiktas he looked isolated a lot of the time and he just doesn't have it in him to get back and defend. We have one of the best attacking midfielders in the world and one of the best right wingers in the world and they're both being played out of position.

So Blind it is then. Clearly means we couldn't get other targets and he was the back up option. Seems a decent player, will probably be a bit better than the other dross we have but that'll be it - based on what I saw at the WC.

Doesn't look particularly fast so not sure it solves that issue in midfield.

Linius

So Blind it is then. Clearly means we couldn't get other targets and he was the back up option. Seems a decent player, will probably be a bit better than the other dross we have but that'll be it - based on what I saw at the WC.

He's not fast.

anthonyOA

Well your midfield has no heart and drive and from what I've seen if this lad, he could provide that.

I'm actually surprised man utd haven't bid for Sandro. Knows the league. Is better than what you have and is probably in a position you need to address most.

Linius

Yep seems a bit of a plodder.

I hope he can pass a bit and tackle though, so at least he has those attributes :p

I hope you guys can use the £14m well. Were you hoping for more?

He should have stayed, we don't need money. We need players. Overmars can shove that money some place the sun doesn't see it. What good is having 115 million and not spend a dime?

Blind can add to our collection of left footers.

We can now field a team with majority lefties. I reckon this hasn't happened for like, 25 years or something.

Blind will be good I think.

He is more comfortable on the ball than our current shit and he can fall back to the CB position to cover better than Fletcher/Cleverly/Ando whoever.

Interesting thing will be when Carrick recovers and if he finds the form from 2 seasons back what do we do.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wonder if we can sneak in one more signing, just one more :3

Really hope Di Maria starts and we have some tempo to our game today, forward passes are the future of football.

Wonder if we can sneak in one more signing, just one more :3

Really hope Di Maria starts and we have some tempo to our game today, forward passes are the future of football.

Typical man united fans....

Club promises one more signing, one more signing turns up, albeit not world class but still improves the squad

Maybe one more?....... Lol

Vidal ain't coming m8

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Typical man united fans....

Club promises one more signing, one more signing turns up, albeit not world class but still improves the squad

Maybe one more?....... Lol

Vidal ain't coming m8

Just one more :3

Its like Christmas where your parents hide that one last gift and when you think you are done they go "Santa left one more thing for you"

And its a PS2

enishi

Blind will be good I think.

He is more comfortable on the ball than our current shit and he can fall back to the CB position to cover better than Fletcher/Cleverly/Ando whoever.

Interesting thing will be when Carrick recovers and if he finds the form from 2 seasons back what do we do.

Carrick is 33. Even though not many matches we need to play this season, we need someone to replace him eventually. Blind should be ok, at least he is not Cleverley

Holy shit I did not realize Carrick is 33

Yeah we need to buy an entirely new midfield.

Herrera and Blind this summer. Can't complain toooooo much when you pair it with Di Maria who is probably going to play there for most of this season. Needed to get another CB in this window. Blind will try to cover off both..I guess.

Just need to spend these last few days getting these clowns out the door now. Hopefully we can make out net spend look a bit better so it's not as embarrassing when we finish 6th :(

Just one more :3

Its like Christmas where your parents hide that one last gift and when you think you are done they go "Santa left one more thing for you"

And its a PS2

In your case it will probably be a hd-DVD player.....

I predict someone random if you do get another player

just one more?... Lol

Yeah we need to buy an entirely new midfield.

Herrera and Blind this summer. Can't complain toooooo much when you pair it with Di Maria who is probably going to play there for most of this season. Needed to get another CB in this window. Blind will try to cover off both..I guess.

Just need to spend these last few days getting these clowns out the door now. Hopefully we can make out net spend look a bit better so it's not as embarrassing when we finish 6th :(

I doubt we get a lot of money for the outgoers.

Most important effect will be on wage bill. That 500k reduction per week will be glorious

I doubt we get a lot of money for the outgoers.

Most important effect will be on wage bill. That 500k reduction per week will be glorious

Will any of the interested clubs pay those silly wages? Anything above 50k a week for those flops is too much. I'd probably feel aggrieved giving them that much. Stick them on performance related pay.

Pay us more of that Puma money.

I think it's kinda funny that you guys accept to pay incredibly high fees for new players but play hard ball for a million or two for a player that hasn't played a good series of matches in two years and you don't even want anymore :lol

pls understand

Top Bottom