• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Tubie

OffensivePleasedCottonmouth.gif

AmusingUnsteadyHypsilophodon.gif

So looks like I'm buying GTAV again.

Pennywise

So looks like I'm buying GTAV again.
Same here.

what? Töre was like the only good player they signed from the Chelsea reserves

They only signed those players, because of the director that switched from Chelsea to Hamburg.
Those reserve players we're shit though, they're playing in a fantasy league with nearly no real competition.
Just not the same as Bundesliga reserve teams <3

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
grand theft auto V is one of those games i didnt get the hype for, it's just drive until you get bored, then shoot some stuff with some bad controls, then shut down your ps3 and masturbate till you fall asleep.

Further the letter from his solicitors explains that the #sket was being used to indicate that the "mum" was able to play anywhere, i.e. including the centre back position in which the original sender had apparently claimed Mr. Ferdinand needed to be replaced, and it was not a comment intended to denigrate the recipient’s mother.

Ferdinand hahahaha please

Wilbur

Banned
We’ve received a high volume of interest for our roles this year and the quality of applications has been exceptionally high. After reviewing your application, we’re sorry to tell you that you’ve not been selected to go through to the next stage.

We have carefully considered your application and regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.

l1x61OA.png

Elchele

comics and videogames are for nerds
pls lads

do you know who reads comics? Pulga.

Also, fuck svia. I need my 3rd place in UCL fantasy league back

inky

None.

xPSlPCU.png

Seen The Dark Knight Returns. Watched B:TAS

That's all you need bro, don't let anyone tell you otherwise :p

But seriously, at least read Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth. That's actually the tone I'd love new movies to have, but it's probably never going to happen =(

Scum

That's all you need bro, don't let anyone tell you otherwise :p

But seriously, at least read Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth. That's actually the tone I'd love new movies to have, but it's probably never going to happen =(

I'll give them a go.

Oh man, both excellent. :D

Love them to bits.

comics and videogames are for nerds
pls lads

do you know who reads comics? Pulga.

Also, fuck svia. I need my 3rd place in UCL fantasy league back

Go to bed, elsk.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Scum read The Killing Joke, the greatest Batman story ever told.

Avoid: The Long Halloween. I thought it was lame and a pretty shitty mystery story with a dumb ending. Jeph Loeb's Haunted Knight is way better IMO. Since you watched Batman: TAS you should read Mad Love & Other Stories. SO GOOD

Read Year One, best Batman related story ever. Also watch the animated version of Under The Red Hood. Then Batman Beyond. <3

lol

I wanted an iPad Air 2 but then found out the damn thing vibrating when the volume is turned up. But I'm not too fussed and still tempted...
Just get last year's tablet. Good enough for reading and should come with huge pricecuts.

No point buying a new one if you're like me and just want a tablet for reading, surfing or watching netflix.

Lightning

Banned
We don't play Swansea until Sunday? Just before international break that's nice timing for an extra days recovery. Hopefully learning how to defend.

Salazar

I've made fun of Vincent Kompany in the past.

And I realise that all professional sport depends to some extent on a juvenile inflation of stakes and attitudes. It is, intrinsically, silly business.

But he's a prick. I don't care if he runs Esperanto classes on estates. There's something dismally pissy about him. He seems honestly to believe that there's an element of noble struggle about City's problematic, martyred existence as an oil club.

I dunno if he's a pied piper for conspiratorial windowlickers. I don't know if he's reading motivational literature. But playing shit in Europe is what it is. There's no unseemly mechanics underneath it: you're shit, you slide on a river of shit into the Europa league, and you're shit a bit more until oblivion closes in.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^he's hilarious

he's 'convinced Champions League success is on the horizon.' and they're 'destined to be at the top of English football for a very long time'

'I don't play for money, I play for glory'

"#UsAgainstTheWorld #KeepTheFaith"

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Manager

I've made fun of Vincent Kompany in the past.

And I realise that all professional sport depends to some extent on a juvenile inflation of stakes and attitudes. It is, intrinsically, silly business.

But he's a prick. I don't care if he runs Esperanto classes on estates. There's something dismally pissy about him. He seems honestly to believe that there's an element of noble struggle about City's problematic, martyred existence as an oil club.

I dunno if he's a pied piper for conspiratorial windowlickers. I don't know if he's reading motivational literature. But playing shit in Europe is what it is. There's no unseemly mechanics underneath it: you're shit, you slide on a river of shit into the Europa league, and you're shit a bit more until oblivion closes in.

When you watch City on the bus, I've always seen him sitting alone, not sure how popular or social he is. His media stuff is goofy and cringey. I remember when the kitman did the Klinsmann dive during heavy rain, everyone laughing, then Kompany does exact same thing and all you heard was "eh...": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1XWd3sybYs

Regarding motivational:
Vincent Kompany retweeted
Mind Blowing @TheMindBlowing · Nov 3
Success is like an iceberg.
B1izLABIAAIVqrr.jpg:large

He gets interviewed on economics programs on CNN and what he does in Africa etc, maybe has risen over his head. Never really seen him step up as captain lately, doesn't ever seem to be angry. He's been completely shit several times in the last year, Demichelis got the worst stick when Kompany deserved it. The Demichelis Messi tackle was after Kompany decided to leave him for no good reason, Demichelis complained about it after.

GorillaJu

Someone taking creep shots of me on the train.

#beingwhiteinjapan

Also Kompany is cringeworthy in the extreme. He's a good player but you can tell he is well beyond believing his own hype. I prefer Juan Mata for my poetic PLer.

Yen

None.

xPSlPCU.png

Seen The Dark Knight Returns. Watched B:TAS
Thought the DKR comic was a bit crap.
I bought the first TP of (New 52) Suicide Squad yesterday, I never normally buy Marvel/DC due to the paradox of choice - Amazing, Spectacular, Superior, Uncanny?

Top Bottom