• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Aguero Gif

CostlyBowedAssassinbug.gif

I am gonna say that is a penalty, for me anytime a defender recklessly goes in and forces the attacker to take action to avoid contact then it should be a penalty.

sohois

WHO DO I BELIEVE

Yurt has already lied to me before about Vidal though

Thanks.

Also

The most spoken language in the word is Mandarin Chinese

Probably only Bla knows it here

我也知道了

On the subject those ‘Wontons' on the previous page do not appear to actually be wontons. More like Shaomai dumplings

I am gonna say that is a penalty, for me anytime a defender recklessly goes in and forces the attacker to take action to avoid contact then it should be a penalty.

How can you call that going in recklessly? He's covering the angle, he's not hitting him or the ball. He's not forcing Aguero to jump over him (see Koscielny) or anything.

How can you call that going in recklessly? He's covering the angle, he's not hitting him or the ball.

He has gone sliding in and doesn't have full control of his body. That is reckless to me and the only way he was able to cover the angle. Aguero has seen that and has to take action to avoid contact.

wut

If Aguero carries on with that path, the defender isn't touching him. It's an attempt to con the referee, nothing less.

The defender's leg has gone into Aguero;s path.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Forced to avoid contact? You may as well play without defenders then, if you aren't allowed to get in the way of the opponent.

The defender has slid in to block and not touched Aguero. You can see that Aguero feints to cross/shoot with his left foot and tries to draw contact.

He has gone sliding in and doesn't have full control of his body. That is reckless to me and the only way he was able to cover the angle. Aguero has seen that and has to take action to avoid contact.

The defender's leg has gone into Aguero;s path.

So the bellyflop was Aguero's attempt to avoid contact? If the defender's foot is in Aguero's path (a foot on the ground, neither dangerous nor impeding), why has he flopped in it's direction?

When you are travelling at fast speeds and then you see an swinging leg coming in you try to avoid contact, and sometimes the Aguero flop is the result.

A defender can't just so sliding in and then expect the attacker to be able to avoid contact 100% of the time while staying on his feet.

When you are travelling at fast speeds and then you see an swinging leg coming in you try to avoid contact, and sometimes the Aguero flop is the result.

A defender can't just so sliding in and then expect the attacker to be able to avoid contact 100% of the time while staying on his feet.

It's not a penalty. If you want to argue it wasn't a dive fine, but you are saying that is penalty.

Yes, when someone is going to high speeds even the slightest of touches or trying to avoid contact or whatever can cause them to go down. But those aren't penalties.

And defenders can go sliding in, it's called a slide tackle. Are you going to say that forwards shouldn't slide in to pounce on a cross or a loose ball?

It's not a penalty. If you want to argue it wasn't a dive fine, but you are saying that is penalty.

Yes, when someone is going to high speeds even the slightest of touches or trying to avoid contact or whatever can cause them to go down. But those aren't penalties.

And defenders can go sliding in, it's called a slide tackle. Are you going to say that forwards shouldn't slide in to pounce on a cross or a loose ball?

I understand when it is a slight touch when two people are side by side, but the defender has not got control of his body and not won the ball, thus it is a reckless challenge.

Linius

nIPyW3N.png

This guy was flying yesterday

I loved that subtle movement he did with the ball almost all the time, he outplayed Xavi and Biscuits with the same move over and over again :lol

Facism

Gold Member
what the fuck postman just came, didn't have my package from amazon. Further digging shows it's supposed to be delivered by some cowboy outfit called "Amazon Logistics" between 8am-9pm.

Fuck off, amazon. No wonder fucking first class is taking 4 days instead of the usual 1-2 we get round here with Royal Mail.

dc89

what the fuck postman just came, didn't have my package from amazon. Further digging shows it's supposed to be delivered by some cowboy outfit called "Amazon Logistics" between 8am-9pm.

Fuck off, amazon. No wonder fucking first class is taking 4 days instead of the usual 1-2 we get round here with Royal Mail.

Yep. You'll get some guy in an unmarked white van delivering your stuff to you. If he can be bothered*

*my saga with Destiny.

Lambert and Townsend in again. They did OK in the last round of internationals, but it blows my mind that they're automatic inclusions in the England squad

Facism

Gold Member

Scum

BBC said:
Roy Hodgson on the absence of Daniel Sturridge: "It was never a realistic possibility, he is obviously still recovering from the calf injury. I've left a message for Brendan and he has not rung back to counter that he is fit."

Hixx

Roy Hodgson on the absence of Daniel Sturridge: "It was never a realistic possibility, he is obviously still recovering from the calf injury. I've left a message for Brendan and he has not rung back to counter that he is fit."

Jesus Christ, Roy. Such a beta.

Top Bottom