• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

confuziz

Banned
nIPyW3N.png

This guy was flying yesterday

I loved that subtle movement he did with the ball almost all the time, he outplayed Xavi and Biscuits with the same move over and over again :lol

Hij is oke. Niet heel geweldig.

Scum

BBC said:
Roy Hodgson on Saido Berahino's chances of playing: "When you call players up, you call them up to play.
"I'm sure Saido will come wanting to play, but he faces stiff competition and he understands that. He's not just there for the learning process, but he hasn't made it to Wayne Rooney status."

nCUoKLR.png

Scum

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster, Ben Foster, Joe Hart
Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Calum Chambers, Nathaniel Clyne, Kieran Gibbs, Phil Jagielka, Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling
Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick, Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Raheem Sterling, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere, Theo Walcott
Forwards: Rickie Lambert, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Welbeck, Saido Berahino.

Carbonox

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Calum Chambers, Nathaniel Clyne, Kieran Gibbs, Phil Jagielka, Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling
Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick, Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Raheem Sterling, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere, Theo Walcott

Smalling...
Lambert...

The best area England have is Goalkeepers...

Smalling what

My lineup would be:

Hart/Forster

Clyne -- Cahill -- Jag -- Shaw/Baines
Lallana -- Hendo -- Downing
Sterling -- Rooney -- Welbeck

Scum

Goalkeepers: Marcus Bettinelli (Fulham), Jonathan Bond (Watford), Jack Butland (Derby County, loan from Stoke City).
Defenders: Luke Garbutt (Everton), Ben Gibson (Middlesbrough), Carl Jenkinson (West Ham United, loan from Arsenal), Michael Keane (Burnley, loan from Manchester United), Jamaal Lascelles (Nottingham Forest, loan from Newcastle United), Liam Moore (Leicester City), Jack Robinson (Huddersfield Town, loan from QPR).
Midfielders: Tom Carroll (Swansea City, loan from Tottenham Hotspur), Nathaniel Chalobah (Burnley, loan from Chelsea), Jake Forster-Caskey (Brighton & Hove Albion), Will Hughes (Derby County), Thomas Ince (Nottingham Forest, loan from Hull City), Alex Pritchard (Brentford, loan from Tottenham Hotspur), Nathan Redmond (Norwich City).
Forwards: Patrick Bamford (Middlesbrough, loan from Chelsea), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny Ings (Burnley), Callum Wilson (AFC Bournemouth), Cauley Woodrow (Fulham).

Hahaha, Lambert. Crikey.

With Sturridge injured, we're looking at the likes of Austin, Ings and Lambert to fill that 4th striker spot. And Lambert got an assist off the bench last time iirc, so he's in the squad for the next 2 years at least :p

Sturridge, Rooney, Welbeck, Berahino should be the 4 imo, and will be when Sturridge is fit probably.

Think we've yet to see Studge and Welbeck play up front together since he keeps getting injured, and Rooney is undroppable. Shame, as I think they'd do well together

Sure, hij mist vooral duel kracht in de lucht en soms wat slordig. Maar gisteren was ie wel echt lekker bezig op het middenveld. Zelfs nog bijna een assist als de paal niet in de weg had gestaan. Die legde die wel even mooi op Milik's knar.

/translate that Google

Team Hydra?

why are you murdering the dutch language

Scum

I want to see England play a 4-3-2-1/4-3-1-2.

With Sturridge injured, we're looking at the likes of Austin, Ings and Lambert to fill that 4th striker spot. And Lambert got an assist off the bench last time iirc, so he's in the squad for the next 2 years at least :p

Sturridge, Rooney, Welbeck, Berahino should be the 4 imo, and will be when Sturridge is fit probably.

Think we've yet to see Studge and Welbeck play up front together since he keeps getting injured, and Rooney is undroppable. Shame, as I think they'd do well together

Send Rppney to Southampton. He'll be dropped soon enough.

It's mildly depressing that everyone knows Rooney will play poorly and score a shit goal that any mug would score playing up front, thus, to Hodgson, justifying his status as a constant fixture and captain.

Marc

DOWNING! WALCOTT! CARRICK! TOWNSEND! LAMBERT! SMALLING!

FUCK UEFA!

Agh, why do I still follow football. All it does is kick my balls and I come back like some domestic abused spouse.

Thing is, our group is shit so he could pick anyone and scrape by to claim we are on our way to glory.

FUCK UEFA!

Agh, why do I still follow football. All it does is kick my balls and I come back like some domestic abused spouse.

Thing is, our group is shit so he could pick anyone and scrape by to claim we are on our way to glory.

Downing being picked is a good thing. Everyone's been saying for years that players should be picked on form regardless of what club they play for, then when he does it people whinge anyway.

Scum

FUCK UEFA!

Downing in the squad is good. Walcott in the squad is bad.

Pennywise

Entscheidung am Donnerstagnachmittag
Frankfurt vs. Bayern droht wegen Bahnstreik die Absage!

Loool.
Looks like they could cancel Bayern vs. Frankfurt because both the Bahn (train) and the tram employees are on strike.

dc89

The giantbomb endurance run of all the MGS games going on right now is great. They just started MGS2.

Metal Gear Scanlon - I don't have Premium but I watched a little compilation on YouTube of the funny bits. The Chaff Grenade right at the start.

Fergie

Banned
Manchester City referee denies booking wrong player during CSKA Moscow defeat.

Sidiropoulos wrote in his official match report that the yellow card he showed to CSKA’s Sergei Ignashevic was for dissent and not for tugging back Sergio Aguero, an offence that was actually committed by Pontus Wernbloom.

It appeared Sidiropoulos, who was refereeing only his second Champions League game, had blundered badly by booking Ignashevic instead of showing a second yellow card to Wernbloom.

The Greek official’s decision not to dismiss Wernbloom sparked protestations from City captain Vincent Kompany and Yaya Toure, which were waved away.

Sidiropoulos further infuriated the home side by sending off a frustrated Yaya Toure for pushing Roman Eremenko to the floor.

That saw City finish the game with nine men, with substitute Fernandinho having earlier been red-carded.

Kompany was scathing about Sidiropoulos after the game, telling his club’s official website: “Getting the wrong man for a yellow card… it’s laughable.

“We probably made more mistakes than the referee but eventually we are going to get something and people will be angry we got a decision for us. It can’t always be the other way.

“We are extremely unlucky. I am not going to talk about the referee but at some stage I do hope it will turn to our advantage. I believe a lot in karma. We are a bit unlucky now. It has to go our way.”

Uefa refused to be drawn on Thursday on whether Sidiropoulos faced the axe for his performance at the Etihad Stadium.

It said: “At each match, referees get an evaluation by the referee observers, and based on this evaluation and their performances, they are appointed for any future matches in Uefa competitions.

Source

Wasn't even a foul.

t4dK0b7.jpg

Marc

Downing being picked is a good thing. Everyone's been saying for years that players should be picked on form regardless of what club they play for, then when he does it people whinge anyway.

Erm, but we did that already. Downing isn't new to the squad, we are well aware of what he can provide for England. I don't doubt he'll have a good game if played either, could wheel out all manner of shit and manage to get a result.

And if form is the reason, why not Harry Kane. Why Lambert? Why Henderson? Townsend? Rooney? Why most of the squad in fact.

Wilbur

Banned
Erm, but we did that already. Downing isn't new to the squad, we are well aware of what he can provide for England. I don't doubt he'll have a good game if played either, could wheel out all manner of shit and manage to get a result.

And if form is the reason, why not Harry Kane. Why Lambert? Why Henderson? Townsend? Rooney? Why most of the squad in fact.

Because Roy's made some shit decisions. Downing isn't one of them.

Downing has been consistently good this season till now.

And Kane should have been picked over Lambert for sure.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Why is he picking Lambert anyway?

He made it into the England squad with Saints because he was consistently scoring and even then it took far too long for Roy to pick him

Now the guy spends all his time warming the bench at Liverpool and he's in?

Top Bottom