• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Esch

Banned
I can't wait to hear Martinez's and Wenger's views on Barkley and Walcott being called up.
Wenger spoke about it a couple days ago

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/theo-walcott-given-green-light-4555251

"The battle is not won, nine or ten months out, you have ups and downs. I will have to manage that well.

"If he wants to go (with England), I'm happy for him to go and practise and maybe get a few minutes. I'm happy for it. Mentally it will help him.

"Is he completely ready? I think it is a bit early but to be in the squad will be good for him."

Gotta test Barkleys and Walcotts resolve
iZ3GVkzpVf18t.png

Pennywise

Fucking hell, they're gonna show Leverkusen against Monaco as next CL game....on free tv.
Are they mad ?
Who the fuck wants to see that ?
Cunts.

3Sixty

Southampton have left nothing to chance. The attention to detail at the training ground is staggering and it is a warm, open and friendly place. It must surely be the only Premier League training ground where you will spot a cat wandering around outside reception. “That’s Alfie,” says a member of staff. Apparently Alfie has been around for a few years.

@SouthamptonFC Any chance of a photo of Alfie the cat please?!! http://www.

.@SaintCirce Here he is! #saintsfc

B1xYghhIIAAxkto.jpg

YES ALFIE

dc89

MGS1 was THE game that made me see video games in a different light.

It's a classic and it's timeless. The writing... the script... the music... it's all so good. SO GOOD! I finished it earlier Bla, finished it in 4 sittings :lol - onto MGS2.

I just don't trust the way speed is measured in football

No way has Jagielka run more quickly than anyone else in the PL this season, and no way did Robben run the quickest of anyone at the World Cup, in the last 10 minutes of a match he started no less.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs kickoff against Asteras Tripoli at 6.

SpursOfficial: #THFC team: Vorm, Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Dembele, Stambouli; Eriksen, Lamela, Townsend; Kane #COYS

SpursOfficial: #THFC subs: McGee, Chiriches, Rose, Chadli, Mason, Paulinho, Soldado #COYS

3Sixty

Spurs kickoff against Asteras Tripoli at 6.

SpursOfficial: #THFC team: Vorm, Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Dembele, Stambouli; Eriksen, Lamela, Townsend; Kane #COYS

SpursOfficial: #THFC subs: McGee, Chiriches, Rose, Chadli, Mason, Paulinho, Soldado #COYS

Arry Kane FGS 3-0.

Book it

Lightning

Banned
Not impressed that Roy has called up Theo. Played 10 minutes of competitive football in over 10 months.

Calum Chambers to start over Clyne again it seems.

I'm in Asda waiting for my prescription so I decided to wander over to the books.

How on earth does Vicky from Geordie Shore have a Sunday Times #1 best selling book. I don't get that.

Gambit

Fucking hell, they're gonna show Leverkusen against Monaco as next CL game....on free tv.
Are they mad ?
Who the fuck wants to see that ?
Cunts.

Nobody wants to see that, but it's their consolation price. Dortmund and Bayern are through, so if they are ever going to show any of the other German teams now is the time for it. Just to please Völler and next time Tönnies.

I can understand the decision, although it clearly is a stupid one.

pulsemyne

Bonys going to sign a new contract at swansea, probably before the arsenal game. Apparently he doesn't want to move anywhere as he likes it at swansea. It also appears as though the 19 million buyout clause will be gone or will be raised much higher.

Marc

The best area England have is Goalkeepers...

Smalling what

My lineup would be:

Hart/Forster

Clyne -- Cahill -- Jag -- Shaw/Baines
Lallana -- Hendo -- Downing
Sterling -- Rooney -- Welbeck

Of that shower I would go for...

Forster

Clyne - Cahill - Smalling - Shaw

Carrick - Wilshere

Ox - Barkley - Sterling

Berahino

Wow, didn't even realise he picked like no CB's, 3 leftbacks?! I put Smalling in only because I don't rate Jagielka in an England shirt, always fucking up. And Carrick since he picked zero DM's as usual, as all England managers do. Bring on Welbeck later so the new kid on the block gets a chance.

Because Roy's made some shit decisions. Downing isn't one of them.

Downing has been consistently good this season till now.

And Kane should have been picked over Lambert for sure.

1245227615_colin_farrel.gif

Downing lovers on FootyGAF. You're all going to hell, you guys know that, right? And not the cool one with all the bad girls.

Downing has been consistently good against what, have you guys seen the league? Have you seen the standards put out every week? Entertaining, yes but its fucking awful football. Is he going to be a player to help us win the euros? C'mon, absolute waste of time. He is shit, having a purple patch, or mugging off shit defences in a shit league does not a good player make.

Now to watch Kane score 4 goals
against shit teams

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
With his goals against Ajax Messi has now matched Harry Kane on 12 goals for club and country this season.

Pennywise

The more I read about Viva the more I realise he isn't who I hoped he'd be.

It hurts.

But we can work on that, people change.

Nope, some people don't even see the most obvious reaction towards them, because they're as ignorant and stupid as always.

frU10tR.png

To make it not completely obvious, I choose this sun.

Denis Cheryshev. 23 yo
dem russian genes

Kinda looks like Bierhoff x Robben.

Wilbur

Banned
1245227615_colin_farrel.gif

Downing lovers on FootyGAF. You're all going to hell, you guys know that, right? And not the cool one with all the bad girls.

Downing has been consistently good against what, have you guys seen the league? Have you seen the standards put out every week? Entertaining, yes but its fucking awful football. Is he going to be a player to help us win the euros? C'mon, absolute waste of time. He is shit, having a purple patch, or mugging off shit defences in a shit league does not a good player make.

Now to watch Kane score 4 goals
against shit teams

So who would you have in there over Downing?

Top Bottom