• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Blablurn

Absolutely. But then, Downing's outperformed both of them too.

image.php

Downing lovers on FootyGAF. You're all going to hell, you guys know that, right? And not the cool one with all the bad girls.

Downing has been consistently good against what, have you guys seen the league? Have you seen the standards put out every week? Entertaining, yes but its fucking awful football. Is he going to be a player to help us win the euros? C'mon, absolute waste of time. He is shit, having a purple patch, or mugging off shit defences in a shit league does not a good player make..

PYdED6L.gif

Consistently good is far better than most of the players in the squad, what more can you ask for? Also, every England player plays in that "shit league", should none of them be picked?

Downing lovers on FootyGAF. You're all going to hell, you guys know that, right? And not the cool one with all the bad girls.

Downing has been consistently good against what, have you guys seen the league? Have you seen the standards put out every week? Entertaining, yes but its fucking awful football. Is he going to be a player to help us win the euros? C'mon, absolute waste of time. He is shit, having a purple patch, or mugging off shit defences in a shit league does not a good player make.

Now to watch Kane score 4 goals
against shit teams

By that measure nobody should be selected for England then

Marc

So who would you have in there over Downing?

A cone.

Has it really come to the point where that is a question, asked with a straight face no doubt?

How about a CB? Are we defining Downing's spot as a central midfielder? Cork, Cattermole, Powell, Carroll, Chalobah, Shelvey, Baker, Loftus-Cheek... basically players who haven't had a chance but have potential.

By that measure nobody should be selected for England then

I am not against this idea.

Point being, what you do at club level as we have seen for a while now has no bearing on international football. Being able to keep the ball, managing the pace of the game and play under pressure are more important than what our club football emphasises. Trying players out and seeing what sticks seems a better option to me than playing someone we know can't play at that level.

Lightning

Banned
Still can't believe we didn't win against Anderlecht. Fuck sake.

Giroud being back is great news though. Now we can at least rest Welbeck and have more depth in our squad.

Debuchy needs to come back soon too.

if kojima releases another bundle, it will be for steam

If he is going to do it I suspect he'll do it for all 3 platforms considering the similarities in development. Would be nice to play MGS4 with a non-shitty controller and without having separate installs for each chapter

FootballFan

If he is going to do it I suspect he'll do it for all 3 platforms considering the similarities in development. Would be nice to play MGS4 with a non-shitty controller and without having separate installs for each chapter

The multiple installs were fixed in the trophy update. The controller issue though....well I liked the ds3.

Lightning

Banned
Installa before each chapter has already been patched. Can be done with one install at the start of the game now.

The multiple installs were fixed in the trophy update. The controller issue though....well I liked the ds3.

Installa before each chapter has already been patched. Can be done with one install at the start of the game now.

I didn't know that about the installs, thats great news... perhaps if they don't announce a collection soon I might replay it. Not sure if I fancy dusting the cobwebs off my PS3 though

moojito

It's Spursday. That day of the week when our favourite London team (well, favourite team from Tottenham) get to play a team you've never heard of before and still run the risk of a 0-0 draw.

At least they got that nice new wifi in our stadium... Maybe the supporters can re-watch match highlights from when we were good. 3-0 to fucking brugge and our only quality creative player has gone out injured.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Apparently Falcao is out for another week at least

Marc

Jack Cork

#prospect

#potential

I was expecting the age of Cattermole to come up first, so I put his name second.

#Disappointed

Ward-Prowse started training yet? Shove him in with all the other lot just coming back from injury.

#IfYouCanWalkYoucanPlay

Top Bottom