• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

One goal in a capital one cup match doesn't really make up for all those other performances though, does it?
EqleoMV.png

I wasn't being serious was I?

2002 - 5
2003 - 1
2004 - 14
2005 - 15
2006 - 24
2007 - 34
2008 - 35
2009 - 30
2010 - 48
2011 - 60
2012 - 63
2013 - 69

Right, so if we buy him on what would be exorbitant money then he'll keep scoring more each season up to the age of 40?

Or can we all agree he's probably reached his peak and that buying him now would represent poor long term business.?

K1LLER7

2002 - 5
2003 - 1
2004 - 14
2005 - 15
2006 - 24
2007 - 34
2008 - 35
2009 - 30
2010 - 48
2011 - 60
2012 - 63
2013 - 69

Currently? Yep. Isco has been incredible this season.
But when Bale's fit again, he goes directly back into the team right?

We might have a chance if he's benched for Isco. Woodward save him!

Right, so if we buy him on what would be exorbitant money then he'll keep scoring more each season up to the age of 40?

Or can we all agree he's probably reached his peak and that buying him now would represent poor long term business.?

I feel like a few people said he wouldn't be able to keep it up but 2014 he has started well too.

Wouldn't want him for an exorbitant amount, if he wants to move we could get him for a decent amount.

But when Bale's fit again, he goes directly back into the team right?

We might have a chance if he's benched for Isco. Woodward save him!

I'm not sure really, Isco is a Bernabéu favorite so it makes things a little tricky. Bale is a phenomenal player who brings so much vertical game with his speed, agility and power. It's up to Carlo to choose and find the balance - I'm sure both players are dedicated enough to do whatever is required, even if it means sitting out games.

We have enough games (Cup, League and CL) to have them both play.

I feel like a few people said he wouldn't be able to keep it up but 2014 he has started well too.

Wouldn't want him for an exorbitant amount, if he wants to move we could get him for a decent amount.

He's on a long term contract.

The only way you'd get him on a 'decent amount' is if Madrid sold him when he's already on the irreversible decline.

KidJr

Balloteri
Lovren

Haters got silenced yesterday

Is this GAF sarcasm?

Also just clarify, Isco has potential to be better than Bale, he's not better than Bale now by any stretch. Bale is too explosive/powerful/quick atm for him not to be in that Real Madrid team.

I see Isco as a future Ballon d'or winner but currently as it stands Bale is a better player.

Ronaldo, Bale and Benzima counter attacking honestly must be the scariest sight in football.

K1LLER7

I'm not sure really, Isco is a Bernabéu favorite so it makes things a little tricky. Bale is a phenomenal player who brings so much vertical game with his speed, agility and power. It's up to Carlo to choose and find the balance - I'm sure both players are dedicated enough to do whatever is required, even if it means sitting out games.

We have enough games (Cup, League and CL) to have them both play.
I can't see James being dropped but I would play Isco in the midfield 3 and Bale on the right. He was key to the CL win last year and Madrid should hope he can find his form again.

Put me off getting it. Seemed almost perfect bar that. When I heard 2GB RAM I was all in, then I read the vibrating issue and had to see for myself.

Usually I put that stuff down to hyperbolic nonsense but it is very noticeable even at half volume. Wasn't a nice experience.

It would be nice to have a tablet but I don't think I'm in a terrible need of one at the moment, I'll just wait for next year.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I wonder what will happen with Adnan, if he can get the consistency to his game, when hes on he thinks a level above half our players.

Tubie

Carletto already said Bale will always play if he's fit.

So that leaves one spot for either James or Isco, that should be the real debate here.

Put me on TeamIsco, he's just all around better than James. James was the sole reason RM didn't score 2-3 more goals in that second half, he fucked up a lot of chances with bad passes.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Bla getting his name changed, EviLore posting and hixx begging for a title change in every post

What a time to be alive

#bantergate

I was thinking today that it would be great if a top forward like Ronaldo did a Gary Doherty and suddenly decide they want to play centre half. I reckon he could do it as well.

I don't want Ronaldo back. Too old once bought that would put him on obscene wages. Your'e gambling on his health. One injury and United would be fucked. Just accept that he loves Madrid and move on already.

Top Bottom