• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Meier

Someone give me the Mandrake rundown of what the hell happened during the night/European day. Been busy at work and had less time to follow the thread lately.

RVP's been bossing it:

But as impressive as Van Persie was in his first few months at Old Trafford, his output since -- and David Moyes may rub his eyes in disbelief at this -- has been even better.

Van Persie’s first 25 goals, during his outstanding first season at United, took 43 games to amass.

His second 25, despite the injuries and loss of form experienced under Moyes, and in a team shorn of confidence, came within 38 games.

Van Persie made just 28 appearances for United last season, but scored eighteen goals, including a Champions League hat-trick against Olympiakos.

kharma45

using his username on social networks probably didn't help, bla.
jsEsxkl.png

I feel like I'm missing something here. Was Bla two timing and snitching to other threads on other forums?

thats like the second time u talked about my fb account. the last time i asked u per pm to delete this. i have no idea what u r up to but its annoying.

Someone elaborate.

L1NETT

not to distract from the drama at hand...but Wilbz my man

got FM 15, started as Bradford (the only way to play FM..with a smaller club)

Sold Aaron Mclean (his wages are fucking gigantic), Kennedy, sent Mason Bennett back.

Got in....Ivan Klasnic (what a legend), some weird Dutch winger, some schoolboy AMC on loan

4-2-3-1. Sensational

kharma45

RVP's been bossing it:

With 51 goals, and at the age of 31, he can forget about overhauling Sir Bobby Charlton’s 249 goals to claim top spot, but Van Persie’s goals-per-game ratio is better than each of the top three -- Charlton, Denis Law and Wayne Rooney -- on United’s goalscoring list.

Only Tommy Taylor (0.69 goals per game), Ruud van Nistelrooy (0.68) and Dennis Viollet (0.61) can better Van Persie’s rate of a goal every 0.60 games for United.

Wilbur

Banned
not to distract from the drama at hand...but Wilbz my man

got FM 15, started as Bradford (the only way to play FM..with a smaller club)

Sold Aaron Mclean (his wages are fucking gigantic), Kennedy, sent Mason Bennett back.

Got in....Ivan Klasnic (what a legend), some weird Dutch winger, some schoolboy AMC on loan

4-2-3-1. Sensational

Why the fuck did you send Bennett back?! I've been trying desperately to get him back on loan since he went back to derby! 13 goals in 19 games for me.

I'm 12th after 27 games, 5 points off the play offs. Always one step forward, one step back. Fucking game.

faridmon

When I first came to know Footy-thread, I thought Blaburn was a Blackburn fan, even read his name as ''Blackburn''

Snitch, at least, have a linguistic background

Why the fuck did you send Bennett back?! I've been trying desperately to get him back on loan since he went back to derby! 13 goals in 19 games for me.

I'm 12th after 27 games, 5 points off the play offs. Always one step forward, one step back. Fucking game.

Don't be a slave to your players Nathan.

#belikefergie

#exceptwhenitcomestorooney

#seriouslywhatthefuck

sohois

People of ten make the mistake on Neogaf of believing that it is should operate a lot like real life in it's rules. Police, judges et al. always need to be careful in their judgments as they have higher powers to answer to in the shape of the law itself and any mistakes will be thrown out. Thus when people see inconsistencies here, or "unfair" actions they tend to get quite riled up as it wouldn't pass in "real" life. But of course, Neogaf isn't bound by any formal precedent, the ToS is free to be discarded by Evilore and the moderation team should they wish. It's a private organisation which Evilore can run as he sees fit. Aside from a handful of American anti-discrimination laws which I guess the site needs to adhere to, anything that the moderators want to do they can.

I do think Batongen's ban was a little harsh, but it's just an opinion. And maybe Snitch should have his name changed back but in the end it's entirely up to the owner himself. I think the Batongen was an unfortunate case of correspondence bias - whereby people assign personality traits to behaviours that they themselves would explain with situations i.e. You see someone on with headphones on in a club and think that the person is strange, but if you knew the situation of the person then there is a reasonable explanation. Batongen was obviously not aware of the prior circumstances and put his foot right in his mouth. I suppose in the end though, that it was the way he worded it that did for him.

When I first came to know Footy-thread, I thought Blaburn was a Blackburn fan, even read his name as ''Blackburn''

Snitch, at least, have a linguistic background

Same, this is now far less confusing!

None of this would have happened if London nightclubs were more considerate with their music decibel levels, come up North next time EviLore and enjoy banter and dancing at the same time.

Portugeezer

People of ten make the mistake on Neogaf of believing that it is should operate a lot like real life in it's rules. Police, judges et al. always need to be careful in their judgments as they have higher powers to answer to in the shape of the law itself and any mistakes will be thrown out. Thus when people see inconsistencies here, or "unfair" actions they tend to get quite riled up as it wouldn't pass in "real" life. But of course, Neogaf isn't bound by any formal precedent, the ToS is free to be discarded by Evilore and the moderation team should they wish. It's a private organisation which Evilore can run as he sees fit. Aside from a handful of American anti-discrimination laws which I guess the site needs to adhere to, anything that the moderators want to do they can.

I do think Batongen's ban was a little harsh, but it's just an opinion. And maybe Snitch should have his name changed back but in the end it's entirely up to the owner himself. I think the Batongen was an unfortunate case of correspondence bias - whereby people assign personality traits to behaviours that they themselves would explain with situations i.e. You see someone on with headphones on in a club and think that the person is strange, but if you knew the situation of the person then there is a reasonable explanation. Batongen was obviously not aware of the prior circumstances and put his foot right in his mouth. I suppose in the end though, that it was the way he worded it that did for him.

tumblr_m6yrn9ZVCV1qh2o7zo1_500.gif

inky

Oh shit, people banned, names changed, What did I miss?

You guys had to know that posting about EL wasn't going to end well. He doesn't take criticism. Like, at all.

Edit: nvm, read the summary. LOL. That was actually pretty dumb. Sorry Bla.

faridmon

Great write-up

That is true, I came to accept that Neogaf is not what I was expecting it to be and I have learnt how to adjust to that. Shame, but what can do.

laboured subterfuge

Remember when Kermit used to point towards peoples usernames as a reason for them being wrong in arguments :lol

There was one he especially hated.

That guy had to change his username...because...reasons...can't remember what his current username is though.

Top Bottom