• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

dc89

lol, that is a good deal. Hmmmmmm.

I have the money but I fear I wouldn't play it much after Halo :lol

Halo will last Tom bloody ages, maybe even years. He played Halo 3 for years after it came out. So an XB1 with Halo for £275-£300 (when he sells the games) is good value to him.

GorillaJu

Oh the new Halo is just the old Halos together? All this hype for a fucking reissue? I guess if you're a huge fan of the old games it's a big deal.

bjaelke

Oh the new Halo is just the old Halos together? All this hype for a fucking reissue? I guess if you're a huge fan of the old games it's a big deal.

The Xbox is a bit short on upcoming exclusives, so I guess that's why. Q3-4 next year looks a lot better in comparison.

dc89

Does the Xbone come with any degree of XBL or is that another 35-40 quid to lop on to the total price of the bundles?

Usually get a trial in the box.

It's all 4 games remastered in 1080P 60FPS (I think).
It's a big deal for multiplayer as youre getting 100+ maps and the GOAT levelling system (Halo 2's).

So it's a biggie for fans of the series. But I guess if you've never played it now you've got a good reason as you're getting a lot for your £40.

Carbonox

Isn't Quantum Break out at the end of 2015 too? That looks pretty interesting.

Exclusive-wise aside from Halo the Xbone is pretty bare. Gears of War would be of interest to me though as well. Crackdown perhaps.

bjaelke

Another Halo coming out then. What a great year the XBox will have!

Crackdown, Scalebound, Quantum Break, Tomb Raider etc.

"I mean, this fall from a first-party/third-party standpoint is great. Next fall, I don't... Honestly it's not hype at all, I honestly don't know that we can actually ship all the stuff that thinks it's trying to ship next fall," he added. "It just might be too crowded and we might purposely try to move some things out to spread it. You have to [give them some breathing room], you have to do that."
lol

El Topo

Isn't Quantum Break out at the end of 2015 too? That looks pretty interesting.

Exclusive-wise aside from Halo the Xbone is pretty bare. Gears of War would be of interest to me though as well. Crackdown perhaps.

There's also the new Tomb Raider. I think they've actually delivered some pretty good exclusives so far. Killer Instinct, Forza, Sunset Overdrive, D4, that's probably more interesting than what Sony has delivered until now. Of course, things seem very different for 2015.

Carbonox

There's also the new Tomb Raider. I think they've actually delivered some pretty good exclusives so far. Killer Instinct, Forza, Sunset Overdrive, D4, that's probably more interesting than what Sony has delivered until now. Of course, things seem very different for 2015.

Tomb Raider's coming out on PS4 though at some point.

The rest of those exclusives are of no interest to me.

Scalebound is though, forgot about that one.

El Topo

Tomb Raider's coming out on PS4 though at some point.

The rest of those exclusives are of no interest to me.

Scalebound is though, forgot about that one.

Crackdown and Scalebound are 2016, right? 2015 seems pretty barren right now (as far as exclusives).

Carbonox

To be honest, I'd be more than content with Halo MCC, Halo 5, Quantum Break, Ninja Gaiden Black Remastered & Gears of War Collection as my Xbone games for 2015. Enough stuff there on top of the PS4's own library and multiplatform titles.

The last two I made up but would love to see them.

bjaelke

Manchester United have taken the extraordinary step of inquiring about Nani's interest in returning to Old Trafford in January – just 12 weeks after they allowed him to join Sporting on an expensive season-long loan.
A Duncan Castle Exclusive™

Blablurn

Okay, my friend gave me 3 games some two weeks ago. Here is a lil overview:

Destiny. It's so sad. The story doesn't catch me at all. The gameplay is alright but nothing that makes me go like "Damn, I will finish it for the gameplay alone". Graphics are ok sometimes. Sometimes rather boring.

Shadow of Mordor. I'm bad at this. I get killed by every captain. :/

Watch Dogs. It's okay. Made it to Chapter 3. But it's getting boring. Like with every Ubi Soft game.

I really want a game that takes my breath away. Something.

Oh, nothing in particular. Just ran up three thousand or so yellows against Adelaide. Including the one guy who forgot he wasn't playing State of Origin and decided to rugby tackle someone.

Are you Straylyan?

I thought you were English. Didn't you have an English flag in your avatar. And your called Bob.

bud

thinking about going to interstellar in a few hours.
C9fWJ1P.png

i'm open to being pleasantly surprised.

Carbonox

Looking back on Shadow of Mordor, it's a pretty poor game when you take away the Nemesis System. Incredibly dull, story is laughable and the gameplay itself is just a mish-mash of other franchise systems.

I did thoroughly enjoy Watch Dogs though and Destiny was a loooot of fun. Not much to do in it though once you've finish the "campaign" barring playing PVP and its story is a fucking joke.

dc89

Destiny. It's so sad. The story doesn't catch me at all. The gameplay is alright but nothing that makes me go like "Damn, I will finish it for the gameplay alone". Graphics are ok sometimes. Sometimes rather boring.

Watch Dogs. It's okay. Made it to Chapter 3. But it's getting boring. Like with every Ubi Soft game.

Sounds like MGS V will be the next game to do that.

Anybody here think that Phil Jones, Evans or Smalling are better or on the same level as Demichelles/Mangala?

I don't think they are comparing first choices Jones/Evans to Demichelles and overall Smalling might be worse than Mangala in the long term

Zabojnik

I mean the name. Don't know much about the game except a Giantbomb quicklook.

It's very ... intriguing. A detective story of sorts, relatively short, I'm told. Will make for a nice decompression game after the Wasteland 2 and The Evil Within tour de force, I feel.

Play one game at a time and only ones that truly interest you. Destiny, Watchdogs ... no wonder you're getting bored of gaming.

I'm buying Shovel Knight today.

It was alright.

bjaelke

It's very ... intriguing. A detective story of sorts, relatively short, I'm told. Will make for a nice decompression game after the Wasteland 2 and The Evil Within tour de force, I feel.

Play one game at a time and only ones that truly interest you. Destiny, Watchdogs ... no wonder you're getting bored of gaming.
Story isn't very compelling, but you're absolutely right about the visual side.

FootballFan

Phantom pain

Mgs

Kojima

Goat.

bud

Got my tickets for the IMAX showing next week :D

i just checked the available seats, and a lot of the ones in the very middle are taken.

not sure if i should go. it's raining, too.

maybe i'll just stay in, and watch beginners again.
Xlz1iA4.png

Top Bottom