• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Linius

FQrmwsp.png

it's not even that bad, really.

i will think this over while taking a shit.

Plenty seats in the middle at the back end m8

Firemind

Do you live in bumville? Plenty of open seats, mate. Even my local pathe has more reserved seats for the last screening at this moment.

Salazar

“Do you understand the brilliance of this move – from the Executioner to the Alien?” he asks. “I thought about it at three in the morning and knew it was perfect. I’m almost 50 years old and, against Kovalev, I have no fear. I have no doubt. I have already bent time to my will.”

Bernard Hopkins. Whenever you think footballers say supremely ridiculous shit.

Richard Keys ‏@richardajkeys 2m2 minutes ago Doha, Qatar

Hear that Stevie G was told on plane from Newc that he wasn't playing v Madrid. Wasnt happy pointing out he gave up Eng for games like that

CNB1W6d.png

GorillaJu

Hear that Stevie G was told on plane from Newc that he wasn't playing v Madrid. Wasnt happy pointing out he gave up Eng for games like that

CNB1W6d.png

Thanks man, whenever we need updates on Liverpool we can always rely on you and cartoon to give us the latest info seconds after it's live.

CNB1W6d.png

Rodgers has got himself into a right pickle.

First he accused Roy of lying about Sterling and then he told lies about Stevie himself. It's really quite disgusting.

Sadly I reckon he's going to get the win tomorrow.

I am in a bad mood with my work and drinking heavily alone on a Friday night and then check on football-italia and see that fucking Kahn has had a pop at Italian football.

The cunt can fuck off, his comments on Italian football show he hasn't watched a Serie A game in a long time, possibly ever.

“Once German football trembled before Italy, now the opposite is true,”

Please don't make me spill out my cheap Korean beer through laughter. Sure Bayern destroyed Roma and fair enough, but plenty of their recent wins over Italian teams have come with dodgy ref decisions.

And as if we tremble before them, they are just like England, never been able to beat us in a competitive match on the international level. I see Italy vs Germany and know I can bank walking away with a smile.

After all 12 years a German international and he never beat Italy, glad he admits he trembled before us.

Thanks man, whenever we need updates on Liverpool we can always rely on you and cartoon to give us the latest info seconds after it's live.

It's going to be ok, Odd.

Rodgers has got himself into a right pickle.

First he accused Roy of lying about Sterling and then he told lies about Stevie himself. It's really quite disgusting.

Sadly I reckon he's going to get the win tomorrow.

Didn't Hodgson say yesterday that he has 30 witnesses on Sterling saying he wanted a rest? :lol

Oh Brenton, stick to oblique management speak.

Godan

So are Liverpool fans calling for Rodgers to get sacked after 10 games even after he got them to a 2nd place finish last season?

Walshy

So are Liverpool fans calling for Rodgers to get sacked after 10 games even after he got them to a 2nd place finish last season?
No, just a select few on Twitter.

I still think we should have a DoF. Rodgers has shown he is a very good coach, but is awful at transfers.

GorillaJu

I still think we should have a DoF. Rodgers has shown he is a very good coach, but is awful at transfers.

We have the transfer committee for that reason. You can't bring in a DOF now at this point in Rodgers' tenure... it would just create rifts and tension. I've got no clue what the transfer committee is actually up to and how that system works but yeah something isn't right. We've had 3 or 4 legit squad transfers under Rodgers and only 2 that actually are having a positive effect on the first team.

Do we know that for sure, though?

Who are the players he specifically picked himself?

I heard people saying that a lot of the summer signings were “typical” Rodgers signings but who even knows what that means? The only one you could be really sure about is Allen. Though I guess you guys will know better?

Also Odd is madddddddddd. Jokes.

Godan

Yeah I guess that what it seems like on twitter. Just dont really understand why you would want someone who did that for your team out becasue they have hit a bit of a bad period.

Phlebas

Banned
Great news.Can't wait to see him back in action.
Hopefully he gets enough minutes to play.

No way he sees minuted until after the international break I think.

He will get minutes since we'll have to rotate but he needs to be eased in after being gone so long.

Walshy

We have the transfer committee for that reason. You can't bring in a DOF now at this point in Rodgers' tenure... it would just create rifts and tension. I've got no clue what the transfer committee is actually up to and how that system works but yeah something isn't right. We've had 3 or 4 legit squad transfers under Rodgers and only 2 that actually are having a positive effect on the first team.
It is a move I wouldn’t go along with unless Rodgers agreed to it ofc, but with the committee it’s sort of a grey area. I'm sure Rodgers would never take a DoF, mainly as he rejected to it so much when he first joined the club.

They’ve had five transfer windows and the money has largely been wasted on players who have not impacted the squad. The problem with the committee is who do we blame?

In what I’m sure is related news, yesterday we fired three of our scouting team as we are doing yet another ‘mass overhaul’ according to the Telegraph.

confuziz

Banned
I really want PSV to meet a good team in the EL next round. In this form we actually have a chance against the likes of spurs, inter etc.

GorillaJu

It is a move I wouldn’t go along with unless Rodgers agreed to it ofc, but with the committee it’s sort of a grey area. I'm sure Rodgers would never take a DoF, mainly as he rejected to it so much when he first joined the club.

They’ve had five transfer windows and the money has largely been wasted on players who have not impacted the squad. The problem with the committee is who do we blame?

In what I’m sure is related news, yesterday we fired three of our scouting team as we are doing yet another ‘mass overhaul’ according to the Telegraph.

I've never seen the point in looking for someone to blame just so you can moan about people doing things you have no control over.

But if you're looking for what the club deems to be the source of the problem, the fact that they just fired three scouts might give a good indicator.

Has it ever been confirmed if Jesse's doctors / trainers fucked up his surgery / recovery? I recall him staying on crutches for waaaay too long.

If they fired the scouts on the back of this summers signings that seems a bit sudden.

Was probably more to it, of course.

But in general - people are writing off a lot of Liverpool's summer signings already. It's been 10 games. You have to give them at least a season and a bit.

Walshy

Do we know that for sure, though?

Who are the players he specifically picked himself?

I heard people saying that a lot of the summer signings were “typical” Rodgers signings but who even knows what that means? The only one you could be really sure about is Allen. Though I guess you guys will know better?
At the moment, we have no way of knowing.

Allen and Borini are ones you can definitely say was his signings, as they were made before the committee was fully established. At the time when Rodgers came in, we revamped our whole scouting network, and placed one of the scouts we took from Manchester City, Barry Hunter, on the committee.

It’s evident that the heavily realiance on our current scouts was flawed, as the scout who covered the south east of England (e.g. Southampton), Mel Johnson has been fired recently.

GorillaJu

If they fired the scouts on the back of this summers signings that seems a bit sudden.

Was probably more to it, of course.

But in general - people are writing off a lot of Liverpool's summer signings already. It's been 10 games. You have to give them at least a season and a bit.

I don't even take issue with the summer signings from this year. Lovren is obviously not living up to expectations and Balotelli is shit, but the others, especially Moreno and Manquillo are good buys. Marko will come good.

It's that over three years of Rodgers' tenure, we've only had 3 really good buys: Sturridge, Coutinho and Moreno. Not good enough.

I can't blame Rodgers too much because 1) we bid a good amount for Willian and Salah. I'm not sure what Konoplyanka would have amounted to, but we tried on that one too and got blocked by the chairman of Dnipro. Not Rodgers' fault. 2) we paid Costa's release clause and he didn't want to leave Atleti at the time. 3) we would have paid whatever the cost of Sanchez was but he rejected us for Arsenal.

We tried, but didn't succeed.

Top Bottom