• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Scum

"There was a load of old guys and this overgrown kid who was fighting everyone. He wasn’t scared of anything – an incredible personality. Technically, he wasn't brilliant; he just needed to understand his body better because he was slightly uncoordinated. But just look at him now. He’s a beast"

“I fought with everyone. I couldn’t control myself. I insulted everyone, I had no respect for the opposition – I thought I had to kill them.Boys who grew in academies are taught to control themselves and respect others, but no one ever told me otherwise. I was used to seeing players elbowing each other in the face and thought it was the norm.”

His influence grew, as did his notoriety. Across a two-week period against Real Betis, he was almost Spain’s most wanted man. In the Copa del Rey in late January 2013, Betis defender Antonio Amaya’s errant back header presented Costa with an open goal. “Thanks for the present,” shouted the devilish Costa, running towards the tunnel, to spark a huge brawl. “Doctor Diego, Mister Costa,” read Marca’s Jekyll and Hyde headline. “If my team-mates had not held me back, I’d have killed him,” hissed Amaya after the game. “That shows what kind of person he is: he has no heart and no shame.”

When the opportunity to join Chelsea arose this summer, Costa nearly refused, as he had done to Liverpool in August 2013. For the first time in his football career, even his life after his cousins’ bullying, he felt at Atletico like he belonged. “I don’t like moving house,” he has said. “I want to feel important.”

AkpmCMU.png

Also apparently Ramos convinced him to play for Spain... Despite how much they usually fight and spit on each other on the pitch

Right proper character.

There are several accounts for every manager. Why is that so funny?

Well, he's done good work, seems a bit OTT? Not a lot he could do about Suarez, even if he seemingly bought fairly poorly.

Who the fuck would they replace him with? Lolol. I assumed most of them were a joke anyway

"There was a load of old guys and this overgrown kid who was fighting everyone. He wasn’t scared of anything – an incredible personality. Technically, he wasn't brilliant; he just needed to understand his body better because he was slightly uncoordinated. But just look at him now. He’s a beast"

“I fought with everyone. I couldn’t control myself. I insulted everyone, I had no respect for the opposition – I thought I had to kill them.Boys who grew in academies are taught to control themselves and respect others, but no one ever told me otherwise. I was used to seeing players elbowing each other in the face and thought it was the norm.”

His influence grew, as did his notoriety. Across a two-week period against Real Betis, he was almost Spain’s most wanted man. In the Copa del Rey in late January 2013, Betis defender Antonio Amaya’s errant back header presented Costa with an open goal. “Thanks for the present,” shouted the devilish Costa, running towards the tunnel, to spark a huge brawl. “Doctor Diego, Mister Costa,” read Marca’s Jekyll and Hyde headline. “If my team-mates had not held me back, I’d have killed him,” hissed Amaya after the game. “That shows what kind of person he is: he has no heart and no shame.”

When the opportunity to join Chelsea arose this summer, Costa nearly refused, as he had done to Liverpool in August 2013. For the first time in his football career, even his life after his cousins’ bullying, he felt at Atletico like he belonged. “I don’t like moving house,” he has said. “I want to feel important.”

AkpmCMU.png

Also apparently Ramos convinced him to play for Spain... Despite how much they usually fight and spit on each other on the pitch

Thanks for the present

:lol:lol:lol

£150m well spent

Well, generally speaking, yeah it was. I like pretty much all of our new buys, with the main question mark being over Falcao because of his fitness. I think we bought in postions that needed improving too, again with perhaps the exception of Falcao.

The real criticism I have is that we didn't spend more.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wonder if Herrera will play, really like him, though a bit lightweight.

Cant seem to fit him in under current plans if we need Fellas physicality

Wonder if Herrera will play, really like him, though a bit lightweight.

Cant seem to fit him in under current plans if we need Fellas physicality

He should.

His movement of the ball, runs he makes, space he creates is great. His link up play is great.

If you look at City game, Herrera could have easily played in Rooney's role.

Any Liverpool fan who wants Rodgers out as of now is a massive tit.

Make some tweaks to the scouting system and transfer commitee, give them carte blanche in January to make the changes they feel necessary (even if that means doing a Robbie Keane and selling one of the new players already) as long as we don't break FFP, and see where we are in May.

If the season is a complete disaster, by all means give him a picture of a Spitfire and let him go. If we have a bit of a renaissance as we did between January and May 2013, keep him on. Not like there's a huge group of managers we can attract who would probably do a better job anyway.

Unless of course we get worse and worse, to the point where his position is simply untenable at some stage this season. We've all seen how quickly situations become unfixable in football, though as Newcastle have showed, even the seemingly unfixable can sometimes be turned around in a matter of a fortnight.

We need to go on a run like they have, and soon. Season has been ludicrously 1 step forward, 2 steps back so far, can't seem to put 2 decent performances together.

Barry Glendenning is a tit btw

wedward

Any Liverpool fan who wants Rodgers out as of now is a massive tit.

Make some tweaks to the scouting system and transfer commitee, give them carte blanche in January to make the changes they feel necessary (even if that means doing a Robbie Keane and selling one of the new players already) as long as we don't break FFP, and see where we are in May.

If the season is a complete disaster, by all means give him a picture of a Spitfire and let him go. If we have a bit of a renaissance as we did between January and May 2013, keep him on. Not like there's a huge group of managers we can attract who would probably do a better job anyway.

Unless of course we get worse and worse, to the point where his position is simply untenable at some stage this season. We've all seen how quickly situations become unfixable in football, though as Newcastle have showed, even the seemingly unfixable can sometimes be turned around in a matter of a fortnight.

We need to go on a run like they have, and soon. Season has been ludicrously 1 step forward, 2 steps back so far, can't seem to put 2 decent performances together.

Barry Glendenning is a tit btw

No matter how poorly this season goes I don't think you should sack Rodgers. What's the point? You aren't going to attract a top name so you will just be taking a risk with another young manager.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
i just checked the available seats, and a lot of the ones in the very middle are taken.

not sure if i should go. it's raining, too.

maybe i'll just stay in, and watch beginners again.
Xlz1iA4.png

Hahahah speaking of which, our seats were fucking AWFUL so we walked out in the first 10 min

Matthew was playing his character in True Detective btw :lol Jesus fuck :lol

Anyway, two hours to go till the next showing :( with proper seats this time

No matter how poorly this season goes I don't think you should sack Rodgers. What's the point? You aren't going to attract a top name so you will just be taking a risk with another young manager.

I think that's a silly view to take tbh. There is always, always the chance that things will get worse if you stick with a manager. If we're truly terrible next May, having made yet more poor buys in January, and looking like we're still on a downward trajectory, things may have to change regardless of the managers lining up to replace him.

I don't think things will get to that point, but its a possibility.

Look at Moyes last year. Even if the only options for Man Utd had been Pochettino, Martinez and Koeman (no disrespect to them, but they were all at a level that Man Utd fans wouldn't have been particularly happy with at the time,) it was obvious that Moyes needed to go and he hadn't earned any faith that he could turn it around, let alone enough faith to trust him with a big transfer window.

bud

Hahahah speaking of which, our seats were fucking AWFUL so we walked out in the first 10 min

Matthew was playing his character in True Detective btw :lol Jesus fuck :lol

Anyway, two hours to go till the next showing :( with proper seats this time

i didn't end up going either. might go to the midnight showing, though.

Top Bottom