• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

L1NETT

Peaky Blinders series finale

iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

The Fall series 2 and Babylon start within a fortnight

iU9wk9lPdhHay.png

yes TV

Peaky Blinders is a shit title. I can't watch anything called that.

you read these threads though

they always have shit titles.

Jarnet87

Another international break coming up, kill me now. Can we at least get 3 points with some style to hold us over for 2 weeks.

Expecting De Gea; Valencia, McNair, Carrick, Shaw; Blind, Fellaini, Di Maria, Mata; Rooney, RVP.

Esch

Banned
How is that funny?

yeah, sad business

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29953640

Leeds United served with winding-up petition

Leeds United have been served with a winding-up petition by law firm Ford & Warren Solicitors over unpaid fees.
The fees, which date back to when former Chelsea chairman Ken Bates, 82, owned the Championship club, amount to about £150,000.
The petition is set to be heard at Leeds Combined Court on 13 January.
Bates sold Leeds to GFH Capital in December 2012 before Italian businessman Massimo Cellino bought a majority share in April 2014.
Nick Collins, senior partner at Ford & Warren, told BBC Radio Leeds: "This is not a dispute with Mr Cellino. This is something he has inherited from the previous ownership of the club.
"We bear no ill-will towards Mr Cellino and we wish him well. I genuinely hope we can resolve this amicably but we must do what is necessary to protect our clients' position."
The Elland Road side are currently 17th in the Championship, with no wins in their last eight matches.

El Topo

Wiese will soon have talks about a potential wrestling career? This might really happen? YES MOYES! It would be the best thing ever.

Hixx

That reminds me I need to go finish SO.

My favourite reference in it (so far) was definitely "there's always money in the banana stand".

wedward

I think that's a silly view to take tbh. There is always, always the chance that things will get worse if you stick with a manager. If we're truly terrible next May, having made yet more poor buys in January, and looking like we're still on a downward trajectory, things may have to change regardless of the managers lining up to replace him.

I don't think things will get to that point, but its a possibility.

Look at Moyes last year. Even if the only options for Man Utd had been Pochettino, Martinez and Koeman (no disrespect to them, but they were all at a level that Man Utd fans wouldn't have been particularly happy with at the time,) it was obvious that Moyes needed to go and he hadn't earned any faith that he could turn it around, let alone enough faith to trust him with a big transfer window.

Fair enough.

I think I probably just assume all Liverpool fans feel about him the way Arnie does.

Just finished watching Remaking the Legend - Halo 2: Anniversary

1 hour long, good for a Halo fan

Soooo many fun memories.

But also reminds me of my best friend and so much fun we used to have playing Halo :(

The male voice is terrible. I much preferred the female one, although the sound quality of the video doesn't help. I thought the shoutout was funny, although its quite an obscure one in the landscape of things for most people.

Ending was bitchin' though. 40 hours into that game. GOTY for me

More rumours linking us with Pique. Jose pls, are you trying to kill the club?

dc89

Just finished watching Remaking the Legend - Halo 2: Anniversary

1 hour long, good for a Halo fan

Soooo many fun memories.

But also reminds me of my best friend and so much fun we used to have playing Halo :(

The original Halo reveal at Mac World.
How the one dude came up with the melody for the theme music.

Soooo gooooood.

Carbonox

Cast was removed and I have a straight nose again. Now I can pick it again with aplomb. Fiver goes to the one who picks the biggest.

K1LLER7

Watched the LVG press Conference.

Seems like he'll stick with the 433/451 formation for now. When Falcao was mentioned, he made his point of having a balanced team, "team > inidividual", and how he's changed the structure of his team 3 times to get that. However, I would rather we set up with Di Maria playing inside. He's not looked too good out wide as he constantly goes in and out of games. We also have nobody to drive forward from midfield with any pace, although tbf Rooney did it well (at times) vs City.

Looking forward to the game. We should/have to beat Palace and go on a run of wins now.

Clegg

We could also potentially play Blind at CB and Carrick in midfield. He has the ability to play it from the back at least. Carrick has the height though. We're in trouble either way tbf.

Repeated injuries? How many times?

Every time he's out it's due to his ankle. Even when he doesn't get taken out he limps at times during games. Viva and I were wondering if it's due to him growing, but it's still a concern.

Ravel failed us due to shit attitude
Pogba left us due to Fergie's lack of trust in him

I can't imagine how upset I would be if Wilson fails due to injuries.

We've had some great talents in the past 3-4 years.

Every time he's out it's due to his ankle. Even when he doesn't get taken out he limps at times during games. Viva and I were wondering if it's due to him growing, but it's still a concern.

Ravel failed us due to shit attitude
Pogba left us due to Fergie's lack of trust in him

I can't imagine how upset I would be if Wilson fails due to injuries.

Fergie fucked up big time with Pogba :(

Top Bottom