• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

3Sixty

Premier League ‏@premierleague 4m4 minutes ago

.@SouthamptonFC are the 11th side in #BPL history to have conceded 5 or fewer goals after 11 games

Thats....

Not actually that impressive :lol

tolkir

5 wins in a row. Next match: Real Madrid.

B19DpkIIEAArpXi.jpg:large

Seems that Moyes got a job in Spain.

“These debates that I hear are a joke, a farce,” the Arsenal manager says. “People who have managed altogether zero games, they teach everybody how you should behave. It’s a farce. Honestly, I cannot even be upset about it.”

iiua15MM00Hgw.png

Merson said of Arsenal which provoked a withering response from Wenger, who inherited the player in 1996 before selling him the following year to Middlesbrough. “I managed him. I tried. I’m not interested in Paul Merson,” Wenger says.

ix5hNAArIgXiW.png

“I just can tell you again – when you have the ball, you attack,” Wenger maintains. “When you don’t, you defend. And we are the only English team to score three goals in the Champions League this week! .

“Where we are guilty is we conceded three goals. It’s accidental and you can say what you want, because the first goal turned the game. When you see the first goal – that is when you see people just want to slaughter us. Nobody speaks about the fact that the goal was offside. Not one person. Why?

iU9wk9lPdhHay.png

I can't even build any excitement for Arsenal's game tomorrow. I'm so disappointed by how we've performed in CL that it has taken away some of the excitement of the team this season. With the new arrival and the new season I was looking forward to our potentiality but every game just makes us look to be more and more in shambles. This season has really made me feel that sometimes Alexis is our only top-class player while the rest range from quite good to mediocre.

edit: christ those comments. An offside goal or not, you don't go on to concede two goals in a CL game. You don't throw away a three goal lead.

Clegg

Everyone needs to watch MotD to see Woods' miss for Leicester just after Southampton go 2-0 up.

It was Welbeckian in stature.

Linius

It's not a party if you're own your own?

Figure of speech m8

I can't be out and about every night. For some reason I'm usually at home during the weekends and out during the week. Oh well.

I planned on playing Shovel Knight, but being busy with a stupid homework thing all night killed my mood.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I can't even build any excitement for Arsenal's game tomorrow. I'm so disappointed by how we've performed in CL that it has taken away some of the excitement of the team this season. With the new arrival and the new season I was looking forward to our potentiality but every game just makes us look to be more and more in shambles. This season has really made me feel that sometimes Alexis is our only top-class player while the rest range from quite good to mediocre.

edit: christ those comments. An offside goal or not, you don't go on to concede two goals in a CL game. You don't throw away a three goal lead.

what about welgod m8

Adnan looked so sad when he got subbed.

He's lucky in that he's the only other winger we have to play in this formation.

Although both Rooney and Mata were wide today so maybe not.

RiggyRob

I was worried we'd drawn today considering the game was after Burnley vs Hull on the MotD schedule, good for Mata to score and get the win.

Looking at the table though, still 9 points off Southampton, they're doing incredibly well.

Bold One

Adnan looked so sad when he got subbed.

He's lucky in that he's the only other winger we have to play in this formation.

Although both Rooney and Mata were wide today so maybe not.

He keeps pissing away his chances, all our attackers seem to be making the wrong decisions in the final 3rd

Top Bottom