• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Szczesny can't distribute, Arteta doesn't have legs, Flamini should be given as little space to cover as possible. Cazorla aside (hardly a matchwinner these days), literally every single attacking player we have is at their best on the break. The entire team, front to back, is built to sit and counter. Our current circumstance means we don't really have a choice but to sit and counter or we'll leak goals like crazy. But we don't because reasons.

I'm not a football manager though so pls ignore.

Lightning

Banned
It's the exact same year after year though, we even have the money at this point and the manager chose not to invest it into the squad. It's even basic stuff like setting up the team, what formation to use, what tactics, how to adapt to different teams he doesn't have a clue.
We only have roughly 30m spare in the bank and Wenger brought in 5 players last window. With that money one could get a Schneiderlin or Bender maybe but you would not be able to fix all the issues. Besides, buying more players, which we need to do, is not our biggest problem. We have too many of the same type of players at the club which holds everyone back combined with Wenger's tactics, or lack of tactics.

confuziz

Banned
25329b64-2550-4d90-8882-8a21cde10348_1415-HERPSV4685.jpg

That beast. Maybe in the city XI next year?

jtb

Banned
it was obvious what was needed before the season started. We needed a better dm, a cb of high quality and a reliable striker up top. People have been saying this for a while.

we only (sorta) nicked one of those. Alexis and Welbz have done well, but I see lots of spotty play from the latter.

those have been needs for years. never replaced RVP and Wenger will never ever ever buy a DM. the closest he's come is "buying" a washed up Flamini on a fucking free.

and not only that, Wenger's tactics are horrific and totally counterintuitive to the type of situations where we actually succeed. we have super pacey players in Sanchez, Theo, Ox, Welbeck, etc.—so clearly we should slow the game down as much as possible in order to get the most out of them.

The amount of chances we pissed away in this game is staggering.

But hey, it worked out anyways. Thanks, Kramer.

Out of the relegation spots, yay :D

Jin_7

Großkreutz, you'd be better off supporting Dortmund from the Süd instead of setting foot on the damn football pitch.

Hixx

Who the fuck is Shinobi though?

Shinobi started off as some guy on here who was like a fucking news aggregator in the same way Wario64 was.

I dunno how he went from that to having sources but he either has pretty good ones or has incredible luck with his predictions.

Linius

25329b64-2550-4d90-8882-8a21cde10348_1415-HERPSV4685.jpg

That beast. Maybe in the city XI next year?

Haha

Jokes m8

Have to admit I was pretty mad when PSV still scored. I never believed in Heracles to begin with, but when it's still 1-1 in the final minutes you feel like it's happening. Now I know how you guys felt most of last season ;)

confuziz

Banned
Haha

Jokes m8

Have to admit I was pretty mad when PSV still scored. I never believed in Heracles to begin with, but when it's still 1-1 in the final minutes you feel like it's happening. Now I know how you guys felt most of last season ;)

more like most of the last centuries amirite

in other news...

B2BPcfqIIAIvp-P.jpg

Top Bottom