• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

I don't know why anyone would trust 343 anyway

They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt

edit: lol just seen cartoon soldier's "fuck being informed" post

You mean that cboat that said XB1 will launch with an OS that won't work?

If he is right, that sucks. But it's not like I will stop playing Halo because it has ADS lol

It was Thuway and Famous Mortimer that said that or at least, they were the ones that doubled down on it being a train wreck? I think CBOAT said there were issues but they'd be ironed out for launch - and they were. Who knew an in development product would be buggy...

Shinobi is really reliable, CBOAT is weird, the other two aren't worth the time it took to type this post.

Pennywise

You mean that cboat that said XB1 will launch with an OS that won't work?

If he is right, that sucks. But it's not like I will stop playing Halo because it has ADS lol

He said it was shit at that moment, which was true according to multiply sources.
He also said that they might be able to fix the OS until launch.

They did, good for the users.

Lightning

Banned
Hopefully Roy plays Clyne instead of Chambers. Chambers needs a good kick up the ass to improve his game.

And fuck Monreal at centre back. I really like Monreal but not playing cb.

I don't know why anyone would trust 343 anyway

They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt

After Destiny, it's not like Bungie is doing any better. I will hold my judgement until revel and some beta time.

It was Thuway and Famous Mortimer that said that or at least, they were the ones that doubled down on it being a train wreck? I think CBOAT said there were issues but they'd be ironed out for launch - and they were.

Shinobi is really reliable, CBOAT is weird, the other two aren't worth the time it took to type this post.

Yea, then that sucks.

At the end of the day, ADS is present in every shooter now. So, just have to see now how it plays.

If it still retains the big health pool, not I fire first, I win it could be fine.

The Halo fun has been that you can survive after being shot, you can out maneuver an ambush and gain the advantage. It is slow and steady.

Linius

more like most of the last centuries amirite

in other news...

B2BPcfqIIAvp-P.jpg

You're confusing us with Twente m8

dc89

what's wrong with ads and sprinting in halo?

i've never played halo. help me understand.

Hmm you might not understand Bud but Halo is pretty tactical? You ever played Counter Strike? It's similar to that in terms of there are limitations from what we now know as an FPS, so no sprint and no ADS.

It forces you to think about how, who and when you engage as you simply can't sprint away. If you find yourself in a 2/3 on 1 situation you often wind up dead and fast. You can't just headshot and sprint and cover and headshot and stuff.

Yea, then that sucks.

At the end of the day, ADS is present in every shooter now. So, just have to see now how it plays.

If it still retains the big health pool, not I fire first, I win it could be fine.

I don't think just because a feature is used in a lot of game thats make its a good idea if its not Halo.

Halo MCC is out on Tuesday and everyone who gets it is in the Halo 5 beta, regardless of whether you like the changes for Halo 5 it would be stupid not to play it and see what it was liked, if you hate it - fair enough, but give that feedback.

The 343i head of studio didn't seem too concerned when she tweeted about the leak so perhaps there is a little more to it

Yen

The "is drive club the worst launch ever" reminds me of the fact that I once bought a Championship Manager game on the PS2 which shipped without an option to save.

LTWheels

Halo was a console interpretation of arena shooter - based around weapon spawn map control, with the gun, grenade, melee combat flow.

Not a stop and pop aim down the sights game. Completely changes the pacing.

I don't think just because a feature is used in a lot of game thats make its a good idea if its not Halo.

Halo MCC is out on Tuesday and everyone who gets it is in the Halo 5 beta, regardless of whether you like the changes for Halo 5 it would be stupid not to play it and see what it was liked, if you hate it - fair enough, but give that feedback.

The 343i head of studio didn't seem too concerned when she tweeted about the leak so perhaps there is a little more to it

There is more to it, I am sure.

We have a few seconds of blurry, bad footage.

Randdalf

Hmm you might not understand Bud but Halo is pretty tactical? You ever played Counter Strike? It's similar to that in terms of there are limitations from what we now know as an FPS, so no sprint and no ADS.

It forces you to think about how, who and when you engage as you simply can't sprint away. If you find yourself in a 2/3 on 1 situation you often wind up dead and fast. You can't just headshot and sprint and cover and headshot and stuff.

FYI in Counter-Strike everybody is running by default and there is a button to walk rather than the other way around.

FYI in Counter-Strike everybody is running by default and there is a button to walk rather than the other way around.

Yea, in Halo the default speed is pretty quick. No option to walk though.

I think even with Sprint, as long as people are spawning with the same weapon sets, abilities, etc, it will be good. Don't need Destiny or CoD style leveling making someone better than everybody else on the map.

dc89

I never knew this :0

But in CS you can't aim down sights so I guess that's one similarity. And I gues knowing and learning the maps is key in both games if you want to be better than average. I know this can be said about CoD but Halo, you have to learn where the better weapons spawn and try and control those areas etc.

You probably know this :lol but it's for Buds benefit.

The "is drive club the worst launch ever" reminds me of the fact that I once bought a Championship Manager game on the PS2 which shipped without an option to save.

I'm not even sure how anyone can ask that question, less than a year since Battlefield 4 was released. No option to save sounds hilarious though, I did not know about that haha

Facism

Gold Member

from my time playing Halo 3, the game was always about movement AND aim when engaging others. It had that OG PC fps magic of engaging everything you did without sacrificing the flow and idea of map control in order to succeed in games.

ADS is literally herpes when it comes to fps. It breaks the flow of movement and aim, the skill needed to manage them both in order to be successful. It lowers the skill-ceiling of what players can reach because you sacrifice mobility for aiming stability rather than combining both to prevail.

Same shit happened to killzone. KZ2 was sweaty as fuck, then they chased CoD money like a thirsty simp chasing the smell of drunk ass in birmingham nightclub.

Fuck ADS in the ass.

from my time playing Halo 3, the game was always about movement AND aim when engaging others. It had that OG PC fps magic of engaging everything you did without sacrificing the flow and idea of map control in order to succeed in games.

ADS is literally herpes when it comes to fps. It breaks the flow of movement and aim, the skill needed to manage them both in order to be successful. It lowers the skill-ceiling of what players can reach because you sacrifice mobility for aiming stability rather than combining both to prevail.

Same shit happened to killzone. KZ2 was sweaty as fuck, then they chased CoD money like a thirsty simp chasing the smell of drunk ass in birmingham nightclub.

Fuck ADS in the ass.

Agreed.

Good news is, if ADS is implemented like CoD on all weapons, the beta happens 10 months before launch, feedback will be provided, so maybe things will change.

Counter is being compared to CoD now

New low

Evilore burn this thread down

Chillax bro

why so angry

Facism

Gold Member
Agreed.

Good news is, if ADS is implemented like CoD on all weapons, the beta happens 10 months before launch, feedback will be provided, so maybe things will change.

Chillax bro

why so angry

I'm not so sure about that, meight :( ADS on weapons is something that's going to be written into the design, control and utility of the maps as well as the weapons. If they did away with ADS they'd be left with some hefty redesign and rebalancing of both.

I'm just hoping it's all complete bollocks and is just a new zoom for the BR because i'll probably be getting a bone next year when di ting hitz da streetz fam, atcha.

Top Bottom