• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Just watched the last 30 minutes of Milan vs San Lorenzo to see Mastour, who actually fell over trying to control the ball. But Torres is fucking complete and utterly dead. the guy is truly awful. I hope his family have been notified

L1NETT

Please be considerate with spoilers.

spoilers yen pls

it's common history.

knowing AC the assassin fuckwit probably signed the Tennis Court oath, wrote the Declaration of the Rights of Man and killed Robespierre and i dunno....bleedin Marat.

When Assasins Creed 83 is out, it will be about planting drugs on Rob Ford because reasons and hiding in Russian submarines in Sweden, before the new cold war.

Blablurn

From Eurogamer:

FIFA and PES seem to have swapped shirts, with neither catering to the original audience they once set out to attract. Based on this year's offerings, though, it's PES that has the clearer direction of where it's headed. Perhaps most tellingly of all, PES 2015 is more satisfying in defeat than FIFA 15 is in victory.

They gave it a 9.

PES-GAF rejoice!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Stick to the gump runs, Cola.

Why not both?

Crossfit intrigued me because it was kind of like the gump run of weightlifting "anywhere anytime any form" sort of approach. Then i saw what it was and realised id probably kill myself.

L1NETT

such a hipster

pahahaha sure why not

That series is such a waste my man. So many historical games are. Have the chance to indulge in so much interesting and under appreciated history and instead.....we get The French Rev and crap like Ryse.

Go on Ubi. Set AC in Tenochtitlan. Would be amazin

Aztec-capital-Tenochtitlan.jpg

Or Cuzco. Or the Carolingian Empire. Or the Risorgimento.

Wilbur

Banned
How are you m8? I miss you.

Surviving, mate. Surviving.

Yesterday I was just hanging in work and felt like just walking out. Fucking making chicken burgers for people who don't care who I am, who don't say thank you, who don't even know who is making their burger. Had a little existential crisis. There's people out there travelling through wormholes and I'm grillin wings.

Now, I'm alright. I'm alive. I have my health. I've watched MOTD and played some Call Of Duty. Pro Evo's getting good reviews. I still have Doctor Who to watch. I've had my first non runny shit since Friday.

What a time to be alive.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Does pes still have the master league? Is it any good? I always loved unearthing young prodigy's back in the old days of pes 5 and 6.

inky

Those look incredibly bad for your body...

I have no idea what crossfit actually is though

It's just a fad fitness program aimed at dumb people that makes exercising look "fun" and "extreme". So instead of carefully working select group muscles with proper technique to minimize injuries, you work a lot of them at once and throw some cardio into your power moves for kicks.

I mean, it's mostly gonna boil down to a good instructor identifying what's dangerous and what's not, and I'm sure there's "proper" crossfit moves out there that don't threaten your life, but mostly it's just this:

135398968420492142573057.gif

Do shit that you are obviously not supposed to do because "power and extreme bro!!!"

Kikarian

Saw someone at the gym today doing what I can only imagine is crossfit, he had a barbell and was throwing it in the air, jumping on a chair and trying to catch it. He failed twice and the gym staff intervened and told him to stop it.

Pretty much everyone was watching and as he walked past the peck deck machine someone muttered something, i assumed he said "prick".
:lol I can only see that just causing injury quick.

Crossfit isn't really that good anyway. Listen to the debate between Mark Rippetoe and some crossfit guy. The guy's points about crossfit just get completely demolished.

Carbonox

pahahaha sure why not

That series is such a waste my man. So many historical games are. Have the chance to indulge in so much interesting and under appreciated history and instead.....we get The French Rev and crap like Ryse.

Go on Ubi. Set AC in Tenochtitlan. Would be amazin

Or Cuzco. Or the Carolingian Empire. Or the Risorgimento.

I had no idea hipster history was a thing. There you go.

how good was the peaky blinders season 2 finale HOW GOOD

Kikarian

I have too stay out of my own thread cos I'm still on season 1 of Peaky Blinders. It's so tempting to see what people are saying about it.

Blablurn

Surviving, mate. Surviving.

Yesterday I was just hanging in work and felt like just walking out. Fucking making chicken burgers for people who don't care who I am, who don't say thank you, who don't even know who is making their burger. Had a little existential crisis. There's people out there travelling through wormholes and I'm grillin wings.

Now, I'm alright. I'm alive. I have my health. I've watched MOTD and played some Call Of Duty. Pro Evo's getting good reviews. I still have Doctor Who to watch. I've had my first non runny shit since Friday.

What a time to be alive.

You buying PES?

L1NETT

I had no idea hipster history was a thing. There you go.

how good was the peaky blinders season 2 finale HOW GOOD

it isn't you wally

some areas of more saturated than others sure. but trends of how to do history have been cyclical and will continue to be. History reflects contemporary issues. Hence why crusade historiography has leaned more into the jihad and counter crusades recently.

but yeah. Peaky Blinders was jolly fucking brilliant

gimme dat series 3. But Fall on Bablyon start this week. Get on dem Carbo m4

Wtf is this crap? The essence of the AC series is climbing big buildings... that picture it all looks like small 8 foot tall mud huts. No thanks man

pls be sarcastic. pls

AncientAmericaAztecsTenochtitlan.jpg

Elchele

From Eurogamer:

FIFA and PES seem to have swapped shirts, with neither catering to the original audience they once set out to attract. Based on this year's offerings, though, it's PES that has the clearer direction of where it's headed. Perhaps most tellingly of all, PES 2015 is more satisfying in defeat than FIFA 15 is in victory.

They gave it a 9.

PES-GAF rejoice!

damn, the king really is back
I should have waited. I'm never trusting fucking Quiche about games, he hyped FIFA 15 like crazy for weeks and then when I had already purchased it, he started to say it was shit. pls

inky

From Eurogamer:

They gave it a 9.

PES-GAF rejoice!

Doesn't mean shit when PC version is still an afterthought, and online code will probably suck again.

L1NETT

lol

Notice I said the word CLIMB...all those buildings you show there have stairs lmao. Once again, no thanks man. I'd take climbing Notre Dame over oversized staircases anyday

i think they should set next years AC in 2014 downtown dubai

the burj khalifa is well tall. Imagine all that climbing

i'd be like tom cruise

:p

----

Cyrus Christie called up to the Rep of Ireland squad Fortune!

Well deserved that. Been playing good for the Rams apparently.

Next Assassins Creed should be set in the nineties in Norwich.

That's close enough to medieval Europe. I'll take it

i think they should set next years AC in 2014 downtown dubai

the burj khalifa is well tall. Imagine all that climbing

i'd be like tom cruise

:p
If they can find a non contrived way to not just shoot or arrest a dude climbing on private property, I'd be down for one set entirely in the modern age. Don't think Dubai's skyline is packed enough for that though. Something like Barcelona or Kyoto would be neat.

In any case you're probably being sarcastic :(

Cyrus Christie called up to the Rep of Ireland squad Fortune!

Well deserved that. Been playing good for the Rams apparently.

Good for him. He can pair up with Keogh at club & international level. We seem to have a specialty in Black Irish players with Phil Babb, Clinton Morrison & Leon Best having played for us before.

What do you make of this?

Dejan Lovren Reliving Lyon Nightmare at Liverpool

I didn't really know about him until he came to Southampton but it seems maybe he might be out of his depth at Liverpool

Can't recall much from his time at Lyon.

He looks like a different player right now though. I don't think he was that good for Saints but he didn't make the errors he is making right now.

Like - it just looks like he has no idea where to stand or how to attack the ball. Very bizarre. Look a rash defender.

faridmon

I'm only on the main menu of Dead Space 3 and it's already pissing me off lol

So many unnecessary animations
CNmCbSf.png

Such a shitty game.

Went to Oxford for the weekend to stay with the a friend. By god, do people love overdressing themselves over there or what?

Great City mind, but full of hipsters!

Top Bottom