• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

L1NETT

Fuck FIFA and PES

If you like football go outside and play a 5 v 5

can't yurt

broken britain

full of chavs and druggies

#votemiliband I mean look at this sexy beast

slide_350378_3760627_free.jpg

Randdalf

Will probably be able to hear the crowd at the Preston game from our house tonight. Last time that happened was when Havant played Swansea (and they went on that run to play against Liverpool).

wedward

I'm done with Wenger now. Cant stand the man. Need a new manager who isn't tactically inept and doesn't make the team a bunch of pussies.

I am ready for a change but I don't think he should be sacked. I think he should be able to see out the end of his contract. If we haven't improved I don't think he should be offered a new one.

He deserves a shot at building a squad with the money he helped the club earn. He has had a season and a half of being able to financially compete with the other top clubs and I think he should be given enough time to really build a squad with that money. Wenger has not done as well as he should have, but I don't think we should sack him.

Fuck FIFA and PES

If you like football go outside and play a 5 v 5

I wish Fifa street would make a good comeback but I'm afraid it's dead

All the EA street games were really unique and 'incredible'

Fifa street, NBA street and even NFL street

Those were the days

I am ready for a change but I don't think he should be sacked. I think he should be able to see out the end of his contract. If we haven't improved I don't think he should be offered a new one.

He deserves a shot at building a squad with the money he helped the club earn. He has had a season and a half of being able to financially compete with the other top clubs and I think he should be given enough time to really build a squad with that money. Wenger has not done as well as he should have, but I don't think we should sack him.

Your best hope is you finish 5th and he resigns in shame.

Lightning

Banned

We won't sack him either way and I doubt he will quit until he's achieved what his goals are. Wenger made smart purchases over the summer, question mark on Debuchy, but unfortunately left us 2 players short and we still haven't been able to solve these injuries. We haven't been able to field our best back 4 so far this season which is a shame.

Debuchy and Koscielny can't return quick enough. That swansea and Anderlecht bullshit would not have happened had they been playing.

Wenger really needs a cb and a dm in january though. They need to be first team material, Mertesacker to the bench, then we will have a fine squad.

Especially if you aren't in college anymore, and in another fucking country

Okay I'll take one PES

When I was at school you could get 22 people together at 4 easy. At uni you could get 30-40 people to come to Goals in the evening. Now even when I play with my mates' employer who pays for the pitch they struggle to get 10. People just don't care enough. Kill me.

wedward

We won't sack him either way and I doubt he will quit until he's achieved what his goals are. Wenger made smart purchases over the summer, question mark on Debuchy, but unfortunately left us 2 players short and we still haven't been able to solve these injuries. We haven't been able to field our best back 4 so far this season which is a shame.

Debuchy and Koscielny can't return quick enough. That swansea and Anderlecht bullshit would not have happened had they been playing.

Wenger really needs a cb and a dm in january though. They need to be first team material, Mertesacker to the bench, then we will have a fine squad.

Agreed. He is just very stubborn in the market. I have no doubt he wanted a CB and DM but if he can't get the players he wants he isn't going to buy anyone. I suppose that is because he knows his job is safe and can afford to wait for the players he wants.

Your best hope is that you finish 5th, get to CL final, win the FA cup.

But he resigns as you didn't qualify for CL.

We'll finish top 4. Really not worried about that. We have Ozil, Giroud, Kos and Debuchy all coming back before January.

He won't resign. If we finish outside of the top 4 he won't resign.

KidJr

We only have £20 million or so to spend in January according to bbc and few other sources, I see him making some bloody unknown purchases to paper over the cracks.

wedward

We only have £20 million or so to spend in January according to bbc and few other sources, I see him making some bloody unknown purchases to paper over the cracks.

Nobody knows how much money we have to spend.

That became pretty clear after last summer.

Scum

Benatia and Wanyama.

Salvadora

We're having a poor start to the season, without doubt, but a lot is still in the mix and to call for Wenger's head is premature despite it being partly/entirely his fault.

For one, Ozil/Giroud/Debuchy/Koscielny have been out for a long long period of time which makes things very difficult.

We could still come second/third/fourth despite all this though.

Lightning

Banned
These sites numbers are mostly bs. They throw estimates out there based on our financial records only.

KidJr

Nobody knows how much money we have to spend.

That became pretty clear after last summer.

I guess thats true, I always thought bbc was a little bit reliable source though.

We'll finish top 4. Really not worried about that. We have Ozil, Giroud, Kos and Debuchy all coming back before January.

He won't resign. If we finish outside of the top 4 he won't resign.

We miss him so so so so so much, not saying he's been great for us but he atleast gave us some rhythm. Everything is so disjointed without him.

We need a DM more the CB in my opinion, someone who can cover alot of ground and give our back four some bloody protection.

KidJr

These sites numbers are mostly bs. They throw estimates out there based on our financial records only.

I see, I mean transfer gossip I tend to ignore bar a few sources but I didnt know that about budgets as well.

That makes me feel better then, because I was wondering if there is any truth to the Hummels rumours how the hell would we afford him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The bantz still going strong.

Each of you propose a footygaf squad for 5 v 5.

---(GK)The Triglav that rides-----
-----------------Yurt----------
---------Carbo----Facism-----
------------------dc9 / Salazar----------

Coach: ShakeAppeal
Bench: Viva and Tom Hardy

Top Bottom