• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

KidJr

Money alone isn't what attract players. Its perspective and a proper chance of winning something and be relevant. The best players aren't alotted to PSG, City and Chelsea. They have some of them, true, but the best are still splitted over Real, Barca and Bayern. Arsenal simply failed to give those star players that chance. RVP left because he knew what was coming, Fabregas left for Barca, because it was the number 1 club at that time and Wenger again wouldn't spent some money for a decent replacment. After the glorious times with Henry, Bergkamp etc. Wenger and the club couldn't sustain that success because they clearly had no concept. The rest of the world moved on, Wenger didn't. That's why he brought up Metesacker, Podolski, Giroud or Özil. All decent players but nothing you can place as a trophy winning spine. Your club simply hesitated to risk something, to invest into perspective and philosophy . Bayern was there from 2002-2009 but we made that turn, because some people in our board saw the need of a structure and some financial risk in investing into international players like Ribery, Robben, Gomez and Neuer and were able to keep them. And our competition isn't Wolfsburg, Gladbach or even Dortmund, no it was back then and now Real, Chelsea, Barca, United, etc.

O common lol,

We've had a very clear philosophy. We had a choice, either go the external investment model or try to build a sustainable self running football club. We chose the latter, in order to do so, Highbury being 38,000 seater stadium was always going to be to our detriment so a new stadium was of the highest priority. Ofc we invested and took a risk by doing so, by taking shitty sponsorship deals so we could get our cash up front in order to fund are new stadium so we could compete with the likes of Chelsea etc over a long term period.

“We have always had one philosophy, and that’s not to spend more than we generate,

Thats a quote from your Cheif Exec!

Yet when Arsenal try to adhere to the same policies we get slated for not investing, not risking etc. It's ludicrous, Bayren debt is stupidly low, you are an extremely well run club which is something Arsenal are trying to work towards.

Apparently Ronaldo's nickname for Messi is "motherfucker".

Oh God, Guillem at it again, selling everyday normal encounters as some massive scoop. Look at this bollocks:

It happened at the Ballon d’Or 2012, the day Real Madrid President Florentino Pérez feared for the first time, according to Torres, that Ronaldo could end up at Barcelona.

Andrés Iniesta, Pep Guardiola and Vicente del Bosque were witnesses to the following: "On 7 January 2013, the president found himself in an isolated corner of a hall in the Kongresshaus Zürich, keeping an eye on Messi while he was being interviewed on television. Cristiano suddenly appeared at the other side of the hall. Then, exactly what the president had feared occurred. Messi called him over, Cristiano went, and they hugged just like children. Pérez confessed to his friends that he watched the scene in anguish. He felt danger. He could visualise everything. Cristiano would be free in January 2015 and then any club, Barcelona included, would be able to sign him without negotiating with Real Madrid."

:lol

Jack cw

Random Allegri supporter said:
... the massive gaping vagina that shits itself during big games...
...is back in the squad!
10710303_1027851810564843_2675300067938081945_o.jpg

Scum

Spurs folk, Kenneth Mcevoy been recalled from Peterboro

Poch gonna give the #prospects a chance over the lazy overpaid shitehawks you have at the mo?

"Hello. Perez? We sent McEvoy over in the deal. We still have Bale. Want to swap?"

I'll take any #prospects over goons like Ade and Kaboul.

Eugh

Someone's asked me to have a coffee with them at 5 "if I'm not busy".

Of course im not busy that's when everyone goes home.

I'm too nice
pussy
to say no. They better be paying.

Salazar

I'll take any #prospects over goons like Ade and Kaboul.

Kaboul and Walters should have agreed to do lasting damage to each other instead of handbags.

Eugh

Someone's asked me to have a coffee with them at 5 "if I'm not busy".

Best I've seen is a bear-hug followed up with a whispered "you're not angry at me, are you ?"

Some people are fuckin mad. Shannon Doherty tele-movie mad.

Salazar

Real carried-off-on-the-same-stretcher-cos-we-can't-tell-wots-wot mutual damage.

I'm going to be angry if Fellaini keeps his place over a fit Herrera.

His defensive contributions are like that fucking Goosebumps book where the scarecrow kept getting imperceptibly closer to the farmhouse. Conceptually intimidating, but it's no fucking practical bother is it. TOO FUCKING SLOW.

I refuse to commit to a real opinion on Phil Jones's return. I'd possibly prefer him to Valencia as backup RB to Raf.

Real carried-off-on-the-same-stretcher-cos-we-can't-tell-wots-wot mutual damage.

His defensive contributions are like that fucking Goosebumps book where the scarecrow kept getting imperceptibly closer to the farmhouse. Conceptually intimidating, but it's no fucking practical bother is it.

This...so this.

His defensive contributions are like that fucking Goosebumps book where the scarecrow kept getting imperceptibly closer to the farmhouse. Conceptually intimidating, but it's no fucking practical bother is it. TOO FUCKING SLOW.

I refuse to commit to a real opinion on Phil Jones's return. I'd possibly prefer him to Valencia as backup RB to Raf.

To be fair to Fellaini his defensive heading was pretty useful against Palace and his work against Fabregas was genuinely good. I'm more concerned about his ability to make telling passes in attack.

Falcao just posted a topless picture of himself with the caption "ready to train".

Suddenly my mango fruit pot tastes a lot better.

Delicious, on all fronts.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs folk, Kenneth Mcevoy been recalled from Peterboro

Poch gonna give the #prospects a chance over the lazy overpaid shitehawks you have at the mo?

I doubt it, more likely he's been recalled because he never plays. I imagine he will be loaned to a different club.

Hixx

"Bruce thoroughly enjoyed his time with Frank, who left the club's training ground with an armful of signed posters for his grandchildren.

He said: "I hope I look like that when I'm 92 but somehow I don't think I will be, especially after what happened to me at Sunderland!"

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

He's so bitter. Wonder if he'll be as bitter when Hull sack him.

LTWheels

Halo 5 multi looks potentially interesting.

Stuff like your shields won't charge whilst sprinting. The ADS sounds like it's a new animation for the 'zoom' rather than cod style. Descope is back as well.

Apparently the footage they have showed off his for a new round based game mode, where the damage is increased. So in the other modes the time to kill is the same as old halos.

Blablurn

Stuff like your shields won't charge whilst sprinting. The ADS sounds like it's a new animation for the 'zoom' rather than cod style. Descope is back as well.

Apparently the footage they have showed off his for a new round based game mode, where the damage is increased. So in the other modes the time to kill is the same as old halos.
I think so too. Halo is going to define this generation.

Fintan

I just can't get excited for or interested in a 343i Halo after being so thoroughly disappointed in Halo 4.

Im not a fan of ground pound, I dont think it should be insta-kill, it should just destroy your shield and then its up to you to melee them or something before they get you.

Some of the stuff (clamber, thrusters, ground pound) reminded me of Sunset Overdrive (im not sure if thats a bad thing or not).

They dun goofed with multiplayer in Halo 4 (campaign was the best since the original, for me) and they've seemingly fixed a lot of it, Im looking forward to trying it in 6 weeks or whenever it is

Hixx

Halo 5 looks ok. Was very worried after the info leaks but it's not this horrific Halo: SUPER ADVANCED WARFARE that it initially sounded like.

Top Bottom