• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Scum

I hope you cunts are not planning on buying Assassin's Creed: Unity. If so, then just send the money my way.

No. Arteta and Cazorla are good squad players to have.

Flamini can fuck off back to Milan.

Fair enough. Maybe he can take Ade with him. 😞

dc89

Fell asleep on Sunday so ended up watching LA Confidential last night. It's bloody brilliant isn't it?

Also MCC didn't get delivered today and I don't even have my Xbox with me but I'm still annoyed. Amazon Prime too. I hate myself sometimes.

Amazon prime - It's a joke isn't it?
Call em up, they'll give you £10 credit.

---

Watching The Hunger Games on Film4. Never seen it before.

arkon

😒

I read somewhere (might have been in World Soccer Magazine) that every bloody club wants him and that Liverpool are currently front runners to sign him.

Think he's a Liverpool fan but that shit doesn't always factor in.

3Sixty

Lads. Talk to me about Martin Odegaard.

odegaard-WIKI.jpg

Norwegian wonderkid Martin Odegaard continues to attract the attention of Europe’s top clubs and, when their transfer ban finally ends in January 2016, it is Barcelona who win the race for the 17-year-old starlet’s signature.

Odegaard is immediately dispatched to Barcelona B to develop, with the aim that the Norwegian Messi will follow the original to the Nou Camp in due course. However, he fails to make his mark with the reserves and in subsequent loan spells at nearby Segunda Division sides Llagostera and Sabadell, casting doubts over whether he made the big move too early.

After being farmed out again, first to Mallorca and then to AZ Alkmaar, Odegaard (still only 22) makes a permanent move to the Eredivisie club in the summer of 2021.
Odegaard

And this is where Odegaard’s odyssey begins. AZ, in turn, send the bewildered midfielder out on loan to Go Ahead Eagles, where he again fails to gather momentum. A belief-restoring Bosman return to his first club Stromsgodset sees Odegaard hit double-figures in a season for the first time and earns him a move to the Scottish Premiership with Motherwell.

Still the pressure is too much, and Odegaard sets off for pastures new in the United Arab Emirates, Belgium, the Russian second division, a loan spell in Armenia, before an unlikely season in the Solomon Islands sees him average more than a goal a game as he single-handedly drags Solomon Warriors to the OFC Champions League semi-finals. His South Pacific exploits attract the attention of Chinese League One club Guangdong Sunray Cave, but his stay at the Huangpu Sports Center is a brief one, and his journeyman adventures continue – taking in Welsh villages, Delhi, Tashkent and a curious spell in Macau where, despite Odegaard claiming to have scored 44 goals in a single season, no verifiable statistics were made available.

Now 33, and with 18 clubs in 14 countries under his belt, Odegaard tries his luck in the America with the Pittsburgh Riverhounds of the USL Pro League, but is released after one unspectacular season. Spells with Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City, Northern Premier League side Ramsbottom United and FC Santa Claus of Finland yield diminishing returns, before Odegaard returns to where it all began – he’s appointed player-manager of hometown club Stromsgodset in the 25th and final move of a quite fascinating career.

Lightning

Banned
You should add Flamini, Cazorla and Arteta to that mob too.
Flamini off contract at the end of the season so we'll be rid of him soon enough. Arteta good squad player and Cazorla is a good player in bad form. Hopefully he can turn it around as he's a quality player.

wedward

Arteta is dogshite.

Wouldn't even get in our squad let alone bloody team.

Nah, he is just old. Probably a better passer than anyone on your squad. Can't run though.

I regret bringing Flamini back tbh.

May have forced Wenger to buy a DM.

Convinced he wants one, but is only going to get the one he wants.

Probably be Schneiderlin this summer. Saints won't be top 4 come April and he will want CL football.

EmiPrime

I remember hoping we'd sign Schneiderlin and a CB. Those were the days.

Cazorla's form (more specifically his ability to actually kick the ball at the goal) is really worrying. He has had ample playing time this season too.

I'm going to the Dortmund, Southampton and Newcastle games. Giving United and QPR on Boxing Day a miss. We're still enjoyable to watch at home but away is really grim.

Blablurn

Oh shit. Just got Last of Us as well. 18€ for the Download Code. Never played it. I'm in for a treat : O

Dat 43.5GB Download tho haha

Sounds like Drive Club all over again? But since it's MS your fix will come in the next days. I'm sure I have to wait till next year with DriveClub lol.

Issue already acknowledged, being worked on. One patch deployed, more updates on the way.

Hoping it's all fixed by the time I get the game :D

Top Bottom