• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Steve, pls.
EuvEO5Z.png

Embargo ends Friday, 2 year dev cycle, it'll be fine.

AC has been getting shitty anyway. Look forward to Watch Dogs 2 at E3 next year btw!

Scum

Embargo ends Friday, 2 year dev cycle, it'll be fine.

AC has been getting shitty anyway. Look forward to Watch Dogs 2 at E3 next year btw!

Far Cry 4 will probably turn out good but pre ordering it? Just get Wooden or 'Quiche to find you a copy for cheap. Unless your pre order was cheap...

Far Cry 4 will probably turn out good but pre ordering it? Just get Wooden or 'Quiche to find you a copy for cheap. Unless your pre order was cheap...

£30 XB1 disc version, great price

I need the Nexus...

I pre-order to lock in the price, I don't believe in paying RRP

faridmon

Gareth Barry being injured for weeks instead of months is good news.
Can't wait untill Stones, Mirallas and him come back and with hopefully Barkey shake off his knock while Lukaku comes back to his senses and we consistently have a good run!

GAF opinions on most things are absolute shit anyway. According to GAF Nolan is garbage. Fuck that shit.

GAF opinions are shit, I agree, but Nolan ain't that good. Momento and The Prestige are amazing, but everything else is just style with little substance.

Jonathan > Cristopher

Gareth Barry being injured for weeks instead of months is good news.
Can't wait untill Stones, Mirallas and him come back and with hopefully Barkey shake off his knock while Lukaku comes back to his senses and we consistently have a good run!

Oh, Liverpool clubs

I hope this, that and the other happens, and if it coincides with Haley's Comet crashing into a blue moon which is also blocking the Sun, we can have a consistent, good run

Our seasons are write-offs. Accept it, embrace it, swap managers in June.

faridmon

Oh, Liverpool clubs

I hope this, that and the other happens, and if it coincides with Haley's Comet crashing into a blue moon which is also blocking the Sun, we can have a consistent, good run

I think something is off this year. Not only with Merseyside clubs but also with clubs such as Man City, Spurs and Arsenal. Players that were supposed to perform aren't and injuries are affecting all of them similarly.

I really don't know, I think the teams mentioned have underestimated the loads of this season it has on the squad as whole.

Yeah, maybe you are right. Its a right-off. Lets hope next season starts at brighter note.

I think Martinez have fucked it up this season. his reliance on some players to carry the whole team is just stupid. Barkley and Lukaku are young players who have no experience in raising the spirit of the team.

I fucking wish we had Tim Cahil right now, he would have kicked them down for just taking it easy!

Oh, Liverpool clubs

Speak for yourself man, Everton can at least qualify for the CL if they manage to win Europa League. Believe!

I think something is off this year. Not only with Merseyside clubs but also with clubs such as Man City, Spurs and Arsenal. Players that were supposed to perform aren't and injuries are affecting all of them similarly.

I really don't know, I think the teams mentioned have underestimated the loads of this season it has on the squad as whole.

Yeah, maybe you are right. Its a right-off. Lets hope next season starts at brighter note.

I think Martinez have fucked it up this season. his reliance on some players to carry the whole team is just stupid. Barkley and Lukaku are young players who have no experience in raising the spirit of the team.

I fucking wish we had Tim Cahil right now, he would have kicked them down for just taking it easy!

We need a Carragher, and that's very disappointing given the fact that he retired quite a while ago, and hasn't even been that good since 2007. Someone who basically scares their teammates by virtue of abusing them every time something goes wrong, even if it's his own fault :p

We can't even blame injuries tbh. We knew Sturridge is injury-prone, we declined Remy and spent a lot of money buying a player who should have been able to step in and step up when Sturridge is unavailable. The only other player with big injury issues this season for us is Flanagan, and Manquillo has been fine so that's no excuse either.

I imagine fans of Liverpool, Everton, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and City are very frustrated right now.

Liverpool - Had an exceptional season last year, can't string 2 wins together now, can't attack or defend, manager making poor decisions all over the place. Can't handle post-European games regardless of increased size of squad. Horrendous summer signings so far, little reason to be confident of imminent improvement. And the club we raided in the summer are making us look like even sillier cunts than we already would have.

Everton - Striker misfiring constantly, dropping points in games they should be winning, both centrebacks and goalkeeper in poor form compared to where they've been the last 2 seasons. Bad injury issues.

Man Utd - Spent a fuck-tonne over the summer, bought in a top manager, still look shit at the back and not where they need to be in attack. Bad injury issues especially defensively, summer money not spent evenly, defensive depth ignored. Things getting a little better, but wasted their run of easier fixtures.

Arsenal - Bought in an absolute beast of a player who is dragging them to results, but the same old weaknesses on display, midfield easily overrun, reliance on defenders who they shouldn't be relying on, ravaged by injuries, lack of mental fortitude, too many players who perform similar roles in attack. Then add Ramsey's poor form, and Ozil's lack of improvement/availability.

Spurs - Shocking lack of mentality throughout the team, last summer's flops no better now than they were then, can't handle post-European games. Paulinho continues to exist as an entity.

City - Won the title last year, brilliant platform to build on. Fuck-tonne of money spent in the summer. No reason they shouldn't be in a position now to dominate the league with Chelsea, the way Barca, Madrid and Atletico did last year in Spain. Instead, half of that money was spent on a shite defender who is seemingly the defensive version of Anichebe, all physical ability, little actual ability. Every single player in the squad aside from Aguero is having a worse season than they had last season, aside from perhaps Jovetic, and only by virtue of him actually being able to play. Seem to be severe motivational problems in the team, just as there were last time they struggled to play to their best after winning the league. Continue to be a joke in Europe, and look no closer to those elite European clubs than they did 4 years ago.

City will finish 2nd regardless, but the others should be severely pissed off. With everyone else in that group of teams playing like shit, that provided a massive window to coast into any position in the top 4 aside from 1st (which is Chelsea's and Chelsea's alone), and build enough of a gap already to make it very, very difficult for the others to catch them. As it is, we're all floundering like a bunch of fucking idiots in the wake of fucking Southampton and fucking West Ham, having to fucking scrape wins by our fingernails, and pretend that every decent result could be a springboard to a run of form. None of us deserve shit, we're all a mess to varying degrees.

Man Utd and City can at least brute force their way back into contention for next season even if they balls this one up, the rest of us though? We've proper fucked it if we don't finish 4th or above.

Scum

Oh. Hitch is in from work and after reading all that, we're truly dead. At least you have Sturridge to welcome back. We're going to get bukkaked by Hull.

Salazar

I'm frustrated, yeah - but I'm counting on that frustration being relieved by a few things.

Chiefly, Herrera and Carrick giving us a bit more zip and experience in the middle. Rafael, Evans, and Jones getting some fitness together is bloody necessary too.

Granted, Rooney and RVP and (inshallah) Rumbo need to start knocking in chances. I don't think any of them are comprehensively done as top top strikers.

DiMaria and Mata and Januzaj - fuck knows.

Scum

I'm frustrated, yeah - but I'm counting on that frustration being relieved by a few things.

Chiefly, Herrera and Carrick giving us a bit more zip and experience in the middle. Rafael, Evans, and Jones getting some fitness together is bloody necessary too.

Granted, Rooney and RVP and (inshallah) Rumbo need to start knocking in chances. I don't think any of them are comprehensively done as top top strikers.

What's wrong with Herrera anyway? Why is Felliani ahead of him all of a sudden??

Januzaj is playing too safe for my liking, while Di Maria's performances is a little weird to be honest. I rather like our diamond formation from before, we looked more alive back then.

Then again, it probably because Herrera was fit. We'll see if our formation with wingers becomes more solid in the Manchester United vs Arsenal match.

RVP can fuck off, such a waste on the pitch. Rooney is alright, but Mata is much better. Rumbo needs to be playing soon, he's such a joy to watch, you can always see him trying to find the best position. :(

What's wrong with Herrera anyway? Why is Felliani ahead of him all of a sudden??

I don't think he's at his best. LVG is not the kind to use a player if he's at risk of getting a longer term injury.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You should feel guilty about liking Interstellar. Haven't you read the GAF threads? It's a trash movie. Pure, unfiltered garbage.
Fuck them, it's one of the most enjoyable movies I've watched this year.

with Gone Girl being the distant best.
has jtb reviewed it yet?
jtb hates Nolan with a passion, it won't be pretty.
The Ubisoft stuff is fucking hilarious. Glad to see that Dragon Age is getting good marks. I'll probably buy it next weekend.
Do I need to upgrade my Windows 7 for this? ;_;

My PC is in a comatose state anyway without my Juve'd HDD ;_; PRIORITIES

Lightning

Banned
I'm frustrated because Wenger's left us high and dry in our defence and dm positions. Koscielny has had these achilles issues since preseason yet nothing was done about it, Mertesacker has played a shit tonne of football the past 18mths and the second Debuchy went down I knew we were fucked. Monreal is doing the best he can, as is Chambers but Monreal is not a centre back and can't out muscle strong attackers or deal with aerial threats. Chambers will be a great player but patience is required through the tough performances. Wenger forced this upon these players.

That shit is highly annoying and the main reason we're collapsing in key situations this season so far. Those Hull goals were a joke, same with Swansea. Just bullshit.

He runs the risk of Valencia syndrome, where every encounter with an opposing player becomes a static, tunnel-vision stand-off. KEEP THE BALL FUCKING MOVING.

Yeah.

At least he's learning under Van Gaal. I honestly think he won't go down the Valencia route after seeing the improvement of our other players.

Man, Fergie is the greatest manager in football but his last years didn't really bring out the best in our youths :p

Hindle

Banned
There are still devs that produce games with consistently high quality. FromSoftware, Naighty Dog, Rockstar North, Valve and Blizzard

ND games are an acquired taste, I can't stand how scripted they are personally. Rockstar last gen were mostly pretentious, with Max Payne and Red Dead being boring. They redeemed themselves with GTA V though.

Hindle

Banned
I so hope Southampton can get top 4, it would be awesome and hilarious at the same time. If they can come out of December with about 7 points, they're set.

elfinke

He runs the risk of Valencia syndrome, where every encounter with an opposing player becomes a static, tunnel-vision stand-off. KEEP THE BALL FUCKING MOVING.

Yeah he reminds me a tiny bit of a very young Premier League CR7. He has eyes - and skill - to beat a man (or three), but for the one or two times that happens and fills you with glee, he hits a rotten cross, misses an obvious pass (though that is systemic at Utd at the moment: too many flat passes and players with heads down when transitioning up the park, all symptoms of players working in a new formation and not being totally familiar - or trusting - with where team mates are) or you know, he gets tackled and turns over possession.

Exciting and frustrating to watch in equal amounts. I hope whoever is on the training park with him tells him to keep running at men and keep working hard.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No.....no....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

According to Webdehaber(WHAT?), Sneijder has his heart set on a return to Serie A, where he famously won The Treble with Inter in 2010.

It’s reported agent Guido Albers already met Juve directors in Turin and made it clear he wanted to join the Bianconeri in January.

Prandelli stahp

Shut up Wooden.
Ninja Blade was fine <3

:loooool Ninja Blade was fucking HILARIOUS! Wasn't it kinda a parody of action games? Or at least it felt like one..

Top Bottom