• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Lightning

Banned
At the end of the day, the feeling of winning will always trump the feeling of watching a few pretty passes.
That's where we are very different. The feeling of winning is worthless to me if I am not enjoying what I am watching. Whether Arsenal win or lose has zero influence on my life. Winning is always preferred and should be the ultimate goal but I'd take watching exciting football over winning any day.

I watch sport to be entertained not to say "Ohh goody your team sucks my team won". Winning is the goal but entertainment is just as important.

Abraxas

Any news on De Gea's injury?

If its a straight dislocation, he could probably play against arsenal, but he would most likely have to wear a special glove. If he has done something more serious, like fractured it, it could be weeks. Have you guys signed Valdes yet?

Also, its not like arsenal actually shoot when we play united.

---------

Bundes-GAF do you think there is any chance for either Bender brother to leave this january?

Lightning

Banned
Mancio back at Inter. Sensational. Good luck to the MCFC legend.
MCFC legend? That's why City shamelessly let speculation mount over his future and then sacked him despite him getting you second and to the FA cup final that year and winning the league the previous year? Oh yea, City sure are a class act.

K1LLER7

If its a straight dislocation, he could probably play against arsenal, but he would most likely have to wear a special glove. If he has done something more serious, like fractured it, it could be weeks. Have you guys signed Valdes yet?

---------

Bundes-GAF do you think there is any chance for either Bender brother to leave this january?
Think its a dislocation. Hopefully we can get him fit for the Arsenal game. Reports say ~4 weeks though :(

Think the Valdes signing may happen in the summer/Jan. Would be a pretty good back-up keeper.

If they do get them, there is a catch to it I'm sure. I've seen this play out too many times now. Eden Hazard will be at Real Madrid next year.

It might not happen, but I will be surprised if it doesn't.

Bale won't happen. No way will Chelsea try and fit both Bale, Reus, Oscar and Hazard into a team and doubt Chelsea will let Hazard go. Reus might though.

Blablurn

---------

Both team are in the CL, will make it to the next round and have no money problems. 0%.

Bundesliga team usually don't sell important players in the winter.

LTWheels

I had a strange dream last night. Bare with me.

It was basically this advert, combined with Space Jam and Star Wars.

Aliens turned up from the Sensible World of Soccer, who challenged us, Earth, to a game of football. We lose, and our governmenst crumble as our faith in football has been lost resulting in the invasion and occupation of our planet.

Professional footballers are rounded up and put in concentration/labour camps around the world. Cristiano Ronaldo ends up defecting and being one of the generals of the alien's footballing army. The other general is Messi who is a small alien that is half-cyborg.

20 or so years past, and names of footballers becomes myths amongst the younger generation. Mourinho is living as a hermit hiding from the authorities. He spots a child with potential and start to train him.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone managed to get Far Cry 4 cheaper than £40 on pc?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
_56440757_56440756.jpg

leadbelly

Banned
Bale won't happen. No way will Chelsea try and fit both Bale, Reus, Oscar and Hazard into a team and doubt Chelsea will let Hazard go. Reus might though.

Well, just read this:

Eden Snubs Real Madrid.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/eden-hazard-snubs-real-madrid-4603150

I'd like think that is true because usually Real Madrid get their man. There are very few occasions when they don't. All the rumours about Bale going is interesting. They wouldn't sell him without there being other players lined up.

It seems United are still after Ronaldo as well. You seem to get those rumours every month without anything happening. United want him, but he never seems interested in going.

bud

That's where we are very different. The feeling of winning is worthless to me if I am not enjoying what I am watching. Whether Arsenal win or lose has zero influence on my life. Winning is always preferred and should be the ultimate goal but I'd take watching exciting football over winning any day.

I watch sport to be entertained not to say "Ohh goody your team sucks my team won". Winning is the goal but entertainment is just as important.

so you're not really an arsenal fan; you just like watching football.

you should follow clubs like bayern and madrid, then.

KidJr

I remember watching the sexy football of the Fabregas years and thinking sure we might not be winning but at least this football is good. Now I just look back on those years with deep hatred. A waste of so much potential

So true, Hleb is one of the biggest mistakes we ever made (in selling him) when talking about wasted potential.

I'm hung over and in bed but getting the silent treatment from the gf, who's in bed next to me, so decided to go cafe to get us some breakfast. God does everything taste better hung over

Blablurn

I kinda enjoy how people decribe and see Bayern as a European giant these days <3 Nobody cared about us in the 90s and 00s. What a time to be alive.

Remember when Juve was world class?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
. @Shanks

Mancini should really release a bio called The Accidental Winner. As you know, in 2006-2007, we were not even the league and Milan and the other big clubs were substantially weakened (with point deductions and bans) so he had essentially no competition whatsoever :lol

And even backed with oil money, he fucking needed a United meltdown of Roma proportions to win it on GD :lol and of course his record in Europe speaks for itself, Juve-esque.

He's genuinely a bad and negative pussy of a coach and I wouldn't want him to replace Wenger of all managers

Scum

BBC said:
TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester United will have to battle Barcelona for the signature of Cristiano Ronaldo next summer after the Catalan side ramped up their interest in the 29-year-old Real Madrid forward. (Daily Star)
Arsenal have set their sights on a move for 27-year-old Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Lars Bender. (Daily Express)
Liverpool are set to make a £25m bid for Chelsea's 24-year-old forward Andre Schurrle, but they face stiff competition from Tottenham. (Daily Express)
Major League Soccer side New York expect midfielder Frank Lampard, 36, to join up with them for pre-season training in the new year and not extend his loan spell with Manchester City. (The Sun - subscription required)
Manchester United are keen on signing £7.5m Brazilian striker Douglas Coutinho, 20, from Atletico Paranaense. (Daily Mail)
Arsenal and Manchester United have been handed a boost in their pursuit of West Ham defender Winston Reid, with the Hammers ready to sell the 26-year-old New Zealander if he does not commit to a new deal. (Times - subscription required)
Tottenham are ready to sell 30-year-old Togolese striker Emmanuel Adebayor in the January transfer window. (Daily Mirror)
Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Christoph Kramer, 23 says he is interested in a move to the Premier League, with Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United and Spurs all reported to be keen. (Daily Star)
Italian clubs Inter Milan and Juventus have joined Premier League sides Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham in showing an interest in West Brom's England U21 striker Saido Berahino, 21. (The Sun - subscription required)
Out-of-favour West Brom defender Gareth McAuley, 34, admits he is hoping to catch the attention of other clubs with his performances for Northern Ireland in the international window. (Express and Star)
Aston Villa defender Enda Stevens, 24, says he wants to make his loan switch to Doncaster Rovers permanent. (Birmingham Mail)
Manchester City and Chelsea could miss out on reported target Koke of Atletico Madrid, with Barcelona stepping up their attempts to land the 22-year-old Spanish midfielder. (Talksport)
West Brom are prepared to let reserve goalkeeper Luke Daniels, 26, go out on loan. (Sky Sports)
New Inter Milan boss Roberto Mancini is weighing up January loan moves for a host of Premier League players, including Manchester City defender Matija Nastasic, 21, Spurs defender Vlad Chiriches, 25, and Chelsea winger Mohamed Salah, 22. (Football Italia)
However, Nastasic has been offered to Arsenal and Tottenham for a cut-price £5m. (Goal.com)

OTHER GOSSIP
Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has advised his rival for the number 1 jersey, Petr Cech, to seek a move away from the club. (Daily Mail)
England manager Roy Hodgson says Joe Hart's status as first-choice goalkeeper for the national team is far from guaranteed. (Daily Mirror)
England captain Wayne Rooney says he almost quit football as a teenager. (The Times - subscription required)
The average Premier League salary has risen to £2.3m. (Telegraph)
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard admits it "kills" him to talk about Wayne Rooney's achievements at Manchester United. (Independent)
QPR goalkeeper Rob Green says he would like to become a football club chief executive when he stops playing. (Guardian)
Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris says the players, not manager Mauricio Pochettino, must take the blame for Spurs' poor form. (Evening Standard)
Former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson believes Wayne Rooney may have cost England their best chance of World Cup success. (Talksport)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
West Ham striker Andy Carroll got Newcastle United fans talking after posting a picture of St James' Park on his Instagram page.
Stoke City defender Geoff Cameron has tweeted to encourage American pop star Ariana Grande to produce a Christmas album.

AND FINALLY
Everton defender John Stones is top of the Premier League when it comes to charity work, according to a new report. (Liverpool Echo)
Coventry City were left embarrassed after their club shop sold training shirts featuring the branding of rival club Leicester City. (Telegraph)

I'm going to miss Lloris when he leaves in the summer. ;_;

Blablurn

the music was faaaantastic. was surprised

please bla

don't believe the hype. think about it

the power of love transcends time,space and other dimensions?
(MAJOR SPOILER)

haha, yeah maybe some things were strange but i expected a boring mess to be honest. but my friend wanted to see it and i didnt want to complain. so i went in, watched it and left surprisingly satisfied.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
i haven't seen it.

i saw hall pass last night. it was really bad.

But what an outrageous amount of MILFs &#65533;&#65533;

Last movies: (there's a trend there :lol)

Fury: gud
Gone Girl: OH BABY
The Equalizer: started gud but all in all it was bat
John Wick: surprisingly gud!!!!! What the Equalizer shoulda been.
The Guest: gud!!! A well made old-school thriller with 80s music
The Maze Runner: :lol...but still better than The Hunger Games
The Interstellar: gud, coulda been 'OH BABY'
Lucy: <33
Annabelle: stupid
As Above, So Below: stupider
Ouija(?): stupidest. But the blondie, I can't ;_;
The Babadook: surprisingly gud! I loved everything about it, story, acting...you name it

Dunno what else hmmm...still waiting for them to release Birdman ffs
please bla

don't believe the hype. think about it

the power of love transcends time,space and other dimensions?
(MAJOR SPOILER)
But can love bloom in the battlefield

fuck :lol

Top Bottom