• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

faridmon

he can play as LW, he's a winger

I should have added an experienced one. I don't know how good he is, but from what little I have seen, I haven't been impressed, yes, even in WC.
He is still young and Martinez could do some shrewd things to get him adopted to our team, but its a huge risk.

2075c3f71ae373f6a6afbf7bd5695038.png

Hixx

Can someone help me with the change to game OTs. I know they are only allowed to be posted on the release day now but why? I presume its to lessen the 'mega threads' thing but... people just post in review threads now as they would in the OTs.

I imagine I missed a post somewhere explaining it?

confuziz

Banned
Can someone help me with the change to game OTs. I know they are only allowed to be posted on the release day now but why? I presume its to lessen the 'mega threads' thing but... people just post in review threads now as they would in the OTs.

To prevent OT's going to OT2 before the actual release. Basically.

Salvadora

Personally, I'm pretty much for it.

I went back to the GTA V thread to see general impressions for the title recently and there was 20,000 posts (and more) about hype and stuff unrelated to the game. Spent ages wading though shite to get to actual posts I wanted to read.

Although in saying that, the OTs can present useful information leading about the release like, say, the release date or DLC.

Hixx

But surely it would make more sense in that case to limit it to 48/72 hours but stop people from posting the utterly inane "GREAT OP BRO" posts that last for the first 15 pages?

I know that (pre-release anyway) those threads are usually filled with drivel but you do occasionally get good impression posts which are harder to find now.

Threads becoming a community and being difficult for newcomers to come into I think was a reason, also a group of people forming and opinion and hounding out detractors (after a week of nothing posts that bonds people together) I think was another reason

Salvadora

But surely it would make more sense in that case to limit it to 48/72 hours but stop people from posting the utterly inane "GREAT OP BRO" posts that last for the first 15 pages?

I know that (pre-release anyway) those threads are usually filled with drivel but you do occasionally get good impression posts which are harder to find now.
I believe the Assassin's Creed: Unity OT went up slightly earlier than the release date, so I think it can still happen.

L1NETT

christ having to look critically at kingdom of heaven and bunch of other films bout crusades

what a turd kingdom of heaven is. Folk who say directors cut is some masterpiece are off their trolley

goddamit Ridley.

bud23

Pogba:
Ronaldo is the only "logical choice" to win the 2014 Fifa Ballon d'Or.

For me, it will be him [Ronaldo],It's logical, but it's logical for everyone, right?

He really knows how to sell himself. Amazing player, smart, incredibly mature for his age...a true gentleman.

Welcome to Madrid, Paul.

Yen

christ having to look critically at kingdom of heaven and bunch of other films bout crusades

what a turd kingdom of heaven is. Folk who say directors cut is some masterpiece are off their trolley

goddamit Ridley.
It's pretty good. Can't imagine there's that many films about the Crusades though. Valhalla Rising maybe.

goddamit Ridley.

Ridley has only made two masterpieces for me. Alien and Blade Runner (The Final Cut ofc). He is a very good visual director though, knows how to get gorgeous shots in most of his films.

Scum

Pogba:

He really knows how to sell himself. Amazing player, smart, incredibly mature for his age...a true gentleman.

Welcome to Madrid, Paul.

Pfft.

1. Lahm
2. Neuer
3. Modric

Lahm for player baloon door. Simeone for manager baloon door.

K1LLER7

Belgium Line-up : Courtois, Vanden Borre, Alderweireld, Lombaerts, Vertonghen, Witsel, Fellaini, De Bruyne, Chadli, Origi, Hazard

K1LLER7

Rojo on his move to United: “It was a huge surprise when I was told United wanted to buy me.

“I was in Portugal when my representative told me. He asked me to stay calm but I could not. I started living this dream.

“I could not think of anything else. I would call him every day, but when it seemed the transfer would not happen then I refused to work with Sporting.

“That was when Veron played his part in the process. He was like a strict father to me, scolding me.

“Veron called me one day when I had refused to train with Sporting and said ‘Do not be stubborn. If Manchester United wants a player then they will not let you escape.

“And so I went back, and the transfer went ahead.”

L1NETT

It's pretty good. Can't imagine there's that many films about the Crusades though. Valhalla Rising maybe.

There are a few, most are gash mind

The Crusades (1935) is fantastic, amazing that film is so old. Would recommend that over Scott's rubbish

Thank you.

How Orlando Bland gets leading parts i'll never know

Also Scott sucks all the interesting historical elements out this era, bastardizes most of the actually historical fact and what we are left with is a damp, flabby oohh why can't we all get along. NO RIDLEY NO. Nobody was thinking about oohh can't we all be friends in the 12th Century

Ridley has only made two masterpieces for me. Alien and Blade Runner (The Final Cut ofc). He is a very good visual director though, knows how to get gorgeous shots in most of his films.

Worried for the Moses Film my man. best performance in koH was the geeza who played Salah al-din and now he's gone and brought in a bunch of westerners to play everyone in his new film

Worried for the Moses Film my man. best performance in koH was the geeza who played Salah al-din and now he's gone and brought in a bunch of westerners to play everyone in his new film

After how disappointing Prometheus was, I can't bring myself to be excited by him anymore :( That Moses looks like shit hahahaha

Zabojnik

PES 2015 random online matches. Got three Real Madrids one after another, beat all three with Juve. Scoring against Real with Morata feels amazing.

L1NETT

Because of the historical inaccuracies? Explain.

Not just them, didn't watch it expecting a documentary. Invented characters and huge gaps in the timeline aside, there are some good parts; not denying that. However it's a baggy, meandering and flabby film. Builds an interesting enough world but so much of the dialogue is cringeworthy and hilariously idealistic and over dramatic. (balian's last speech especially)

Also Bloom is so sappy and wet, didn't believe him as a blacksmith never mind leading cavalry charges.

It tries to take a 12th Century period full of intrigue, complex ideas about religion and interesting historical figures and place it in 21st modern sensibilities. It fails miserably. Incoherent garbage.

Hixx

no

i played fifa with the gonks off here

we needed 3 points from 3 games to win the title

we choked harder than liverpool

no

i played fifa with the gonks off here

we needed 3 points from 3 games to win the title

we choked harder than liverpool

Who tried to skill shot a certain goal, the day before, in the same season? That goal would have gotten us the title hixx. IT WOULD HAVE GOTTEN US THE TITLE.
l1x61OA.png

Top Bottom