• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Hixx

Lille want to sign Altidore
p0QHO.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Dean's record on Pro Evo against me

W1 D3 L14

Highlights include Inter 0-5 PSV, and 9 man Atletico Bilbao winning 1-0 away at Zenit

The only time he beat me was Schalke 1-0 CSKA (and I had ten men in that one too)

Sensational

Liverpool GAF and The Hitcher alert

Fantasy: Rafa back as defensive coach
Reality: Rafa sacked and jobless as he falls out with yet another owner
Metro: Rafa Benitez Close To Liverpool Return

Lille want to sign Altidore
p0QHO.gif

Doesn't bode well for us if they consider him Origi's like-for-like replacement

From the little I've seen of Origi, he seems a little too willing to do all of his work at the edge of the box, and leave other players to get into the box at the end of attacking moves. Maybe he's being asked to do it, but to play alone up front for us he'd have to both get others involved in attacks, and be the one to occupy defenders deep into the box. Passing it off to the wing and staying on the edge of the box doesn't work if there aren't numerous other players taking that role and going past him.

@people who go to Odeon cinemas, do they still start showing films 20 minutes or so after the advertised time? Haven't been in a couple of years.

Fintan

Fantasy: Rafa back as defensive coach
Reality: Rafa sacked and jobless as he falls out with yet another owner
Metro: Rafa Benitez Close To Liverpool Return

Doesn't bode well for us if they consider him Origi's like-for-like replacement

From the little I've seen of Origi, he seems a little too willing to do all of his work at the edge of the box, and leave other players to get into the box at the end of attacking moves. Maybe he's being asked to do it, but to play alone up front for us he'd have to both get others involved in attacks, and be the one to occupy defenders deep into the box. Passing it off to the wing and staying on the edge of the box doesn't work if there aren't numerous other players taking that role and going past him.

@people who go to Odeon cinemas, do they still start showing films 20 minutes or so after the advertised time? Haven't been in a couple of years.
Don't most cinemas do 15-20 minutes of add/trailers before a movie?

Linius

Billy Hawkings from Here Is the City thinks our striker Sigthorsson is a great fit for Spurs. Oh man, I'd pay to see that. He clearly knows nothing about us since he's wondering if Ajax would be wanting to sell their 'star player'.

Go Spurs.

KidJr

Just orderd my copy of Pro based on the chat in this thread, feeling quite nervous.

There was a time in my life, when I say I was unbeatable I truly do believe that, I had reached a place in the game that I think I've seen very few reach let alone sustain. When FIFA took over I unfortunately had to grow up so naturally I became just a very good player rather than the god like being I was on Pro.

I wonder if that player is still within.

Anyways looking forward to it.

Just orderd my copy of Pro based on the chat in this thread, feeling quite nervous.

There was a time in my life, when I say I was unbeatable I truly do believe that, I had reached a place in the game that I think I've seen very few reach let alone sustain. When FIFA took over I unfortunately had to grow up so naturally I became just a very good player rather than the god like being I was on Pro.

I wonder if that player is still within.

Anyways looking forward to it.

IRAQCITIZEN ALERT

Don't most cinemas do 15-20 minutes of add/trailers before a movie?

Yeah, wasn't sure if they still do it after the time they show the film as beginning or not though

Cheers bb

Play CoD with me

Pennywise

W1 D3 L14

Highlights include Inter 0-5 PSV, and 9 man Atletico Bilbao winning 1-0 away at Zenit

The only time he beat me was Schalke 1-0 CSKA (and I had ten men in that one too)

Sensational

Damn, I really wanna post the angry Dean picture D:

Linius

W1 D3 L14

Sensational

Dean is bad, we know.

dc89

W1 D3 L14

Sensational

Where would you say this Pro Evo sits in the best football games of the last 5 years or so?

Linius

Ortix too Wooden. He's that junior with the Boyd Crowder avatar. But his avatar vanished for some reason.

EDIT

Happy to report I didn't say anything close to stupid so I should be save. I'll follow round two from the sideline though.

Yen

Konami are the biggest cunts in the world. Would it have been too hard to put a cancel button in during matchmaking? I am stuck watching it not find an opponent for the last couple of minutes.

MGS online really has me worried. i can only hope Kojima does everything himself,
MGS Online is being left to the Koji Pro LA team. I have no idea what it would even be like. Never played any incarnation of MGO.

Linius

Wouldn't touch that thread with a 10 foot pole

Well it should be possible to post in. Just be carefull with your words because you never know when you might offend someone. So I only kindly asked someone to tome down on the racism word a bit. And corrected someone who said we kept Apartheid till 1994. Pretty sure we're not South Africa eh.

Lightning

Banned
For Tuesday's England game i hope no Arsenal players start, or only Wilshere starts. Don't really want anyone from our starting 11 playing on tuesday. No risk of injury that way.

Chile vs Uruguay is a piss off. Hard game for Sanchez.

For Tuesday's England game i hope no Arsenal players start, or only Wilshere starts. Don't really want anyone from our starting 11 playing on tuesday. No risk of injury that way.

Chile vs Uruguay is a piss off. Hard game for Sanchez.
Sanchez would be the last person I want to play during intl. break. He's far to valuable.

Clegg

Sheffield United have lost one of their "patrons".

Paul Heaton has backed off the club following their decision to allow Ched Evans to train with them.

dc89

Guys - is Assassins Creed Black Flag any good? I fancy playing one of those games but don't want to shell out £40 for the latest when I can get BF for around £15 on eBay.

Is it a good looking game on PS4?

Blablurn

Guys - is Assassins Creed Black Flag any good? I fancy playing one of those games but don't want to shell out £40 for the latest when I can get BF for around £15 on eBay.

It looks good and its fun. For about 7-9 hours. Then it gets boring and repetitive.

FootballFan

Save up for Knack 2

(seriously though, just buy phoenix wright ace attorney for $5 instead. AndresON777 plays Assassins Creed)

Esch

Banned
You know, I expected more bantz leading up to Man U vs. Arsenal. I guess we're both headed to a tie, more injuries and Europa League in silence.

wedward

You know, I expected more bantz leading up to Man U vs. Arsenal. I guess we're both headed to a tie, more injuries and Europa League in silence.

We couldn't even beat Moyes' United.

Now that they are a team with a philosophy we don't stand a chance.

Top Bottom