• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

dc89

The new FF XV gameplay.

200.gif

dc89

I don't understand. Do you expect us to go to Gaming side and look for ourselves? You know better, dcm8. Link that shit.

That gif is terrible.

Jesus Dan.

Christing fuck, Crehan.

I'm just gonna ignore these posts, not with my ignore list but my unique ability to skip posts and not read the thread.

Looks alright but the game has the worst character design of all time. It's like The Matrix x NSync. Truly awful.

Everyone has red soles, everyone wears Louboutins.
I am kinda miffed at the whole male party thing though.

Jack cw

I will give Square Enix one more chance with XV. One. More. Chance. They better not fuck this up.

This looks like they finally manage to put a decent FF15. Those videos from yesterday confirm what I thought about it since E3. On the other hand, it's not very hard to deliver a better game than FF13 and its spin offs. Those were the biggest pile of crap I played in years. Worse than Sleeping Dogs.

Blablurn

This looks like they finally manage to put a decent FF15. Those videos from yesterday confirm what I thought about it since E3. On the other hand, it's not very hard to deliver a better game than FF13 and its spin offs. Those were the biggest pile of crap I played in years. Worse than Sleeping Dogs.

I haven't seen those videos yet. I'm slacking.

GorillaJu

I was talking to some guys in the gaming industry in Japan and I said "there's a real fear in the states that FF15 won't live up to expectations." Dude started cracking up and said "yeah, it won't."

Blablurn

I was talking to some guys in the gaming industry in Japan and I said "there's a real fear in the states that FF15 won't live up to expectations." Dude started cracking up and said "yeah, it won't."

The question is: "What are the expectations for XV?"

I just want a good looking game with solid gameplay and a simple good vs evil story.

That shouldn't be too hard to handle.

Or is it?

Jack cw

If it's a good game it will sell regardless of clutural differences and character design. It does everything right now that all the big western RPG games do and I like the artstyle in FF15 even more, so if they work on good loot, sidemissions, exploration, and a decent fightng system, the game will perform very good. Still, FF13 hurt the brand pretty bad and many of the core audience from FF6 to FF10 have grown up and simply can't identify with a 17 year old boy who struggles with his life (typical anime sterotype).

Blablurn

If it's a good game it will sell regardless of clutural differences and character design. It does everything right now that all the big western RPG games do and I like the artstyle in FF15 even more, so if they work on good loot, sidemissions, exploration, and a decent fightng system, the game will perform very good. Still, FF13 hurt the brand pretty bad and many of the core audience from FF6 to FF10 have grown up and simply can't identify with a 17 year old boy who struggles with his life (typical anime sterotype).

I'm sure Fauli loves it.

gameplay seems awful. inst it basically just press x to win

Wasn't it always like this?

GorillaJu

The question is: "What are the expectations for XV?"

I just want a good looking game with solid gameplay and a simple good vs evil story.

That shouldn't be too hard to handle.

Or is it?

The expectations are sky high, Bla.

I'm with you, I expect very little from games and I get don't need every piece of software to be revolutionary, but we're in the silent group compared to the people that live and breathe hype.

Development time and studio history definitely factors into expectations. Final Fantasy is just too heavy of a name to carry.

Blablurn

The expectations are sky high, Bla.

I'm with you, I expect very little from games and I get don't need every piece of software to be revolutionary, but we're in the silent group compared to the people that live and breathe hype.

Development time and studio history definitely factors into expectations. Final Fantasy is just too heavy of a name to carry.

I guess you're right.

Not sure if I'm overthinking it but do Japanese developers see FF XV as the last stand against the dominant Western development market?

Blablurn

Nope. That passive system was for the traditional FFs,where you simply input commands.
In FF15 it's more like Kingdom Hearts or Dragons Dogma, where you control your character actively in combat.

Is this coming on WiiU?

He is a Sony fan now. Even bought a VITA.

jts

...hate me...
I had to as well, was seriously considering using the knife on the person next to me.

I always consider that when I'm handling knives.

Although, to be fair, I didn't find the carving part very hard or tedious. Maybe because I chose a simple design. The boring part was to clean and scrape the insides.

Blablurn

Amazing. He finally came to senses. Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow. If we beat Dortmund and Hamburg and Freiburg win, then BVB is going to be on place 17...
Bayern pls!

I love how Dortmund won most of the games against us in the last 4 years. But not the CL final.

HE.

HE.

Jack cw

I love how Dortmund won most of the games against us in the last 4 years. But not the CL final.

HE.

HE.

They could win Supercup and matches after we won the championship forever, as long as we are winning the finals and league games for the title. But for the lolz I would really want to Pep outcoach Klopp. Imagine BVB on place 17.

GorillaJu

I guess you're right.

Not sure if I'm overthinking it but do Japanese developers see FF XV as the last stand against the dominant Western development market?

No, developers aren't emotional like that. It's just business and are only worried about making a good game.

I like the look of FF15 and can probably look over the bad characters, I mean, I have played FF games before and they have always been pretty bad even if this takes it to a next level. The gameplay though... Ugh, not looking too hot.

FRIDAY WOODEN!

LET´S GO!

I made it. Only 4 hours and it's not like I actually did anything all day. I just concentrated on not falling asleep.
030Qxpm.png

I think FFXV will be bad. Maybe after that people will stop having orgasms anytime square talks about FF.

Just look at the their record over last few years, industry has moved forward FF is stuck.

look at this specimen
10712884_734716879940220_2087440854411285750_n.jpg

There's not going to be a single part of him that's natural by the time he finishes his contract. First the left leg, then his right arm. Slowly they will replace every part of his body piece-by-piece with mechanical parts until we will no longer be able to recognise him as the assist machine he once was. Now, he'll just be machine.

Jack cw

I think FFXV will be bad. Maybe after that people will stop having orgasms anytime square talks about FF.

Just look at the their record over last few years, industry has moved forward FF is stuck.
Well, then look how FF15 has been handled. SE ditched Nomura as director, Tabata shifted the project towards PS4. The have, unlike Toriyama with 13, a vision for this game and added huge amounts of western RPG elements into this game. You can argue about the art direction and maybe the story, but from a gameplay perspective, this game is already showing that it's superior to everythin SE has done so far for a standalone FF.

Wait what. I prefer turn based fighting in RPG's and FF15 so far doesn't even look like it got good active combat, although of course only time will tell when we actually get to play it, but I'm not sure how it's already showing to be superior to any other standalone FF.

Top Bottom