• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Great to see that Fellaini actually has a United comeback. If the hairball can continue to deliver great games like the last two games i don't need any Vidal/Strootman buy, just buy a MS that actually play fotball and we will be set to go.
He wasn't even that good in either game.

markao

Sacchi called him the best striker of all time today.
Every person probably has his own favourite, but for me, if you take in account the limitations of his movement (ankle) and the fact he was forced to stop playing football well before he even reach his prime, it's hard to disagree with Sacchi.

DBT85

I can't blame Rafael for being shit in the Chelsea match. He had to mark Hazard, who's fucking amazing at times.

And will dangle a leg.

TBH, considering Raf was booked so early, Hazard really didn't achieve much for the next 80 minutes.

If my opponent had been booked that early on I'd try and skin him every time I got the ball. Make him choose.

Aye, I'd expect your rock solid defence to keep out a CF who has got 5 goals in 7 appearances this season.

Actually it's 5 goals in 9 appearances.

And 3 of those goals were against Galatasaray. So I'm back to not being overly concerned.

Not saying your team won't score against us, but I'm inclined to think it'll come from other avenues.

confuziz

Banned
B1SEf2XIAAAKHwe.jpg

Look at this boy enjoying life

Is our game against Arsenal before or after the international break?

This might be the year Arsenal actually beat us. Although they couldn't even beat us last year so maybe not.

Clegg

I remember when Berbatov was a supposed lethal striker. Finished joint top scorer a few seasons back with 20 goals. 8 of those were scored in two games.

And will dangle a leg.

TBH, considering Raf was booked so early, Hazard really didn't achieve much for the next 80 minutes.

If my opponent had been booked that early on I'd try and skin him every time I got the ball. Make him choose.

He should have. We did a good job marking the players that game. Most of the time.

It's a fucking shame that we're still off to bits against teams like fucking Burnley.

I remember when Berbatov was a supposed lethal striker. Finished joint top scorer a few seasons back with 20 goals. 8 of those were scored in two games.

I saw one of those Opta charts doing the rounds on Twitter. Listed the top 10 strikers with most goals + assists in the last 10 years or something.

Berbz was on it.

Such a shit buy. Waste of money the bottling twat was.

Clegg

Think Arsenal have a decent chance of beating us this season if LvG doesn't use the method Fergie and Mou prefer ie sit deep and battle a bit until they run out of ideas or pussy out of a fight. Think he may try to out football Arsenal.

Wilbur

Banned
Not happy with the amount of articles I've seen giving us a big chance this weekend. Will bite us in the arse when City only turn it on for the derby like the small club they are. A richer fucking Leeds.

Clegg

I saw one of those Opta charts doing the rounds on Twitter. Listed the top 10 strikers with most goals + assists in the last 10 years or something.

Berbz was on it.

Really was a bit of a flop. Makes you wonder how much scouting actually went into the process. He was a player who completely went against the way we had played football over the 2/4 season before we'd signed him. Fergie blew that one badly.

We'll always have that Liverpool hattrick though.

Not happy with the amount of articles I've seen giving us a big chance this weekend. Will bite us in the arse when City only turn it on for the derby like the small club they are. A richer fucking Leeds.

It's fucking bullshit. Away at City, with Aguero and Yaya Toure, and our defence still in shambles.

We'd be lucky to get a draw.

DBT85

Apparently Silva isn't playing?

Hope Angel pulls his finger out. He was shite against Chelsea and it wasn't anything to do with Chelsea shutting him down. He just kept giving it away in stupid positions and wasting chances.

I'll accept a reasonable defeat at City. I'd be happy with a point. A win I don't think is even worth thinking about. Saying that, other teams have done it and they've conceded 2 goals in each of the last 3 games.

I can't blame Rafael for being shit in the Chelsea match. He had to mark Hazard, who's fucking amazing at times.

He wasn't bad against Chelsea. He only had that stupid foul in the beginning. He was good after that.

He should have. We did a good job marking the players that game. Most of the time.

It's a fucking shame that we're still off to bits against teams like fucking Burnley.

Burnley isn't comparable to the current team. United played a 3-5-2. The midfield consisted of Fletcher and Di Maria with Young and Valencia out wide. Di Maria likes to go forward and Fletcher doesn't have the legs to protect the back 3. The defense was a back 3 with Blackett. The team was still having trouble playing it out from the back and Blackett reverted to booting it up a lot that match. Not to mention United should have had 2 pens that match from Young, who actually didn't dive that match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH_TWO2f-as

K1LLER7

Januzaj played well vs Chelsea.

Hope he stays in the team.

Rooney > Mata

Maybe Falcao > RVP.

Leave the back 4 and midfield as it was.

Or play RVP and Falcao together in a 442 diamond.

Apparently Silva isn't playing?

Hope Angel pulls his finger out. He was shite against Chelsea and it wasn't anything to do with Chelsea shutting him down. He just kept giving it away in stupid positions and wasting chances.

I'll accept a reasonable defeat at City. I'd be happy with a point. A win I don't think is even worth thinking about. Saying that, other teams have done it and they've conceded 2 goals in each of the last 3 games.

I fancy us scoring against Man City

Question is can we keep Aguero out...

jtb

Banned
Giroud being ahead of schedule fucking terrifies me. Granted, 1: he's proven to be, up until this injury, relatively durable and 2: he's awful, so what's there to worry about, but it just seems like Wenger's begging to reaggravate the injury, like he always does whenever his players are ahead of schedule.

I think United need to be careful about playing Fellaini. He did well compared to a lot of his previous performances, but last season was made to look like an amateur at the Etihad. I would rather have a fit Herrera playing who could help the attack and is more mobile to help the back 4.

1 - I expect City to win comfortably, Silva being out and their poor form doesn't negate their home advantage, general superiority over Utd, and Utd's own poor form
2 - Utd fans have got to stop whinging about City turning it on when they play them. Of course they do, it's a fucking derby against a team of brilliant players who can turn it on any time, against any team.

Salvadora

2 - Utd fans have got to stop whinging about City turning it on when they play them. Of course they do, it's a fucking derby against a team of brilliant players who can turn it on any time, against any team.
yeah really mystifies me when I see wilbur complaining about it.

it's a derby, what do you expect.

Berbz was on it.

You should blame Ferguson. He was the one who ruined him.

Otherwise apply the same logic to Shinji, who would be majority shareholder of the Manchester United Bottling Corporation.

Wilbur

Banned
1 - I expect City to win comfortably, Silva being out and their poor form doesn't negate their home advantage, general superiority over Utd, and Utd's own poor form

yeah really mystifies me when I see wilbur complaining about it.

it's a derby, what do you expect.

loooooooooooooool pls

You should blame Ferguson. He was the one who ruined him.

Otherwise apply the same logic to Shinji, who would be majority shareholder of the Manchester United Bottling Corporation.

I blame Ferguson also, absolutely, for spending so much money on a player we didn't need who was so desperately lacking in character.

But I blame Berbatov for being a pussy who shirks responsibility and behaves like a baby on the pitch. That's entirely his fault and only his.

Berbz was on it.

He was fantastic in his 2nd last season with us though.

Then we got Chicha and Fergie just stopped playing him.

Didn't he cry during the last game of the match because Fergie didn't pick him despite scoring a hell lot of goals for us in the BPL?

Clegg

He was fantastic in his 2nd last season with us though.

Then we got Chicha and Fergie just stopped playing him.

Didn't he cry during the last game of the match because Fergie didn't pick him despite scoring a hell lot of goals for us in the BPL?

He was better than usual but he wasn't "fantastic".

He scored a lot of goals but around 40% of them were scored in just two games. His all around play was a bit better, but he was mostly his ineffective self. He was perfect for Tottenham when he was the focal point of the team, but at Unted he was just a good player amongst many and tbh he was a coward. Hid when the going got tough.

Viva is right when he calls him a bottler too. Remember when City beat us in the FA cup semi-final? That never would've happened had Berbatov not missed two open goals.

He scored a lot of goal but around 40% of them were scored in just two games. His all around play was a bit better, but he was mostly his ineffective self. He was perfect for Tottenham when he was the focal point of the team, but at Unted he was just a good player amongst many and tbh he was a coward. Hid when the going got tough.

Viva is right when he calls him a bottler too. Remember when City best us n the FA cup semi-final? That never would've happened had Berbatov not missed two open goals.

I just remembered that match. Oh god.

He scored a lot of goal but around 40% of them were scored in just two games. His all around play was a bit better, but he was mostly his ineffective self. He was perfect for Tottenham when he was the focal point of the team, but at Unted he was just a good player amongst many and tbh he was a coward. Hid when the going got tough.

Viva is right when he calls him a bottler too. Remember when City best us n the FA cup semi-final? That never would've happened had Berbatov not missed two open goals.
Sigh.

Yeah you're right. Starting to remember. Was kinda happy we sold him off although Chicha himself started to get ineffective after his amazing first season.

Top Bottom