• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

jts

...hate me...
the GOAT of GOATs

lol nice avy mate, mendoooooooozzzaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thnx mate, it is in honor of our fallen mate batongen.

Batoooonngeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnn

:-(

In context, the yell should've been Eviiiillooooooreeeeee tho. But alas.

Wilbur

Banned
Not the first time you'v mentioned it tbf, and it's a common argument made on, as far as I can tell, every single fan-forum :p

I do think to an extent that, considering just how talented their squad is, they're fucking fully focused and on point 100% for a derby game.

Maybe if City played like that all the time they wouldn't be dropping out of the Champions League every year and slipping up often.

I'm half joking. But irrespective of whether it's a derby, City are now in a position where their talent and money means they should put that much effort into every fucking match.

We let City get their foot in the door that day. Never should have lost to them. They won the cup after that and went on to win the league the next season.

That Carrick through ball to Toure.... I remember declaring that day that Carrick should be sold. He'd had an awful 18 months of form culminating in that error. Amazing that he went on to have 2 of his best seasons for us.

Bold One

Not happy with the amount of articles I've seen giving us a big chance this weekend. Will bite us in the arse when City only turn it on for the derby like the small club they are. A richer fucking Leeds.

I'm with you on this one, much more comfortable with the underdog label than I thought we'd be

Salvadora

City are now in a position where their talent and money means they should put that much effort into every fucking match.
I don't think that's really a fair expectation.

Sure, they've spent bucketloads of money to buy a world class squad, but some games will always mean more than others.

And honestly, I'm quite impressed that their team of mercenaries can get fired up for a Manchester derby.

Labadal

I think Man United has a fair chance because of no David Silva. City's defence has also not been very convincing. Expecting lots of goals.

None of that matters, though. We will get a spanking by fucking Newcastle.

I don't think that's really a fair expectation.

Sure, they've spent bucketloads of money to buy a world class squad, but some games will always mean more than others.

And honestly, I'm quite impressed that their team of mercenaries can get fired up for a Manchester derby.

Honestly, the fans play a part as well

Whether they care that its a derby or not, the fans get up for it and it permeates to the players. No matter how much they earn and how good they are individually, if City's fans were better, the team would probably perform at the level they're capable of more frequently.

United are scared of City. From the moment the matches start, even from the moment they line up in the tunnel, we look scared of them.

It's pathetic. And they can sense it and that's why they trample all over us.

I hope it changes back to the way it was very soon.

Edit - It's one thing Mancini never gets the credit for BTW. He turned City into a club that believes in itself the mardy bastard.

Linius

United are scared of City. From the moment the matches start, even from the moment they line up in the tunnel, we look scared of them.

Newcastle wasn't scared m8

Edit - It's one thing Mancini never gets the credit for BTW. He turned City into a club that believes in itself the mardy bastard.

It's true. The only time United weren't scared was 2013 due to having RVP's extra fire power. United were on a mission that season up until the Nani red card vs Real.

j0sxkYlLxYjm4.jpg

Not happy with the amount of articles I've seen giving us a big chance this weekend. Will bite us in the arse when City only turn it on for the derby like the small club they are. A richer fucking Leeds.

I have to say I disagree with this. It is Utd this season that look to me like one of those teams that will shine on the big occasion when their new bunch of mercenaries know the world is watching but will be negligent and unfocussed in the small games where they already have pretty much nothing to play for.

Labadal

Been playing FIFA 15 Pro Club drop in matches. No one passes the ball and calls for it in absurd positions. There's almost always people that ruin the game, too. This is why I hate playing games online.

Didn't he dive to win a penalty in that match as well? And maybe even scored a goal too.

That second Crouch booking against Southampton was a shocker btw. Straight red imo, not even looking at the ball, just straight-legged, studs up, aimed in the direction of the guy's knee.

He didn't dive. Pulled off a trick in the box and Bell fell for it. Ronaldo scored the penalty. Sweet justice.

GorillaJu

Fry man I promise you that this girl will just be a blip on your life when you look back on it in the future. But the more time you spend being sad the more life you're wasting.

I'm not saying you can just get over this shit tomorrow. But recognize two things

1) She, individually, is weird and/or a bad person and that other girls aren't like that.

2) there are a million better girls your age who are not going to do weird shit in their parents house then toy with you

Fry

Fry man I promise you that this girl will just be a blip on your life when you look back on it in the future. But the more time you spend being sad the more life you're wasting.

I'm not saying you can just get over this shit tomorrow. But recognize two things

1) She, individually, is weird and/or a bad person and that other girls aren't like that.

2) there are a million better girls your age who are not going to do weird shit in their parents house then toy with you

Thanks for the thought man. I really hope you're right.

But help me. Which console do I get?!

Clegg

Hope this Falcao is nothing too serious. Already missed twoof our biggest games this season tho. Right afer he was starting to find form too -_-

Can someone point me to a time where Rooney on the wing has ever worked? And by worked I mean him doing anything of any note whilst playing out there.

People so often advocate it here and I struggle to see why.

We should play 4-3-3 with Rooney and Januzaj wide. Di Maria ahead of Blind and Herrera.

Have we played that this season? West Brom was more of a 433.

Yea, 4-3-3 like Viva said above.

Fancy DM/Januzaj against City fullbacks.

Can someone point me to a time where Rooney on the wing has ever worked? And by worked I mean him doing anything of any note whilst playing out there.

Drop RVP for Rooney? DM and Januzaj wide?

MF of Blind - Herrera - Valencia/Carrick/Fellani?

Wilbur

Banned

Played there in 07/08/09 didn't he? Ronaldo played centrally most of the time

edit: although there was a pretty free form shape

I guess this one must be for me.

When we beat Spurs 5-2 when they were up 2-0 at HT.

You prompted me but I see Cartoon and Killer, and even Wilbz suggest it a fair bit.

If you're going to play the sod at all, don't make him more useless by playing him on the wing where he's 90% shit.

Played there in 07/08/09 didn't he? Ronaldo played centrally most or the tune

At times in big matches I thought. And even then he wasn't great, but did a job etc. It's more understandable when you've got Ronaldo in the team.

You prompted me but I see Cartoon and Killer, and even Wilbz suggest it a fair bit.

If you're going to play the sod at all, don't make him more useless by playing him on the wing where he's 90% shit.

You asked for one time.

That was one time.

Now you're changing your criteria.

How do you even sleep at night.

I think you can make Rooney on the wing work so long as he gets freedom to play like Ronaldo did last year. If he plays on the left, Di Maria can shadow Rooney and do a lot of the dribbling and crossing.

Top Bottom