• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Will you?

Then piss off!

030Qxpm.png
030Qxpm.png
030Qxpm.png

Linius

Siggy is like Marcus Berg, but a little bit better.

At least he scores in the important games. Some how managed to do it again vs. Twente. But to be honest, that is only giving the staff more reason to keep playing him. Hopefully we sell him in the winter.

And Boilesen also seriously needs to up his game. But again, he's also a Frankie's favourite. But he deserves some credit for now. Will be interesting to Tete competing with him. Though I believe he's more meant for RB.

faridmon

They just released the new EP (28 october) which features this song and three more songs. One of my favourite songs of them still isn't on any record sadly, Great Blue Sky. They played it at the Ace Hotel too.

I'll be seeing them later this month, looking forward to it.

They are certainly active. The problem is that I haven't lsiten to their new one as much as I wanted to. Its bloody great! When I get my fill on that, then I'll move to their EP. As I told you, I do try to listen the once I have as much as possible before jumping to the next wave of Albums.

btw, have you heard of Superfood? They are the hype band right now having being covered in Indie mags such as DIY and Line of the Best fit. They are certainly great one. They sort of combine Britpip with Grunge and produce catchy funky songs.

You can stream it here, their first track is terrific.

http://diymag.com/2014/10/27/superfood-stream-debut-album-dont-say-that-in-full

The best thing about them is that they are from Birmingham so they do gigs here a lot.

Linius

They are certainly active. The problem is that I haven't lsiten to their new one as much as I wanted to. Its bloody great! When I get my fill on that, then I'll move to their EP. As I told you, I do try to listen the once I have as much as possible before jumping to the next wave of Albums.

btw, have you heard of Superfood? They are the hype band right now having being covered in Indie mags such as DIY and Line of the Best fit. They are certainly great one. They sort of combine Britpip with Grunge and produce catchy funky songs.

You can stream it here, their first track is terrific.

http://diymag.com/2014/10/27/superfood-stream-debut-album-dont-say-that-in-full

The best thing about them is that they are from Birmingham so they do gigs here a lot.

Ought got one LP man, and three EP's of which one released three days ago. I think a second LP won't come earlier than late 2015 or maybe even 2016. You never know what to expect from these young bands :p

And Superfood is fun yeah. They were at London Calling last year. A festival in Amsterdam that boosts young English bands and schedules a bunch of better known bands. I'm actually going to the second day of London Calling 2014 tomorrow. Will be seeing: Sebadoh -> The Mispers -> Josef Salvat -> Spoon.

They've been letting go of their concept quite a bit as you may notice, these bands I'm seeing are from America (3) and Australia :p

faridmon

Ought got one LP man, and three EP's of which one released three days ago. I think a second LP won't come earlier than late 2015 or maybe even 2016. You never know what to expect from these young bands :p

And Superfood is fun yeah. They were at London Calling last year. A festival in Amsterdam that boosts young English bands and schedules a bunch of better known bands. I'm actually going to the second day of London Calling 2014 tomorrow. Will be seeing: Sebadoh -> The Mispers -> Josef Salvat -> Spoon.

They've been letting go of their concept quite a bit as you may notice, these bands I'm seeing are from America (3) and Australia :p

Never heard of any of them except for Spoon ( I am loving the album btw top 10 material thanks for the recommendation)

I like the concept, Holland seems to be a very progressive place for Indie music. They don't do that often. In fact smaller bands have to apply and get approved before going to festivals here which sucks.

I am going to this mini-festival which is called Audioscope which is a yearly event and is a shoegaze/drone/psychedelia focused one. Its done in Oxford and happens to be a charity event as its an even that raises money as usual for national homelessness charity Shelter.

The line-up is quite small but Public Service Broadcasting, Silver Apples and The Telescopes are gonna be there which is exciting.

Volotaire

Ps4 lacks certain modes like couch co op online.

PS4 animations are certainly a big step and the whole thing just feels better and more fluid, also they are not really improving the PS360 versions much anymore to try and make them keep up. There isn't really a list of new modes or anything, it's mostly the old stuff carried over and trying to smooth things over, and of course the EA way, breaking new stuff in the process of fixing the old problems. It's however an upgrade.

Thanks guys (or gals).

Linius

Never heard of any of them except for Spoon ( I am loving the album btw top 10 material thanks for the recommendation)

I like the concept, Holland seems to be a very progressive place for Indie music. They don't do that often. In fact smaller bands have to apply and get approved before going to festivals here which sucks.

I am going to this mini-festival which is called Audioscope which is a yearly event and is a shoegaze/drone/psychedelia focused one. Its done in Oxford and happens to be a charity event as its an even that raises money as usual for national homelessness charity Shelter.

The line-up is quite small but Public Service Broadcasting, Silver Apples and The Telescopes are gonna be there which is exciting.

Sounds like a noble event. Music for charity is a good thing. Have fun man!

And I think you'll know Lou Barlow, Sebadoh's frontman. He's also the bass player of Dinosaur Jr. and just an Indie hero in general. Especially Bakesale from Sebadoh is an Indie rock classic.

LTWheels

Me neither.

Haven't had a MP FPS I really got into since Black Ops 1, but this will keep my attention for a loooooooong time.

Same. Black Ops 1 wasa the last fps I played at lot of as well.

Best thing is that even if they mess up Halo 5's multi, there is always this collection to fall back onto with everything.

Weekeeeeennnnnddddddd

I really cannot be bothered to do anything on a Friday evening anymore. Am I just weird. My friends wanna go out but I'm good sitting at home doing nothing tonight. So tired.

Clegg

Was Mystique in X-Men 1-3? I don't remember those films at all really. Watching DoFP.
Yeah she was played by Rebecca Romjin. She made a cameo in XMen First Class too. Jennifer Lawrwnce morphing into what she thought she would look like when she got older.

Weekeeeeennnnnddddddd

I really cannot be bothered to do anything on a Friday evening anymore. Am I just weird. My friends wanna go out but I'm good sitting at home doing nothing tonight. So tired.

No this happens to most people who have proper full time jobs.

I'm just knackered and want to put my feet up.

Scum

Weekeeeeennnnnddddddd

Nothing weird about it. Better to nod off at home than to do it when you're out.

faridmon

Sounds like a noble event. Music for charity is a good thing. Have fun man!

And I think you'll know Lou Barlow, Sebadoh's frontman. He's also the bass player of Dinosaur Jr. and just an Indie hero in general. Especially Bakesale from Sebadoh is an Indie rock classic.

Ah, rings a bell. I have listened to Dinosaur Jr before and they are certainly great band.

Top Bottom