• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

You need to promote more youngsters from the academy. Worked out last season. NO idea what made Rodgers buy a whole loads of players and hope for them to actually play together in a very fast paced football, disregarding whether they were good or not. Origi is coming i January and he will add a tenacity to the team. Only if you guys hold on till January.

At the moment Origi is at Lille for the entire season. I have no doubt that Rossiter would have played better than any of those 3 midfielders today. Time to start punishingplayers for shite performances, it's become ridiculous. Shit game? In the team next week. Shit month? On the bench.

Desperately needed anyone who could shift the ball in midfield and beat a player without an acre of space. And we leave Lallana on th bench. Genius. Gotta keep him fit for Madrid. Maybe if he plays, we'll only get twatted 6-0 instead of 7-0. Fucking livid with our sumemr business. Blowing £20m on seemingly non-existent potential, and £45m on 2 players who are barely putting in PL-standard performances for us, let alone ones that could help us finish 4th.

And all the while Joe fucking Allen is starting most games for us. There is nothing he contributes that isn't a part of any competent midfielders armoury, and he's missing all of the attributes most CMs have on top of the 5-yard passing. Woefully average player. Henderson and Sterling were shite as well, looked like they'd been out on the lash til the wee hours.

Coutinho and Balotelli were poor by any metric, but never had a chance with the performances of those around them. Coutinho relies on movement and quick passing, and no lone striker would have performed well in that team today.

Joke team.

Dark Rider

I wouldn't blame him for wanting more money. The guy just had a great season being a huge help in winning the Decima. Weren't the wage demands reasonable? That is unless you pay attention to what Perez said.

Pay attention to what Perez says? I understand you might think Perez banter is damage control

Can you explain to me why had his contract renewed every year with hefty bonuses?
I don't think that was Perez offering but Di Maria making a fuss every summer internally

I understand you are missing a lot of the details after all you are not a fan of Real Madrid and don't dig into the internal details on daily bases but believe me as a fan who is digging into Real Madrid internal matters on daily bases that Di Maria been a brat since his first season and thought he could hold the team hostage with last season performance.

Maybe he would've got what he wanted if he wasn't a douch the yearS prior but seeing him do the same shenanigans every single summer internally and get awarded a hefty new contract every summer make any sane club president see him as bad element for the team.

He got what he wanted the first time, then asked for more and got what he wanted then asked for more and got what he wanted a 3rd time, KEEP in mind all of this in the duration of ONE contract life time. Top players usually wait until their contract is about to expire before making a fuss about their demand but Di Maria been doing it since year one, last summer looking at how much he did during the season (which is top quality world class and one of the best in the world) he thought he could twist the club arm for much more or he would leave, he got shown the door. YES he is one of the best players in the world but he over stepped, repeatedly.

I don't see his attitude and his internal threats to leave the club healthy I'd rather him leave than keep this up.

Enjoy him at united.

Mastadon

Banned
ap7Yh2G.jpg

Dat sense of achievement.

Linius

Arsenal? lol no

We signed their backup right back. Nothing more.

But just think about the fact that they sold pretty much all their key players and have a new manager. They start from scratch almost and yet their getting the results. It's mighty impressive what they're doing at the moment. No idea how long this will last, but still.

Walshy

Fair to say we've spent money on players who are not good enough so far.

Rodgers track record of transfers is absymal so far.

ap7Yh2G.jpg

Dat sense of achievement.

My W8 install was a fucking nightmare, feels great when you first power up the PC and discover that you've assembled it correctly though. I'd put a smiley at the end of that, but I ain't smiling.

We're going to get reamed by Madrid and Chelsea. Was it you who said Sturridge's injury extension wasn't such a problem because it was (at the time) QPR, Hull and Newcastle? If so, you twat.

But just think about the fact that they sold pretty much all their key players and have a new manager. They start from scratch almost and yet their getting the results. It's mighty impressive what they're doing at the moment. No idea how long this will last, but still.

I agree but I expected them to do well anyway, albeit not this well.

Well, I mean look at his record, it isn't that bad is it? He's clearly not a top class manager, but he isn't bad. He's just a fucking fool, which masks his ability.

I don't know to be honest. Ultimately you have to judge him on results, but I've never been convinced by his sides and the football they play. Every so often they suddenly learn how to defend quite well, manage to score a few goals, and go on a decent run. They seem to rely a lot more on confidence and work ethic than any sort of direction from him.

Top Bottom