• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Walshy

Sturridge is the only hit really isn't he? Moreno will be a good buy overall.
I'd say Coutinho has been pretty good aswell but thats it.

Di Maria may have joined Man Utd for the money, but he seems desperate for them to succeed and works his bollocks off so who gives a fuck
Well because thats what you get with top-class players. It's the same with Falcao for United too.

We've done the spurs strategy and took one workd-claas player and replace him with a bunch of average middle players to fill up the squad.

Rodgers should of gone for quality over quanitity, because we have regressed so much over one poor summer. We are exactly were we was when Rodgers first came into the club.

pulsemyne

0-0 between swasnea and everton, it's been a spicy encounter but the half ended with everton throwing everything at the swans but coming away with no real major chances. Everton have had a lot of the ball so it will be interesting to see if they can do so in the second half or if swansea will come into the game. A number of players are on yellows including shelvey and Bony so they will need to be careful.

0-0 between swasnea and everton, it's been a spicy encounter but the half ended with everton throwing everything at the swans but coming away with no real major chances. Everton have had a lot of the ball so it will be interesting to see if they can do so in the second half or if swansea will come into the game. A number of players are on yellows including shelvey and Bony so they will need to be careful.

You could work for BBC

Well because thats what you get with top-class players. It's the same with Falcao for United too.

We've done the spurs strategy and took one workd-claas player and replace him with a bunch of average middle players to fill up the squad.

Rodgers should of gone for quality over quanitity, because we have regressed so much over one poor summer. We are exactly were we was when Rodgers first came into the club.

Genuinely feels like once we missed out on Sanchez, we decided to Spurs it. The committee needs to fuck off, and then Rodgers can live or die by his signings. Not like it's working either way.

Zabojnik

Rafael-Benitez-006.jpg

Good job, Napoli. Well deserved. Could've been 3-0 or 4-0 in fact.

Hopefully we win tonight.

faridmon

We may have a lot of the ball, but we haven't created a chance, nevermind desrve anything so far.
You guys are unlucky since I thought it was a handball on Alcaraz, but the ref didn't see it that way.

Also he is injured and Gareth Barry is playing as a CB Lol

Nowhere near as bad as the American commentators during the liverpool swansea match on tuesday. Fuck that was bad. He pulled out ever cliche in the book.

5-6 years back, watching CL game on ESPN in US. Commentator wanted defender to foul the attacker like in basketball

Defender was already on a yellow

smh

Nowhere near as bad as the American commentators during the liverpool swansea match on tuesday. Fuck that was bad. He pulled out ever cliche in the book.

regulation time innit

So next week Chelsea will probably be top having already gone to Old Trafford, the Etihad and Anfield

What a shite season

faridmon

You think Lukaku is crying when he looks at the table? Would be a shame if he doesn't play international next season. A lot easier to achieve that in Bundeslolga.

I don't why would he cry when he beat the team that wanted him 4-1, play in the best League in the world, and earn himself a decent wages in the mean time. NOt to mention he is playing in Europe!

The only person who is crying is me since he hasn't performed well so far

Dark Rider

As far as I know and what others were saying

as far as you know and what others say is not enough to start telling others that they are just listening to Perez at least do your homework in full before making that claim.

As far as I know and what others were saying during the summer

and here is why I don't agree with you.
Because you only based what you know and only listening to pits of information about last summer and last summer ALONE.

my whole point about him is based ALL of his time with us not just last summer.

there were a couple of players making more money than Di Maria. Bale, Kroos, James, Iker, Ramos, etc... After searching for Real Madrid's wage bills, all of them say the same thing.

It makes sense that Di Maria would want an increase in his salary.

Maybe the decent thing to do is wait until your contract is about to expire then demand all the bonuses you think you deserve?
He got 3 raises in ONE CONTRACT life time
EVERY single summer he made a fuss
AND threatened to leave on previous summers too

As i said in my previous reply if he didn't do his shenanigans every single summer before last summer he might have got his bonuses without a problem but it was a yearly headache that no one did before him.

Don't get me wrong he IS one of the best players at this point of time
he deserves a hefty wage
BUT for what he was doing all those years and continue to do up to last summer he crossed the line and deserves to leave and that is why I don't feel bad about him leaving

Perez saw him as trouble and looking at Di Maria behavior internally I can't blame

James is nowhere near Di Maria level at this point of time but the club CAN and WILL replace Di Maria if he acted like that and thought he could hold us hostage to his whims. Again enjoy him at United but his departure from Real Madrid was not Real Madrid fault despite what Di Maria like you to believe.

Di Maria may have joined Man Utd for the money, but he seems desperate for them to succeed and works his bollocks off so who gives a fuck

He is a world class player so he would show his class
And he want to convince the world and himself that he did not do a step down moving out of Real Madrid which is a big incentive for him to do all he could to make United perform better.

Good for United and their fans, unless he start doing his shenanigans again. I hope he learned his lesson and don't cause a headache to any other teams he join.

pulsemyne

TSN analysing games during half time backed by heavy metal music. Canada pls.

We may have a lot of the ball, but we haven't created a chance, nevermind desrve anything so far.
You guys are unlucky since I thought it was a handball on Alcaraz, but the ref didn't see it that way.

Also he is injured and Gareth Barry is playing as a CB Lol

You definitely played better than we have. It was a penalty but then again we haven't had anything off refs lately. Still it's 0-0 and who knows where the match is going to go. Swansea look like they have been set up similar to the way it was against liverpool, absorb the pressure and then quickly counter attack.

El Topo

I don't why would he cry when he beat the team that wanted him 4-1, play in the best League in the world, and earn himself a decent wages in the mean time. NOt to mention he is playing in Europe!

The only person who is crying is me since he hasn't performed well so far

I'm sure he'll deliver. Many teams (and players) seem to be really struggling right now.

faridmon

You definitely played better than we have. It was a penalty but then again we haven't had anything off refs lately. Still it's 0-0 and who knows where the match is going to go. Swansea look like they have been set up similar to the way it was against liverpool, absorb the pressure and then quickly counter attack.

Considering how slow our CB is....
Dear god!

Carbonox

Dat Boardwalk Empire ending. What a ride this show's been. The final twist had me shocked. Makes sense when I look back at things but I didn't expect it all the same.

Pennywise

Dat Boardwalk Empire ending. What a ride this show's been. The final twist had me shocked. Makes sense when I look back at things but I didn't expect it all the same.

Someone on GAF made some guesses before the final and was fucking spot on with that...
Kinda expected that, when I was watching the finale.

Top Bottom