• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Gurthang

Banned
James is great but only if he plays right. Seems like we have completely switched to 4-4-2 and when Bale comes back he will play on left wing and Ronaldo as a striker.

bud23

image.php
>>>>>>>>>> Di mercenary

Now you're gonna believe me.

Sturridge is the only hit really isn't he? Moreno will be a good buy overall.

I'd say Coutinho has been a successful purchase.

Think Moreno and Manquillo will end up being decent buys. Sturridge is the only resounding success though. In 5 windows.

We've replaced Agger with a shit Agger. Why we're trying to have Lovren playmake is beyond me. His technique is good, but his passing is shite. Like the anti-Sakho.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd say Coutinho has been a successful purchase.

Think Moreno and Manquillo will end up being decent buys. Sturridge is the only resounding success though. In 5 windows.

We've replaced Agger with a shit Agger. Why we're trying to have Lovren playmake is beyond me. His technique is good, but his passing is shite. Like the anti-Sakho.

Ah yeah, Coutz. Needs to work desperately on his end product though.

Is Manquillo a buy? Thought it was a loan. Obligation I assume.

ATF487

It's a 2 year loan with an option to buy, but Atletico can get him back next year if they want...I think. It's a weird one

Yeah, it's a loan. I hope we have a solid option to buy, probably the only defender in our entire squad who doesn't look liable to cost us a goal at any given moment. That might require keeping Enrique around though, and fuck that.

Real shame Suso is injured at this point, there's no way he's inferior to the guys who are playing at the moment.

Pay attention to what Perez says? I understand you might think Perez banter is damage control

Can you explain to me why had his contract renewed every year with hefty bonuses?
I don't think that was Perez offering but Di Maria making a fuss every summer internally

I understand you are missing a lot of the details after all you are not a fan of Real Madrid and don't dig into the internal details on daily bases but believe me as a fan who is digging into Real Madrid internal matters on daily bases that Di Maria been a brat since his first season and thought he could hold the team hostage with last season performance.

Maybe he would've got what he wanted if he wasn't a douch the yearS prior but seeing him do the same shenanigans every single summer internally and get awarded a hefty new contract every summer make any sane club president see him as bad element for the team.

He got what he wanted the first time, then asked for more and got what he wanted then asked for more and got what he wanted a 3rd time, KEEP in mind all of this in the duration of ONE contract life time. Top players usually wait until their contract is about to expire before making a fuss about their demand but Di Maria been doing it since year one, last summer looking at how much he did during the season (which is top quality world class and one of the best in the world) he thought he could twist the club arm for much more or he would leave, he got shown the door. YES he is one of the best players in the world but he over stepped, repeatedly.

I don't see his attitude and his internal threats to leave the club healthy I'd rather him leave than keep this up.

Enjoy him at united.

As far as I know and what others were saying during the summer, there were a couple of players making more money than Di Maria. Bale, Kroos, James, Iker, Ramos, etc... After searching for Real Madrid's wage bills, all of them say the same thing.

It makes sense that Di Maria would want an increase in his salary.

Top Bottom