• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Scum

There are already posts in the thread about the stormtrooper being black :p

nt5j5sS.png

Anyway, I'm sorry for all my joke posts, including the recent world class players nonsense and my exaggerated pessimism. I understand that I suck at humour and many, including hixx in particular were annoyed rather than amused.

David Luiz is still a genuinely good player though, even if not quite world class.

image.php

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Anyway, I'm sorry for all my joke posts, including the recent world class players nonsense and my exaggerated pessimism. I understand that I suck at humour and many, including hixx in particular were annoyed rather than amused.

David Luiz is still a genuinely good player though, even if not quite world class.
Yo why are you apologizing

Fuck you Hixsux

qindarka

Banned
I agree with you on Luiz.

Who else do you think is in that category?

Say you had to pick one player in that category for each of the massive clubs?

I don't watch enough football so can only speak for Chelsea.

Perhaps players like Willian, Oscar or Cahill who can be very useful and fit into a side consiting of other world class players but who either have notable limitations to their game or have not shown it consistently enough.

Wilbur

Banned
Don't think there's anything wrong with the lightsaber. Just a claymore innit, the laser hilt looks better than a normal one would. Don't think it'll be used in battle but it fits the weapon well enough.

Anyway, I liked both of Abrams' Star Trek films, don't absolutely love any of the Star Wars films so no way they're going to kill a sacred cow for me. Looking forward to going with my dad.

Reason why I don't care much about the claymore lightsaber is that I haven't seen it in action yet. Also besides that it's a fucking lightsaber.

I just got yelled at by my mom after shouting 'copy that red leader' after seeing the guy in the X-Wing.

Jesus, the people I play football with piss me off sometimes. I book it by card pretty much every time we play (can't pay by cash) and there's always 2 or 3 of them who act like its a surprise when I ask for their share of the money, and don't have it with them. Then I have to chase them up for it the next time we play, when other people haven't got the money so it becomes a fucking mess of people owing me different amounts for different weeks where they haven't paid.

And you can tell that they're thinking 'its only £4' but when 2 or 3 of them do it every week, it soon adds up.

Then on the odd occasion I ask for someone else to book it so I can just play, pay my share and not piss about with a moneybox full of £1 coins from being the one to do it every week, I get radio silence.

We've all got jobs, we all have £40 in the bank on any given Friday

Jesus, the people I play football with piss me off sometimes. I book it by card pretty much every time we play (can't pay by cash) and there's always 2 or 3 of them who act like its a surprise when I ask for their share of the money, and don't have it with them. Then I have to chase them up for it the next time we play, when other people haven't got the money so it becomes a fucking mess of people owing me different amounts for different weeks where they haven't paid.

And you can tell that they're thinking 'its only £4' but when 2 or 3 of them do it every week, it soon adds up.

Then on the odd occasion I ask for someone else to book it so I can just play, pay my share and not piss about with a moneybox full of £1 coins from being the one to do it every week, I get radio silence.

We've all got jobs, we all have £40 in the bank on any given Friday
That's why you never arrange the footers m8.

Esch

Banned
Trailer looks decent, but I just don't care about the rebels or the empire anymore. Old, old hat if we're being honest.

Wilbur

Banned
Who's the guy flying the x wing in the trailer? Anyone famous? Can't recognise him on my phone.

Also, GOT fans (especially book readers); what do you think of the show?

It's alright but I feel like there's so many good actors doing bad work (and lots of bad actors doing good work, and some good actors doing good work!) - maybe Martin's words don't translate to screen?

Plus it all moves too briskly, they try to fit so much in that there's no room for scenes to breathe. And they don't make enough use of the gorgeous locales.

I like the show, but it's not a patch on the books (admittedly only halfway through season 2)

Only for LVG to use a 352 and use Young at lwb. He did his job well last time, but our attack is fucking shit with him, Valencia, and Fellaini playing.
Pretty much. But I think Carrick will play in the back 3 tmrw.

I don't think Rafael is back yet you know. He's gone awol.

I've always argued that the biggest issue I take with GoT is that there's far too many things going on at the same time and they try to fit it all in a short season

Had they gives every story arc an episode of its own, instead of jamming in 2 or 3 every week, I think things would pan out a lot better than they are now

jts

...hate me...
Who's the guy flying the x wing in the trailer? Anyone famous? Can't recognise him on my phone.

It's alright but I feel like there's so many good actors doing bad work (and lots of bad actors doing good work, and some good actors doing good work!) - maybe Martin's words don't translate to screen?

Plus it all moves too briskly, they try to fit so much in that there's no room for scenes to breathe. And they don't make enough use of the gorgeous locales.

I like the show, but it's not a patch on the books (admittedly only halfway through season 2)
Looked like Jason Statham on a first look, but I didn't give it a second one.

Season 1 is faithful to the books most of the time, but has really bad pacing.
I liked that they slip in a sly conversation between Maester Pycelle and Varys about something that is ultimately revealed in A Dance With Dragons

Season 2 deviates more away from the books, has some cool moments, but no longer feels like an highlight reel.

Season 3 I stopped watching early on because of how much they deviated with Joff's character. It was too much for me :lol.

I think Last season was the best season of GoT.

4 > 3 > 2 (Blackwater best episode tho) > 1

GorillaJu

Shanks. Can you confirm? My friend wrote this:

16:44 - Friend: its easy to bang foreign chicks in korea
16:44 - Friend: not so easy to bang koreans

Everyone in Seoul wants to get laid because there's nothing else to do there. I hooked up with a lot of Korean girls... if you're a white or black guy it's pretty damn easy. Other ethnicities have trouble

Wilbur

Banned
I just think you lose so much subtlety in GOT when you lose all the non spoken passages. Shows like The Wire are made for television so they put great value in the pacing of scenes and seasons. GOT is just trying to fit as much in as possible so far.

Who is agreed that Ser Jorah is GOAT though (and Varys obv)

Littlefinger is rubbish which is a shame because he's good in The Wire. And Renly is diabolical.

u seen Balibo?

he's right crackin in that.

top film too.

No, but I remember him being really good in Robin Hood even though the film was duff. A Most Wanted Man and Two Faces Of January too.

jts

...hate me...
Lol, Estoril is gonna use every trick in the book to take the win.

They got a tie out of Porto in the last league match :/

You can't be mad though, a team on a shoestring budget doing miracles.

3-2 to PSV

That's sensational.

Hixx

I loved the show then I read the books and it made me think less of the show. Probably because I stopped looking at it as just a TV show.

I loved the show then I read the books and it made me think less of the show. Probably because I stopped looking at it as just a TV show.

My brother talks about it like he doesn't know I've read the books

Like, he'll recognise
Ramsay Bolton's
actor in something and say 'you should see the guy he plays in Game of Thrones, he's a right mentalist in it'

GorillaJu

I prefer GOT over the books. They have their moments, like the show does, but its all so few and far between and you get jaded and desensitized to Martin's style of writing, with all the pointless exposition, long dream sequences, and the same repetitive tropes and phrasing.

Top Bottom