• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Salazar

Seems like pretty much anyone can get a work permit these days

whelanhbu09.png

“We still think we can finish in the top four and I think that would be a remarkable achievement considering we’ve been in the Champions League,” Lallana told the BBC. “But we don’t want to look that far and we want to get back to winning ways.”

yadda yadda top four yadda

not gonna talk about it #modest #focused

sohois

Seems like pretty much anyone can get a work permit these days

Probably because clubs are well versed enough now that they won't even attempt signings of players that would fail the work permit, same as how players hardly ever fail medicals or don't sign contracts after fees have been agreed.

For a work permit to be granted, players need to have played 75% of internationals for their country in the past 2 years. Youngsters can get around that since clubs can just make the argument that they haven't had enough time develop yet, but Firmino was already too old for such an argument to fly

Probably because clubs are well versed enough now that they won't even attempt signings of players that would fail the work permit, same as how players hardly ever fail medicals or don't sign contracts after fees have been agreed.

For a work permit to be granted, players need to have played 75% of internationals for their country in the past 2 years. Youngsters can get around that since clubs can just make the argument that they haven't had enough time develop yet, but Firmino was already too old for such an argument to fly

They can also use the 'special talent' rule

God I wish we bought Firmino instead of Lallana.

The more I watch Lallana play, the ore I think 'ideal second choice in one position, 3rd choice in 3 others.'

For £23m or whatever it was. What the fuck were we thinking? We didn't need tidiness, we needed end product.

For the record, I think Lallana is a really classy, quality player. Bit pricey mind.

He is, but he's really not what we need imo. Although tbf there's no way anyone saw the complete lack of goals coming from everyone else as well. We're relying on everyone, and everyone is relying on everyone else to provide the goals, assists and general spark.

Nobody is stepping up to try and drag us towards decent performances in an attacking sense.

GorillaJu

The more I watch Lallana play, the ore I think 'ideal second choice in one position, 3rd choice in 3 others.'

For £23m or whatever it was. What the fuck were we thinking? We didn't need tidiness, we needed end product.

Lallana had pretty stellar end product last season. Was one of the top scoring midfielders in the league.

For the record, I think Lallana is a really classy, quality player. Bit pricey mind.

Yeah, same. Too much $, but very good player.

Oh I thought he was going to be called back. He'll do well at Liverpool. Better than Balotelli has anyway.

Telegraph said Rodgers has said it's not happening, not seen the quotes myself though. Shame, as he'd get plenty of playing time, and he literally couldn't be worse than the other 3 unless he was pulling a Vergini every other game.

I assume the money needed to bring him back was higher than we'd assumed, which is fair enough. Lille couldn't really afford to run the risk of their main striker going for little money in January, even if we do own him technically. And I doubt we imagined the situation would be this dire by January.

“Zamparini marches to the beat of his own drum, so interpret that any way you like. He does the drumming and if he doesn’t like the way it sounds, he gets angry with whoever is recording it.

From Sampdoria's owner. That is such a great description of Zamp

K1LLER7

man utd gaf, whats with the word that lvg wont sign falcao because of his current injury issues???
Probably going to wait and see how many games/how he plays this season. Expected Rumbo to have injuries.

Good move as you wouldn't want to pay 40m+ on a striket who isn't going to play often. If we don't get him, would prefer we go for a pacey striker (Doumbia/Berahino etc) and use some of the money on defenders.

Linius

Listening to Kasabian's greatest hits now essentially

I used to like dipping my toe into that particular music scene. Not so much, now

Underdog is so good

It's time to broaden your horizons, I can take you under my wings. FootballFan can confirm I always recommend good shit.

Tc91

Probably going to wait and see how many games/how he plays this season. Expected Rumbo to have injuries.

Good move as you wouldn't want to pay 40m+ on a striket who isn't going to play often. If we don't get him, would prefer we go for a pacey striker (Doumbia/Berahino etc) and use some of the money on defenders.

Match of the Day ‏@BBCMOTD 13m13 minutes ago
The Arturo Vidal to Manchester United rumours have started up again

Nothing stops this train.

Hixx

‏@YoungSunEcho 7m7 minutes ago
Sebastian Coates and Tom Robson among those coming off the Sunderland team coach. Didn't spot Ricky Alvarez #safc

fuck you inter for loaning us a sicknote

edit: and liverpool for doing the exact same thing

scum

inky

How many games has Falcao played sans injury and how many goals has he scored this season?

I think he has only started one game, and even then LVG pulled him out when he was the best man because the defense was imploding. When he was fit LVG gave him 20-30 mins at most and I only rememeber the one goal. He has like 3 assists tho, ehich for the minutes played total is extremely good.

I'm on my phone so didn't bother to check.

Fintan

‏@YoungSunEcho 7m7 minutes ago
Sebastian Coates and Tom Robson among those coming off the Sunderland team coach. Didn't spot Ricky Alvarez #safc

fuck you inter for loaning us a sicknote

edit: and liverpool for doing the exact same thing

scum
Hey! Ultimately it was your decision to sign them, so live with the consequences!

Think he's only played 3 in the league, 1 goal 2 assists.

I think he has only started one game, and even then LVG pulled him out when he was the best man because the defense was imploding. When he was fit LVG gave him 20-30 mins at most and I only rememeber the one goal. He has like 3 assists tho, ehich for the minutes played total is extremely good.

I'm on my phone so didn't bother to check.
Thanks.

Arsenal 2 Manu 0 - Sanchez motm.

Hixx

Cattermole in for Bridcutt our only change. Poor Bcuttz. Was good against Palace and Everton. But I do think he is mostly shit.

But that means Gomez is playing. I fucking hate Gomez.

Top Bottom