• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

K1LLER7

Lol, get out. He's not ready anyways.
We'll come back in a few years for your manager and players :p

Tbf Carrick is 33. Doesn't have many seasons left you'd think. Blind will get plenty of chances.

This Herrera situation is vexing though. We played our best football with him in the team but one injury later and he hasn't had a look in. Would like to see him play with Carrick.
Just talking about this season, but yeah, he is getting on a bit.

If we actually sign Strootman, I wonder if he'll play as the deepest or in Fellaini's role.

maxresdefault.jpg

On Valencia:

Has Valencia been taking wing-back lessons over the international break? So often the cause of dismay when close to his own goal, the Ecuadorian dealt effectively with the threat of Alexis Sanchez and Welbeck whenever they drifted wide.

Valencia had more touches of the ball than any other United player, recorded a significantly higher pass completion than any other of United's five defenders, was one of only four United players to create a chance and made more successful tackles than any other player on the pitch.

On Smalling:

The leader, however, was Smalling. No other United player made more than seven clearances, but Smalling made 16. He also made five interceptions - none of his team-mates managed more than one.

Smalling has received plenty of deserved criticism in recent weeks, but should be lauded for his almost impeccable display in the last half hour when under siege. Now 25, it fell upon him to lead a ramshackle bunch of 'defenders', but he did so with excellence. Now for some consistency.

Blablurn

I don't want Pep to leave us. This year we're playing the best football I've ever seen as a Bayern Fan. Even better than 2013. It's incredible.

I'm supporting this club since like 94/95. We've been through some rough times. And our football was not always beautiful. Actually it was never beautiful until Heynckes took care of it.

But what Pep is doing with this team right now... is incredible. Especially with all those injuries.

Seriously the best football I've ever seen from us.

tumblr_nfge4t86Oz1qgmhjro1_250.gif

Bayern bb, i love u so much.

yoJC2nYSY3acFmzsGY.gif

Neuer pls... How?

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah Smalling actually was very good in the second half, credit to him. He, Carrick and Rooney really stepped it up.

Until we get a left back though, we're gonna be playing this formation I think. Hopefully Shaw's okay. Don't see him playing Blackett there for some reason, him and his fucking opposite footed centre backs.

FootballFan

I don't want Pep to leave us. This year we're playing the best football I've ever seen as a Bayern Fan. Even better than 2013. It's incredible.

I'm supporting this club since like 94/95. We've been through some rough times. And our football was not always beautiful. Actually it was never beautiful until Heynckes took care of it.

But what Pep is doing with this team right now... is incredible. Especially with all those injuries.

Seriously the best football I've ever seen from us.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/aca1e380e5f9c80b0a4e3e4cc99105ba/tumblr_nfge4t86Oz1qgmhjro1_250.gif[IMG]

Bayern bb, i love u so much.

[IMG]http://i.giphy.com/yoJC2nYSY3acFmzsGY.gif[IMG]

Neuer pls... How?[/QUOTE]

:( pep works wonders. He was the only person I would have trusted after Heynckes left if I was a Bayern Fan.

Yeah Smalling actually was very good in the second half, credit to him. He, Carrick and Rooney really stepped it up.

Until we get a left back though, we're gonna be playing this formation I think. Hopefully Shaw's okay. Don't see him playing Blackett there for some reason, him and his fucking opposite footed centre backs.

Whisper it quietly but Young wasn't terrible.

Set up Valencia for the first goal :lol

Linius

onLN4XX.png

We played terrible for most part of the game. But Kishna's impulses did really turn things upside down for us. About time he's contributing in a positive way. Too bad he took off his shirt after the goal though.

Wilbur

Banned
Whisper it quietly but Young wasn't terrible.

Set up Valencia for the first goal :lol

Yeah, he was decent. Second half really wasn't that bad actually, but it's hard to read into it whether we played well or Arsenal's fade was the only catalyst.

Can't believe the injuries though, I really can't. Our entire first choice defence out now. Read yesterday we've fielded eight (now nine) defensive combinations this season. Madness.

noal

Banned
onLN4XX.png

We played terrible for most part of the game. But Kishna's impulses did really turn things upside down for us. About time he's contributing in a positive way. Too bad he took off his shirt after the goal though.

Bloody hell, you were losing 1-0 the last I checked. Good comeback!

Top Bottom