• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

faridmon

It's actually a 2015 record, so no excuses :lol

They did have an EP out this year though, here's a song from it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuxcJ4wyCOY

Yesterdays Parquet Courts set was amazing btw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=offU25Aow5c // I was right in the middle of that pit losing my mind.

Thats alright. Will check them!

I bet you had a blast. Your folks seem to be more active. When I went to see them, no one was that excited and we had a great quite gig. Wasn't a big fan of the folks here, but thats Birmingham for ya!

By the way, did they play as Parquet Courts or PCPC? Was there any Parkay Quartz tracks there?

I really want to listen to the new Parkay Quartz. Sound raw from the little snippets I have listened on Youtube?

Hixx

What is going on with the audio on MotD?

They keep boosting the crowd levels in this City match. It's hilarious. I wonder if they've been paid.

noal

Banned
I really want Falcao to do well so we sign him full time. His movement is fantastic and he offers something we don't have. Imagine having him for the 2-3 years of his prime.

Zabojnik

Roberto Pereyra, Juve legend in the making. <3

Roberto+Pereyra+AC+Cesena+v+Juventus+FC+4DAF6UFi8Qul.jpg

And you are getting GTAV.

What a time to be alive.

And you a wii u down the line. Which you'll probably sell to me later on. Incredible.

I've never heard of the Padoin lad. Did he sign this season or is he a prospect? (not like Herrera lol)

Shocking tbf. Please educate yourself.

Linius

Thats alright. Will check them!

I bet you had a blast. Your folks seem to be more active. When I went to see them, no one was that excited and we had a great quite gig. Wasn't a big fan of the folks here, but thats Birmingham for ya!

By the way, did they play as Parquet Courts or PCPC? Was there any Parkay Quartz tracks there?

I really want to listen to the new Parkay Quartz. Sound raw from the little snippets I have listened on Youtube?

They were scheduled as Parkay Quarts a.k.a. Parquet Courts. They played in Parkay Quarts formation (chick drummer and that bass player friend with the Parquet Courts singers/guitarists). They played a couple of Parkay Quarts songs, such as the last one on the album, a fantastic slowburner. And a couple of the fast ones. But about 75% of the set was from Light Up Gold and Sunbathing Animal. And that worked really well :D

They also play the festival as PCPC by the way, that's tomorrow. They're busy bees. Ought also plays the festival twice, yesterday and tonight. Yesterday's gig was even better than in London.

Here's one song from the Parkay Quarts album on soundcloud you really need to check out: https://soundcloud.com/krazypunx/09-these-boots

It's the last song you'd expect them to cover, but they killed it.

Zabojnik

I wish I didn't know of both evans and padoin

even if padoin was the one who won me CL for Palermo in FM

Looool, amazing.

:lol

Tbf he played for Atlanta before and I never knew there was such a team in Serie A :p

Bony's celebration was terrible. Good goal tho.

Atalanta, you premcunt. <3

Best worst fans in all of Europe.

tank.jpg

Tbf I don't think even Padoin knew of Padoin before he somehow managed to join Juve, lol. Honestly though, he's been a really solid sub (of a sub) for us and he's been gaining in confidence lately. YES PADO.

valeo

Can we just default all games against Man U? Completely dominate and we still conspire to lose 2-1 at home. What the fuck.

Linius

What about Pretty Lass? No FK magic from him today?

Nah, he's dealing with a bit of an injury. Not a great game from him today. He had one FK in a decent spot but shot it way over and wide.

To be fair, I just wish we could get a formation in which Schöne plays in midfield and we play with two 'real' wingers. Schöne is doing a good job, but as a winger he's lacking a certain threat.

Yen

Albert Speer's son is designing 5 of Qatar's stadiums for the World Cup. (This isn't a controversy or anything, I just thought it was interesting)

Hixx

lmao at the Chelsea announcer trying to do the thing where the crowd say the second name and no-one doing it. Good though because it is cringey as fuck.

Zabojnik

To be fair, I just wish we could get a formation in which Schöne plays in midfield and we play with two 'real' wingers. Schöne is doing a good job, but as a winger he's lacking a certain threat.

Asamoah'd.

Wasn't he playing in the center last season? What happened? Poulsen?

Linius

Asamoah'd.

Wasn't he playing in the center last season? What happened? Poulsen?

A lack of decent wingers happened. And then it turned out he was doing quite alright there and other players developed nicely in midfield so we kept it like that. Or at least, that's what I think what happened. But now we have a whole pack of wingers. Only problem is that they're not so consistent yet. But with Kishna and El Ghazi we can pose a great threat for every defence. And then we have Fischer on his way back and Muric killing it in the youth. He already played some games with the reserves.

But it looks like Schöne will be gone after this season anyways.

Linius

Well, Pirlo does need a successor ... How about 7M€ to be paid in three installments?

Or a swap with Giovinco. Great prospect.

I have no idea where he'll go. But he'd be very lucky if a club like Juve picks him up. Will be more like a midtable club from one of the big leagues. He's got one thing Pirlo got though, they're both slow.

Top Bottom