• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Hixx

Holy shit, MotD edited that to make it look like Leicester battered us.

No you didn't do enough to win it you mag cunt we were by far the better team.

Chelsea are preparing a £20million summer move for Everton full back Seamus Coleman. (Mail lol)

Well that could be fun...

pFKnKTn.jpg

Q0wK0w5.jpg

Costa even bosses Colesman in the defensive work

6fC3mbx.gif

“@MailSport: Arsenal's record against Man United since 2009: LLDLLLLWLLLDLDL”

The curse is real
AIuvcO5.png

1301 days since beating Manchester United
1121 days since beating Chelsea
959 days since beating Manchester City

3 wins out of the last 30 against United and Chelsea...

Maybe it's not a curse, maybe it's Arsene.

K1LLER7

Looool, amazing.

Atalanta, you premcunt. <3

Best worst fans in all of Europe.

tank.jpg

Tbf I don't think even Padoin knew of Padoin before he somehow managed to join Juve, lol. Honestly though, he's been a really solid sub (of a sub) for us and he's been gaining in confidence lately. YES PADO.
:lololol

I'll try and keep an eye out for him when watching the CL games.

faridmon

Chelsea are preparing a £20million summer move for Everton full back Seamus Coleman. (Mail lol)

Well that could be fun...

pFKnKTn.jpg

Q0wK0w5.jpg

Costa even bosses Colesman in the defensive work

6fC3mbx.gif

You wish.

and Costa didn't boss anything. Our defence merely helped him to score few goals. Its amusing to see him act all mighty when he scored a simple tap in.

The thirst is real!

faridmon

They were scheduled as Parkay Quarts a.k.a. Parquet Courts. They played in Parkay Quarts formation (chick drummer and that bass player friend with the Parquet Courts singers/guitarists). They played a couple of Parkay Quarts songs, such as the last one on the album, a fantastic slowburner. And a couple of the fast ones. But about 75% of the set was from Light Up Gold and Sunbathing Animal. And that worked really well :D

They also play the festival as PCPC by the way, that's tomorrow. They're busy bees. Ought also plays the festival twice, yesterday and tonight. Yesterday's gig was even better than in London.

Here's one song from the Parkay Quarts album on soundcloud you really need to check out: https://soundcloud.com/krazypunx/09-these-boots

It's the last song you'd expect them to cover, but they killed it.

That band man, they seem to do everything just right. Hope they don't changr a single thing about their music.

Speaking of which, The Vaccines are back with a third album. Man, talk about wasted potential, that first album was sooo good, yet they destroyed all good will with their second one.

You wish.

and Costa didn't boss anything. Our defence merely helped him to score few goals. Its amusing to see him act all mighty when he scored a simple tap in.

The thirst is real!

None of his goals against Everton were tap ins... The only tap in I remember was Colesman from Hazard assist.
HVDcRns.png

It's becoming sad how angry people are.

Eventually I think everyone will look back fondly on him, but I really don't like the vitrol and anger directed at him.

I feel bad for the guy in some ways.

I just feel like he's really ambivalent as to whether he feels committed to the job any more.

Sticking around for the sake of it is not a pretty way to leave your legacy though.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

Eventually I think everyone will look back fondly on him, but I really don't like the vitrol and anger directed at him.

He'll be remenbered as a great manager who stuck around waaay after his prime.

faridmon

None of his goals against Everton were tap ins... The only tap in I remember was Colesman from Hazard assist.
HVDcRns.png

Simple, tap-in, same difference.

We were shambles, I admit. But to be happy about that performance is just pathetic, none of the defence played good and hence made the attack look like world beaters.

Simple, tap-in, same difference.

We were shambles, I admit. But to be happy about that performance is just pathetic, none of the defence played good and hence made the attack look like world beaters.

It never felt better being pathetic.

qAFxg2e.gif

MZqPKFK.gif

That tap in. The Mikel backheel, showing Besic how it's done, makes it. That is sensational.

Yen

I'm watching the first episode of Veep, it's very good. Can see Buster Bluth's character getting old though

As I said earlier, I have a lot of respect for the man, I think he is and will always be remembered as one of the greatest managers ever, particularly in the PL and Arsenal's case (obv).

But he doesn't learn from his mistakes, he doesn't know how to set the team up and is a crap tactical manager. Okay, I don't blame him for the team missing chance after chance in every game, but I do blame him for the defending. He has had brilliant defenders before in his title-winning seasons but he seems to have forgotten that what makes a good team is a strong defence.

He sets the team up to play the same way every single game. Very very frustrating. And I don't understand why he doesn't just put Chambers in CB and Bellerin on the RB spot. Monreal is shite in CB, surely Wenger can see that?

His time is up. There are many other forward-thinking managers who can set the team up correctly and sensibly. Thanks for the memories Arsene.

As I said earlier, I have a lot of respect for the man, I think he is and will always be remembered as one of the greatest managers ever, particularly in the PL and Arsenal's case (obv).

But he doesn't learn from his mistakes, he doesn't know how to set the team up and is a crap tactical manager. Okay, I don't blame him for the team missing chance after chance in every game, but I do blame him for the defending. He has had brilliant defenders before in his title-winning seasons but he seems to have forgotten that what makes a good team is a strong defence.

He sets the team up to play the same way every single game. Very very frustrating. And I don't understand why he doesn't just put Chambers in CB and Bellerin on the RB spot. Monreal is shite in CB, surely Wenger can see that?

His time is up. There are many other forward-thinking managers who can set the team up correctly and sensibly. Thanks for the memories Arsene.

Dean's always been the most level-headed Arsenal fan.
Him and Avaya obvs.

Kudos.

wedward

I feel bad for the guy in some ways.

I just feel like he's really ambivalent as to whether he feels committed to the job any more.

Sticking around for the sake of it is not a pretty way to leave your legacy though.

Arsenal is his life's work. The man doesn't have a life. It's all Arsenal. I don't think he can imagine his life without them. I think that's a huge part of his inability to even consider leaving or letting someone else have some control.

Honestly think trophies aren't the most important thing to him.

Wellscha

German football GAF, I need help. I'm looking for a way to follow my favorite team (VFL Bochum) in English. So far, everything is in German including twitter account and official site. Heck, nobody seems to discuss anything about Bochum in any language other than German. Any help would be appreciated.

LegoArmo

German football GAF, I need help. I'm looking for a way to follow my favorite team (VFL Bochum) in English. So far, everything is in German including twitter account and official site. Heck, nobody seems to discuss anything about Bochum in any language other than German. Any help would be appreciated.

Können Sie nicht helfen.

Pennywise

Uff that's a pretty weird request, but I'll take a look around.

Btw.
English official page.
http://www.vfl-bochum.de/site/start_en.htm

Arsenal is his life's work. The man doesn't have a life. It's all Arsenal. I don't think he can imagine his life without them. I think that's a huge part of his inability to even consider leaving or letting someone else have some control.

Well then, if we truly want to progress as a club, our focus should be getting a manager who has experience of winning trophies recently. 2 FA Cups in the last 9 years does not count.

wedward

Well then, if we truly want to progress as a club, our focus should be getting a manager who has experience of winning trophies recently. 2 FA Cups in the last 9 years does not count.

Eh I think what he did prior to that was more important than trophies but whatever.

Probably time for a change.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

If he truly wants it he should let it go, he's doing more harm than good at this point.

Think that has a lot to do with it. He seems like someone who would never leave unless forced to, put it that way.

wedward

If he truly wants it he should let it go, he's doing more harm than good at this point.

That's the point though. He is unable to see that because of how dedicated his life is to Arsenal.

Don't think he is harming Arsenal. He just isn't improving us. Still think we are favs for 4th.

Don't think he'll leave because he has dedicated his life to this and probably feels that after all the years of being unable to spend he deserves a chance to build a squad with the money he played a major role in earning for the club.

Eh I think what he did prior to that was more important than trophies but whatever.

Probably time for a change.
Yes, he did a fantastic job bringing new diets and new ideas to the English game, which was desperately needed back then. And ofc, going unbeaten for a season was a hugely impressive achievement (perhaps his greatest at Arsenal) but that era is over now. And I think that ended with Dein leaving the club. Very important figure and friend to Arsene.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
That's the point though. He is unable to see that because of how dedicated his life is to Arsenal.

Don't think he is harming Arsenal. He just isn't improving us. Still think we are favs for 4th.

Don't think he'll leave because he has dedicated his life to this and probably feels that after all the years of being unable to spend he deserves a chance to build a squad with the money he played a major role in earning for the club.

I think a lack of improvement in any sports is a harm, you should always aim to be the best at anything, not seek confort in going to the Champions League and get kicked out early.

K1LLER7

Watched those Arsenal Fan TV video's posted on the last page.

Guy acuses us of playing like Stoke loool. Arsenal could do with somebody like Fellaini.

Would've loved it if that ADM chip went in. Good to see him playing well again tho.

RVP only had 12 touches all game. Needs to sort it out or give Wilson a start.

Elchele

I just finished watching 'Wreck It Ralph'. It was good, like, REALLY good.

The struggle is real

wedward

Yes, he did a fantastic job bringing new diets and new ideas to the English game, which was desperately needed back then. And ofc, going unbeaten for a season was a hugely impressive achievement (perhaps his greatest at Arsenal) but that era is over now. And I think that ended with Dein leaving the club. Very important figure and friend to Arsene.

I think Wenger has shown over the past two windows he is capable of signing big players that he wants. Gazidis essentially does what Dein did and he has done a good job the last few years.

Swap him for Klopp.
That's the dream m8. That's the dream. (When he retires, cos there's no way hes leaving otherwise lol)

Seriously tho, who do you realistically think we can get? If Wenger was sacked next summer, who would be the most attainable target?

Top Bottom