• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Giroud unavailable against Dortmund since Arsenal didn't register him for the group stage
A1YXKcN.gif

Clegg

I defended RVP's performance against City and also thought he played well against Chelsea. But after the Arsenal game it's time to say he's dead.

Deader than dead.

Extinct.

Save us, Caramel.

Blablurn

hey

hey

look at me

its gonna be okay.

if not the board has to reacht. if arsenal loses tmw the coach needs to be fired. we have to put some money in our hands in start investing too. it has to happen in the winter. based board, give us kloppo and hummels. once we got them only the sky is the limit.

but im sick of whats happening now. if we against dortmund we need to scream. highbury must be hell again. if not for the enemy but for the board. hail gunners.

hey

hey

look at me

its gonna be okay.

if not the board has to reacht. if arsenal loses tmw the coach needs to be fired. we have to put some money in our hands in start investing too. it has to happen in the winter. based board, give us kloppo and hummels. once we got them only the sky is the limit.

but im sick of whats happening now. if we against dortmund we need to scream. highbury must be hell again. if not for the enemy but for the board. hail gunners.
Yeah. We need a joke manager for a joke club.

KidJr

Arsenal are really doing there best to become the laughing stock of the EPL.

I am petrified as to what Dortmund are gunna do to us this week.

’‘I like Arsene for his principles. But principles are sort of restriction. And restrictions are always lost possibilities,’

lmfao this is amazing

I hope McNair keeps his place as first choice. He deserves it. He has played in tough fixtures and been decent. Better than Jones or Evans at least by a mile.

Clegg

Remember those hysterical articles about United losing their identity upon selling Welbeck? Well Blackett and McNair are now first teamers and Wilson will usurp RVP soon enough.

Zabojnik

I wonder what would happen to Wenger's legacy, if a manager, say Klopp, took over and immediately started dominating with Arsenal. League in the first year, CL in the second.

I wonder what would happen to Wenger's legacy, if a manager, say Klopp, took over and immediately started dominating with Arsenal. League in the first year, CL in the second.

It would take a pretty huge hit.

It's already taking a bit of a battering.

The fans are already starting to cite the stadium as his crowning achievement or something.

Wilbur

Banned
Arsenal are just so... Arsenal. Mes que un club.

Fellaini/Herrera - Fellaini's presence and muscle is something we do need in the squad, but then his passing is fucking rancid and he doesn't offer the movement or awareness that Herrera does. On paper, a 4-3-3 with both of them and Carrick would be good, but Di Maria hasn't played very well out wide and that means dropping another of our plethora of strikers.

ADM - no idea why he didn't go round Martinez :lol. 3-0 at the Emirates would have been beautiful. Still, he played well. Looks so much more dangerous when given a bit of free rein. The collective shitting of pants when he runs at people is just gorgeous to experience, no matter the end result.

RVP - 12 touches all game. Just fucking dead. Fergie bought him, we all knew it was a risk and thankfully it paid off in the short term. But with Falcao coming back and Wilson looking bright in cameos, something has to give. Both would offer something at the moment that van Persie isn't.

McNair - played well in the second half, but so did Smalling and Young and Valencia... Blackett was pretty poor all night.

Still though, like we said, we'd have lost that game against any other team :lol

L1NETT

Wenger's influence went far beyond Arsenal

Klopp would have to work wonders to begin dominating with that squad.

Even if he did you gotta be right simple to think that taints the impact Wenger had.

Type of manager they should be looking at mind, nowt idea if he would go/what his contract system is with Dortmund.

-----

In far more depressing news, seems like Hudders/Bolton gonna bid 1.3m for big Jim Hanson in jan

Can't hudders get their own fucking strikers. City B team that shitehole

Give us Stead and Patterson, ta ya wee fucks.

Fellaini/Herrera - Fellaini's presence and muscle is something we do need in the squad, but then his passing is fucking rancid and he doesn't offer the movement or awareness that Herrera does. On paper, a 4-3-3 with both of them and Carrick would be good, but Di Maria hasn't played very well out wide and that means dropping another of our plethora of strikers.

ADM - no idea why he didn't go round Martinez :lol. 3-0 at the Emirates would have been beautiful. Still, he played well. Looks so much more dangerous when given a bit of free rein. The collective shitting of pants when he runs at people is just gorgeous to experience, no matter the end result.

RVP - 12 touches all game. Just fucking dead. Fergie bought him, we all knew it was a risk and thankfully it paid off in the short term. But with Falcao coming back and Wilson looking bright in cameos, something has to give. Both would offer something at the moment that van Persie isn't.

McNair - played well in the second half, but so did Smalling and Young and Valencia... Blackett was pretty poor all night.

Still though, like we said, we'd have lost that game against any other team :lol

3 of RVP's touches were corners :lol

It was obviously a crap performance...but...the team has stuck together over the past few weeks. The performances against the "better" teams have been much better than they were last season. Still way way short of where we need to be obv.

RVP needs to get benched man...he's barely even a body up the pitch right now. Against West Ham and Chelsea he was at least that. But the last couple of weeks he's just nowhere to be seen. I don't even think it's a lack of effort. He needs to retire and go audition for JP.

Wilbur

Banned
hahahaha

Manchester City have apologised after the club reportedly gave children certificates featuring a photograph of Ched Evans.

The Sun on Sunday newspaper said youngsters attending club coaching sessions were sent home with certificates that featured photographs of stars who came through the club’s academy programme, including convicted rapist Evans, who was at City for eight years before moving to Sheffield United.

hahahaha

Iker Casillas is a surprise inclusion as one of five goalkeepers on the shortlist for the Fifa’s 2014 World XI despite a disappointing showing at the World Cup in Brazil and only 12 La Liga appearances for Real Madrid.

"a surprise"

Ingeniero

Stop this madness about that Klopp guy replacing Wenger.

He won't leave, he will get a raise at the end of the season after another top4 finish, a bigger budget and will continue to improve the squad.

Wengy <3

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

RVP's 12 touches included his corners and set pieces :lol

It was 5 I think :lol

5 :lol

Clegg

Thought dropping Mata was a bit harsh after he won us the game against Palace. two home games coming up next. Hope to see he and Herrera playing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't think Kloppo can win anything with that Arsenal

No one can

Whole club needs a facelift, think Juve 2010's clear out (that included the directors)

Thought dropping Mata was a bit harsh after he won us the game against Palace. two home games coming up next. Hope to see he and Herrera playing.

Nah, Mata hasn't been any better than Rooney this season.

We should give him a few games here and there though to help with the swap deal for Vidal.

Wilbur

Banned
3 of RVP's touches were corners :lol

It was obviously a crap performance...but...the team has stuck together over the past few weeks. The performances against the "better" teams have been much better than they were last season. Still way way short of where we need to be obv.

RVP needs to get benched man...he's barely even a body up the pitch right now. Against West Ham and Chelsea he was at least that. But the last couple of weeks he's just nowhere to be seen. I don't even think it's a lack of effort. He needs to retire and go audition for JP.

That's true. Think we have more points against the top 7 (City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Pool, Everton, Spurs - fuck off 3Sixty) this season than we did all last year already.

But RVP is just dead. Cheers for 2013 m8 but time to move to Italy before we all start to hate you

Remember those hysterical articles about United losing their identity upon selling Welbeck? Well Blackett and McNair are now first teamers and Wilson will usurp RVP soon enough.

Wilson is going to be a great player. Long term, we will need another striker and I Berahino has been linked who also has big potential. I'm ready for the #WilsonBerahinoFuture.

Clegg

Nah, Mata hasn't been any better than Rooney this season.

We should give him a few games here and there though to help with the swap deal for Vidal.

I suppose so. But I like seeing stuff like that rewarded.

Don't want him to leave either. Still think he can fit in.

Top Bottom