• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

I'll never get Karl and Ricky Gervais either ;_;

How's faking being a dumbass funny m8ers

Or making fun of said dumbass

It certainly became a lot less funny when it moved to tv and such, became pretty much scripted and just revisions of what they have said before. But if you go back and listen to the first many shows, it's certainly not faking anything. They slowly realize what a goldmine they have randomly hit with him and start including him more and more, until he becomes the main point of their shows.

Also Karls insults against Steve Merchant are the greatest thing ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gBfvz36C6U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoXhQ5YiVRg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
People who think Karl is faking it have listened to about 5 minutes of his recent stuff.

You might not like it which is ok, opinions are opinions but spewing your ignorance as fact just makes you look dim innit brevs.
Thank you

But you cant deny that his persona is often called into question ; p

Scum

“We play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper.”

/​

CNB1W6d.png

Oh, Brenten.

Hixx

Thank you

But you cant deny that his persona is often called into question ; p

Ever since the first series of Idiot Abroad he has definitely played it up/embellished past stories.

Like in his latest series when he was doing the dancing... not Karl at all.

Wilbur

Banned
He was expected to be out until January.

Why would we register him if he was going to be out until after the group stage?

Because a) he isn't so clearly there was always chance of an early comeback

And

b) surely there's room in your squad to register him anyway

wedward

Because a) he isn't so clearly there was always chance of an early comeback

And

b) surely there's room in your squad to register him anyway

He came back a month and a half early.

There obviously isn't room if we didn't register him...

Especially when you take into account that at the time of registering him we had one healthy striker.

RiggyRob

He came back a month and a half early.

There obviously isn't room if we didn't register him...

Who did you register instead of Giroud? I find it hard to believe there's no room for your best striker, and you should've registered him anyway on the off chance that he'd have recovered early... like he has now.

Hixx

I would argue with you, but I just can't anymore after you missed United - Chelsea to watch nfl. Lost all respect, you're just a meaningless grain of sand now. Please leave this thread.
fenrJmj.png

iAMrOJj3G3HBL.png

How must it feel to be the most stereotypical Man Utd "fan", viva?

Ouch.

It's not that crazy Arsenal left out Giroud. He made an early comeback and will now miss 2 matches, big deal. Of course it's fairly hilarious that Diaby is, he's not even homegrown is he? But well, that's Arsene, I bet he still sees him as the DM for the future.

A Danish team forgot to register one of their players a year ago, they actually forgot writing him on the paper lol

wedward

Who did you register instead of Giroud? I find it hard to believe there's no room for your best striker, and you should've registered him anyway on the off chance that he'd have recovered early... like he has now.

A striker expected to me out until the New Year.

Probably a homegrown player because we are short on those.

This is the squad they selected.

Goalkeepers: Wojciech Szczesny, David Ospina, Damian Martinez

Defenders: Mathieu Debuchy, Laurent Koscielny, Per Mertesacker, Kieron Gibbs, Nacho Monreal, Calum Chambers,

Midfielders: Mesut Ozil, Mathieu Flamini, Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Santi Cazorla, Mikel Arteta, Tomas Rosicky, Abou Diaby, Gedion Zelalem

Forwards: Lukas Podolski, Olivier Giroud, Alexis Sanchez, Theo Walcott, Danny Welbeck, Yaya Sanogo, Joel Campbell,

That's only 24 players on List A so tbh I have no idea why Giroud isn't there :lol

Defenders: Mathieu Debuchy, Laurent Koscielny, Per Mertesacker, Kieron Gibbs, Nacho Monreal, Calum Chambers,

Midfielders: Mesut Ozil, Mathieu Flamini, Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Santi Cazorla, Mikel Arteta, Tomas Rosicky, Abou Diaby, Gedion Zelalem

Forwards: Lukas Podolski, Olivier Giroud, Alexis Sanchez, Theo Walcott, Danny Welbeck, Yaya Sanogo, Joel Campbell,

wait a moment

lf0w8Wq.png

RiggyRob

That's only 24 players on List A so tbh I have no idea why Giroud isn't there :lol

It makes more sense to me that Arsene would take the chance on Debuchy coming back early rather than Giroud considering Arsenal's lack of defenders.

jtb

Banned
Giroud not being in the squad will have zero influence on where we finish in the group, not concerned at all

has anyone been watching Homeland? apparently it's really good again... I need to get caught up

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Giroud not being in the squad will have zero influence on where we finish in the group, not concerned at all

has anyone been watching Homeland? apparently it's really good again... I need to get caught up
Last night's episode was fucking incredible

This season is absolutely brilliant, and this is coming from someone who hated S2 and most of S3

The show's new focus is more towards nail biting moments and backstabbings now

arkon

I'm actually listening to the Ricky Gervais show for the first time on the drive to and from work now. I love how Karl has tried to turn around the fables and stuff that Ricky was telling him about into an educating Ricky section and how annoyed Ricky gets. It's great.

Top Bottom