• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

That's true. Think we have more points against the top 7 (City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Pool, Everton, Spurs - fuck off 3Sixty) this season than we did all last year already.

But RVP is just dead. Cheers for 2013 m8 but time to move to Italy before we all start to hate you

At the end of the day we have to remember from whence RVP came.

He's an Arsenal boy with Arsenal bedsheets. That little boy inside is just that, little. He played with a gang of losers for 8 years under a weak manager. Froggie instilled the thunder into him for a year but it was too late and not long enough to save him. And then he had a year stuck in the slime of a slug. I mean really, how much can a man endure?

We shouldn't ask for too much. He delivered a title and some great memories. Thanks Robin #ORVP

I suppose so. But I like seeing stuff like that rewarded.

Don't want him to leave either. Still think he can fit in.

Guillem said he's happy at the club and has no plans to leave and that LVG likes him.

So we may aswell say goodbye now #hugs

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester United may seek to swap 25-year-old midfielder Ander Herrera, their £29m summer signing from Athletic Bilbao, for Bayern Munich winger Xherdan Shaqiri, 23. (Bild - in German)
United are unsure about exercising the purchase option on Radamel Falcao because of the 28-year-old Colombian striker's lingering injury concerns, while fellow forward Robin van Persie, 31, could also leave the Red Devils this summer. (Le Figaro - in French)
Arsenal are interested in Basel centre-half Fabian Schar, 22, and could make a move for him in January. (Daily Star)
Manchester United and Arsenal are competing for the £12m signature of 20-year-old Hull left-back Andy Robertson, who cost the Tigers just £2.85m from Dundee United in the summer. (Daily Express)
Everton manager Roberto Martinez wants to sign Wigan midfielder Shaun Maloney, 31, who he managed during his time as boss of the Latics. (Daily Mail)
Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva, 27, could leave Anfield to join up with former Reds boss Rafa Benitez at Napoli in January. (Daily Star)
Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi, 21, dubbed the new "Ronaldo", is being linked with a £28m summer move to Liverpool or Chelsea. (Daily Express)

OTHER GOSSIP
Liverpool are planning for life after Brendan Rodgers after lining up Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp as his potential replacement. (Daily Express)
And Rodgers admits his position is under threat after his side's poor start to the season. (Daily Mirror)
Meanwhile, Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli, 24, has given himself a rating of seven out of 10 for this season, despite not yet scoring a league goal, because he believes he is running more than when he played for Manchester City. (Fox Sports Australia)
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says their impressive start reminds him of the season his Real Madrid side clocked up 100 points. (Daily Mirror)
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini believes Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola should manage in the Premier League one day. (Daily Mail)
Former Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes, 32, is unlikely to be fit enough to play for Manchester United until December at the earliest. (Daily Star)
Hull manager Steve Bruce fears the integrity of the Premier League is being ruined by player behaviour - claiming his midfielder Gaston Ramirez was sent off during Sunday's 2-1 home defeat against Tottenham because of centre-back Jan Vertonghen's melodramatic reaction. (Times - subscription only)
Former England captain Alan Shearer says Arsenal are "a soft touch" and claims "this could be the year they finally lose their Champions League place". (Sun - subscription required)
Everton's Romelu Lukaku, 21, has the potential to be the best striker in the world, says manager Roberto Martinez. (Liverpool Echo)
On-loan midfielder Niko Kranjcar, 30, plans to earn a permanent move to QPR from Dynamo Kiev, despite having not started any of their last six games. (Daily Mirror)
Former Manchester United boss David Moyes said of his opening game as Real Sociedad manager - a goalless draw at Deportivo La Coruna: "I really enjoyed it. It is quite a British stadium. The facilities were quite similar. Then there was the rain, the game itself, a few tackles flying in. It could have been a game in England." (Times - subscription required)
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew admits his squad is stronger than he first thought. (Newcastle Chronicle)

GLOBAL GOSSIP
Swedish defender Pierre Bengtsson, 26, is leaving FC Copenhagen to join Mainz on a two-year contract. (L'Equipe - in French)
Borussia Dortmund are chasing Dinamo Zagreb's 22-year-old Croatian midfielder Marcelo Brozovic, who has also been linked with AC Milan and Arsenal. (Bild - in German)
Bayern Munich have already signed a two-and-a-half-year contract with Real Madrid's 27-year-old German midfielder Sami Khedira. (L'Equipe - in French)
Inter Milan have joined a long list of Italian teams interested in Marseille forward Andre-Pierre Gignac, 28. (Le Figaro - in French)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Arsenal forward Lukas Podolski has posted a video of himself hurling a basketball through a hoop at a funfair, along with the message: "He shoots... He scores! I can find the net no matter what the sport."
We know how Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick spent his Sunday afternoon, tweeting: "Quiet finish to F1, glad the double points didn't play a part in deciding the champ. Lewis Hamilton has been immense since Spa. Congrats."
QPR defender Rio Ferdinand also enjoyed the Grand Prix, posting: "Well happy for Lewis Hamilton. Aggressive and efficient sportsman. Nico Rosberg showed admirable class in defeat. I'm a terrible loser."
Harry Kane showed his delight after Tottenham's late show at Hull. "Buzzing with that comeback. Once again we showed great spirit. Need to build some momentum now. Fans were different class," he tweeted.
Burnley defender Michael Duff turned his hand to social comment on Twitter, posting: "Seriously who votes for Stevi on X-Factor 2014. In fact come to think of it, who votes at all?"

AND FINALLY
David Moyes's first match in charge of Real Sociedad may have been a 'great experience', but the Scot may want to forget the wardrobe malfunction that went with it - after he split his trousers on his debut. (Metro)
An Arsenal supporter has been arrested after red wine was thrown at the Manchester United bench during Saturday's Premier League match. (Guardian)

Clegg

Telegraph Football ‏@TeleFootball 29s29 seconds ago

Podolski nears exit as he says 'I'm not some clown who can sit out his contract in the stands'
Tbh I forgot he even played for Arsenal.

Carbonox

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli, 24, has given himself a rating of seven out of 10 for this season, despite not yet scoring a league goal, because he believes he is running more than when he played for Manchester City.

Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi, 21, dubbed the new "Ronaldo", is being linked with a £28m summer move to Liverpool or Chelsea.

dead2.gif

L1NETT

who is in charge of dubbing players

can they be sacked please

i want to dub players

i hereby dub Aaron Mclean as the prat of peterborough

Jarnet87

I'm really annoyed Di Maria didn't score his chance at the end.

3-0 would have just been too beautiful. He looked much livelier than in the last couple of games though. It's a shame we never managed to get enough players in the box for his crosses. I thought that would be the gameplan, just aim for Monreal's head and the rest would work itself out.

Yeah Di Maria is use to athletic and talented players making attacking runs into the box to get on the end of crosses. Maybe if Falcao ever gets fit he will have someone who can connect on them.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'll never get Karl and Ricky Gervais either ;_;

How's faking being a dumbass funny m8ers

Or making fun of said dumbass

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
At the end of the day we have to remember from whence RVP came.

He's an Arsenal boy with Arsenal bedsheets. That little boy inside is just that, little. He played with a gang of losers for 8 years under a weak manager. Froggie instilled the thunder into him for a year but it was too late and not long enough to save him. And then he had a year stuck in the slime of a slug. I mean really, how much can a man endure?

We shouldn't ask for too much. He delivered a title and some great memories. Thanks Robin #ORVP

Guillem said he's happy at the club and has no plans to leave and that LVG likes him.

So we may aswell say goodbye now #hugs
viva is a legit comedian

Ok u can take vidal

Hixx

People who think Karl is faking it have listened to about 5 minutes of his recent stuff.

You might not like it which is ok, opinions are opinions but spewing your ignorance as fact just makes you look dim innit brevs.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cola is genuinely funnier than Karl, and he's not even self aware

"Girl: Are you autistic? "

His headphones

His gumping

my god

Top Bottom